1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. hadisenpai

hadisenpai Space Hobo

its crash

3. TomcatSong

TomcatSong Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,I got 2 questions. I tried to explore a Gas planet. Its env effect are Pressure, Mercury Poison, Burning, and others.

1, I crafted the Valkyrie Armor set, so i immune Pressure and Radiation II. Besides, I have Radiation EPP III, with Poison III augment I immune Mercury Poison (Radication + Poison resist). Now, how can I deal with Buring? I also have tried Poison EPP + Fire block Augment, now Buring is not the problem but I have to suffered from Mercury Poison. The Poison Immune from EEP + Radiation Immune from Valkyrie Armor set is not working. Well, how can I explore such muliti-effects planet ?

2, Is the immunity of effect able to instead Resistance (by %) of effect ? I notice that even if I have Radiation II Immune displaying on my Tricoder, I still have low or none Radiation Resistance. It is ridiculous. I am able to immune something but meanwhile can not resist it. What is the relationship between these two?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

1. creative use of armor, EPP and augments, and various plant buffs can help as well

2. The in-game guides explicitly state resistance is *intended* over immunity. So yes, % is how you are meant to resist things. 20/40/60 are generally the cutoffs per tier (again, as per the in-game guide books on resistances). Immunity is *always* inferior.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and since you didnt bother to read a single line on the main page, I don't care. There are instructions on how to look into your issue on the main page. Right at the top.

6. TomcatSong

TomcatSong Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks for reply!

I haven`t find any food can provide Burning immunity, any hint?

Back to Resistance and Immunity. Assume player equiped with Heating EPP III (60% Resisance) will not effected by Cold III. If we remove this EPP, put a Cold Immuning aromor set instead, which display Immunity in purple or red text, This player will not be effected by the Cold III Status Effect, too. Am I right ? The Cold Immunities in green and blue text are not able to protect player.

It says Mercury Poison should prevent by Radication + Poison resist. Well, the Valkyrie Armor set provides with Radiation Immunity (Blue). The Poison EPP III provides Poison Resist by 60%. That means [Radiation Immune II + Poison Resist 60%] is not able to keep safe in Mercury Poison I or II ? How to explain when I put a Posion Block Augment (Immune Poison in green text) on Radication EPP III (resist Radiation by 60%), it works. I just dont get it.

Trust me, I have tried many combinations, the Valkyrie Armor set + EPP with Augment is the nearest way i got
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional,
    I am just reminded that there may be a bug on Wire Relay. My Solar power panels are far from my device. so, I use 3 Wire Relays to trans power. Every time I come back to my planet, the power reading beside my device is 0. I ve checked the wiring, it is correct. Watcher, yes i got one, and set a switch to active the Watcher. Sadly, the power reading is still 0. But.......... when i walk to the Wire Relays, just reconect them one time, power back. :zzz: (even if the switch of Watcher is still OFF).
    Is there any mistake made by me or it is just an abnormal funcation.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  7. adasio987

adasio987 Space Hobo

help me

Attached Files:

8. Eruantien

Eruantien Big Damn Hero

Hi, I'm trying to get FU working on a server, but I've been getting either 'Incoming client packet has caused exception' issues (even when all local mods and server mods are the same) and when the game does load, it just shows empty space where the ship should be: everything is interactable, but no ship or avatar display. Pastebin of the log below.

https://pastebin.com/MjLzHFnK

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

have anyone ever boot up the game and just lisened to them song it plays on the menu because of how calming it it was?

10. Riftweaver81

Riftweaver81 Big Damn Hero

i'm really really enjoying FU at the moment, but i have a few questions.. sometimes when im digging down through a world i find this robotic worm thing just moving around, it reminds me a lot of the worms in terraria. but nothing i can do seems to do any damage to it. i've tried melee, guns, explosives, electricity, radiation, mining, elemental damage, nothing.. how do i deal with it?

another question, im exploring a few cyber-worlds and when some of the enemies die, they leave behind a little pink...thing, but i cant scan it, pick it up, or interact with it at all. what do i do with that?

last one. where on earth can i find a somewhat reliable place to farm parasitic goo for the rogue quest weapon? i've found 1 so far

11. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

I'm thinking, if we consider that :
    - FU has now custom races
    - FU has some Avali items
    Is it a bad idea rolling Avali into FU ?

12. Graffiiti

Graffiiti Void-Bound Voyager

Afternoon, after doing a bit of maintenance on my server, i decided to AFK at our base and this error showed up the next morning, got any ideas?

upload_2019-3-5_12-40-7.png

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  13. The_Holo

The_Holo Void-Bound Voyager

These seems to be something funky going on with memory allocations/leaking.
    I notice the starbound server eating up memory fast in some scenarios.
    I just built a Quantum Fluid farm on an Irradium Sea planet, with about 10 Densinium pumps, a bunch of solar towers, and containers and ITD's to move the irradium into 15ish centrifuges and then into a arc smelter and beyond to an erchius converter.
    This causes the starbound server to eat up 1-5 MB per second (Which it don't return when leaving the planet )
    Server log is not much helpful, but lists the mods active atleast. https://pastebin.com/qQt4ix1S

14. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

1). Factory is vastly overextended. Solars? No, use actual power gen. Far too many pumps and centrifuges, too. Scale down to 2-3 at the very most and you won't have power problems, either.
    2). Welcome to the 64bit build. There's a memory leak in the LUA interpreter. No, we can't fix it.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

help you what? you dont even have FU installed.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

cant help much with multiplayer, unfortunately. Ive never done it in SB. Make sure everyone has the *same* mods, and has "allow asset mismatch" enabled. otherwise, i know nothing more.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

pink...thing? the mech battery? thats for mechs.

worm: all have a weakness. you simply havent found the right one.

rogue quest weapon? not even from FU. Don't know.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you are over-using automation. Nothing more. There is a memory leak in the 64 bit client and it does not like ITDs. Try the 32-bit and see if your luck changes.

bottom line: the automation was never intended for large-scale operations and AFK farms. Try one or two centrifuges, not 15. 1 or 2 pumps. not 10.

Especially: Few generators with higher output, not a ton of lesser, crappier generators, etc. Why go with a bunch of craptastic solar when two fission produces like, 80x as much power? :)

Arti78 likes this.
  19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

I got booted from a moon back to my ship. Upon looking into the log, I saw this.....
    [02:24:09.582] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /playermodes.config.patch in source: ..\mods\FrackinUniverse-5.6.289. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Tried to get key '3' in non-object type in pathApply("/survival/deathDropItemTypes/3")
    [02:24:34.024] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (TreasureException) Unknown treasure pool 'astrofaeTreasure'

Here's my log.
    https://pastebin.com/BafaQWdp