1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Balthazar_Blake

Balthazar_Blake Void-Bound Voyager

You can report bugs here as far as I know, but you need to attach a log file.
    Regarding the bug, this could be another mods fault or you simply missed it. Try putting away everything besides logs from your inventory, press C and check the "Materials Available" box.

Also, when starting with Frackin Universe, you also need to start a fresh universe.

SpaceAdventurer15 likes this.
  2. SpaceAdventurer15

SpaceAdventurer15 Void-Bound Voyager

Haha, thank you soo much for responding to my post and my plea for help. I followed your advice, stating it could be one the mods I've installed and I noticed a weird crafting station in my inventors table menu. After checking through all my mods, even through steam and figuring a way to obtain timber using the mods I have that allows me to duplicate what I got of timber. I noticed something odd, I don't remember me installing a mod that comes with a carpenter station?!

I looked it up and guess what, I found the mod thats been making me to lose my mind! (Block printer mod)

I read through the mod comments and realized there's been a secret update where timber is no longer craftible by hand WHICH I FIND VERY DUMB AND RIDICULOUS! The Author of the mod wanted an amnesia feel for his mod... that explains why timber was not available, it has to be found..

Good mod concept but would of been nice if he mentioned this on his mod description. Thank you for helping me understand how to solve this problem!

Balthazar_Blake likes this.
  3. Ashtar084

Ashtar084 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found the problem., I managed to fix this in the Nightars mod
    I was using it next to it I discovered that in his already was with this race added: P thank you

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. Doodlinka

Doodlinka Void-Bound Voyager

where is version for Starbound 1.3.4?

5. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

It's not on a pirated website, that's for sure |:I

6. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

While I was playing, I found a machine pistol. I thought: neat!
    How wrong I was.
    A hunting bow does more damage than a pistol?! The bow does 10 damage per shot (to bats) while the pistol only 1.

Does that make sense to all of you? And please don't talk about dps and balancing, that's bogus. If I shoot with a gun, I expect things to die, and very badly.
    I can understand if I try to kill enemies from a higher tier planet, but this pistol is useless on the very same planet I found it.

7. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Machine pistols are low damage, high rate of fire, they can do a lot of damage quickly, and can be duel wielded for more damage. There might be a set of armor or two that boost that damage also.

You'll find lots of "useless" weapons, it just depends on what you use personally most of the time. If you want damage per shot, snipers or rocket launchers are the best bet. Some like to spray rounds, others like the "spells" from wands and staves.

Natural Aura likes this.
  8. Chemuel

Chemuel Big Damn Hero

Greetings!

First, thank You for an awesome mod, it somewhat ruined my life with all the time I started spending on starbound since I found FU but really, that just means great work!

Second... bug problem.
    Installed mods:
    FU
    Xbawks character extender
    combinable augments (the novelty of constantly switching armor really wears off after the first hundred planets...)

I have a "refinery" set up on an aether sea planet as follows:
    32 copper pumps > transfer device (ignore output slots 5 to 24, even split) > 16 gas centrifuges > transfer device (ignore input slots 1 to 4) > 4 wall storages > transfer device (ignore slot 1 (where the ancient essence sits) > incincerator
    All on one screen so the distance limit of the item network should not be a problem. Other items around: glitch flag, eight atmospheric condensers, five quantum reactors, one wall storage of metallic hydrogen
    The setup worked fine for a while without the incinerator. Then the game started slowing down massively, also my entire computer (it's a potato, by the way) started lagging and getting massive hickups. Game just hung up, sometimes crashed to desktop, now when I have nothing else running and just leave it alone for a while it gives me a "std exception bad allocation in main loop" error and goes into the main menu. Sometimes I also found my character just beamed back up to the ship. Beaming down to the aether planet would usually result in immediate CTD then. Seems like some kind of memory leak I guess.
    I figured maybe it's the number of items created, trying to alleviate this via the incinerator to no avail.
    Also I may have started getting that issue around the time I got a cyborg crewman and as he was the first I "brought along" landed him on this planet with me, but I am very uncertain about that.
    Attaching logs. Blank, one and two show the issues immediately at the bottom. I am not certain what 3 does, maybe I quit due to lag before a crash. Will throw all in here, You are the smart one.

Also, the item transfer devices sometimes lost their configuration after any kind of crash, but I guess that's to be expected somewhat.

Thanks for maintaining this huge mod, and maybe helping me with my stupid atherrefinery-on-a-potato-bug.

EDIT: I think I could narrow down the problem. Once a pump starts "overflowing" it seems to store the excess Aether in some kind of imaginary overflow bag that is either buggy or not intended to handle that much stuff. Tried it and the game starts displaying the exact form of lag after I forcefed a pump till it started throwing up. Found that seven and a half of my pumps were doing that. The lag however persists (slightly reduced) when leaving the planet and even after going back to main menu, only quitting completely and restarting fixes it, so this still seems to be some weird behind the scenes issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  9. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The "weird behind-the-scenes issue" is a memory leak the the game's LUA handler that only really gets encountered with the excessive automation setups made possible by FU that players end up blindly making. If you're at the tech level for gas centrifuges, there's no reason to use so many low-end pumps instead of a smaller, saner number of upgraded ones. 16 gas is way too many. 8 Atmos is also way too many. You really don't need 5 reactors.

10. Chemuel

Chemuel Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the tip, did not notice there were other pumps now...

Never the less, do I understand correctly that this is an issue of the vanilla starbound tech not being intended to handle this kind of abuse? Do You know if there are any plans to fix this at some point (given that starbound definitely profits a lot from all the work put in by modders...)? Automation is great for convenience, but even better for scale, as in real life... (dreaming of a massive factory planet here... ) - furthermore this setup is not new. I had an older version of Starbound + FU on my old rig (was a beast, but imploded now...) where I constantly set up this kind of base and it ran just fine. This issue only started happening after I installed the current versions (~three weeks ago) on my potato.

Any idea which part exactly causes the issue? Too many items? Item transfer? Too many simultaneous item spawns? I'd like to optimize around the issue so I can at least keep my aetherfarm running somewhat. The current set-up nets ~4K Ancient essence per hour which in my perception is still not that much... have reached endgame content and want to upgrade all the gearz(!), requiring around 50K essence per armor per level... is there a better way to find large amounts of essence than setting up a farm by now (would much rather loot and kill than manage, but that's just super ineffective...)?

11. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound just wasn't made for this kind of abuse, and it's all of the above. Even those mods that modify the config for increasing the Worker Pool Thread count just help with AI processing.

12. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

You know something big is coming if sayter hasn't updated in a week+. Heck, even several days apart usually includes something nice.

A bit of a question... I've noticed that some play styles don't quite have gear to give an incentive to continue playing them. The archer type for example, as far as I've seen the only set that is made for bows is the leather set. Is this a design choice or because of lack of spriting for higher tier archer armor?

13. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, I'd noticed that too. Because I use FR along with FU, I try to stick with the playstyles suited for each race. One more example would be the spear class, and I don't mean the shortspear, it only has a couple armor sets that actually benefit from using a spear. the thing is, they're so weak that even if you were to upgrade them to max they're not worth using.

U know, it's funny in a sad way when mods, like FU and ER, are looked up to for updates more then the game itself. xwx

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Umbra420 likes this.
  14. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Or ya know, he could have taken a break for the holiday/black friday. Wait, this is Sayter we're talking about...

Natural Aura likes this.
  15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. tinkeryellowmane

tinkeryellowmane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just curious if anyone else have lost the ability to see what star coordinates their cross hairs are on or where their ship is at when sitting in the captain's chair.

17. xcoopx

xcoopx Void-Bound Voyager

we need ring planets in fu xP

Ickura and Natural Aura like this.
  18. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

How will this weather change affect already generated planets? Will their weather stay the same or change to fit the new system?

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

You should post a crash log, I fought the Erchius Horror just earlier, and everything worked as it normally would.