1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Balthazar_Blake

Balthazar_Blake Void-Bound Voyager

The standard ship layouts would get in the way of your actually wanting to make your own custom ship, defeating the purpose of BYOS.

The vanilla ships have an unbreakable backround behind the walls as well. If you really want to, you could simply mimic one of the racial ships by building.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its impossible for him to *not* drop the flesh, since thats labelled as a "fill" in his loot list and therefore spawns 100% of the time in the exact amount i set it. More likely, you had no room and it simply didnt pick it up, and you did not notice.

3. Lechrenski

Lechrenski Orbital Explorer

I just jumped halfway across the galaxy for -125 fuel. I have a regular-sized FTL drive, the Radian, an Assassin, an Engineer I, a Mechanic I, and a Mechanic II. Return trip is 1000 fuel. What gives?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No idea. I don't know what mods you use, whats in your log, what stuff you have placed in your ship, etc. You may have exceptional fuel savings from crew, or anything in between, including errors from other mods.

5. Haidee

Haidee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Sayter,

The EPP of "A Dead Animal" uses 1x pelt in it's recipe. The FU wiki says pelts were replaced by leather in a previous patch. Could you please check this recipe and confirm?

Thanks again.

6. Balthazar_Blake

I thought the same thing, I was sure I had enough space and looked around for the flesh. Maybe I really missed it. Will give it another attempt later to confirm if it was just my stupidity the issue.

7. Balthazar_Blake

Alright, turns out it was sort of my stupidity that caused the Shoggoth issue. Seems like the first time around I ran too far back and the boss despawned. I was still able to finish the dungeon, but obviously I got no drops.

Killed him properly now and got the flesh, so it's all good.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

likely an oversight. will fix.

9. Lechrenski

The only mods I'm using are FrackinUniverse, FrackinMusic, FrackinRaces, XBawks (as required for Frackin), and a SAIL mod for the races. Nothing unusual (yesterday I also installed Crew Don't Close Doors, but the problem started before then). Additionally, I completely deleted Starbound before re-installing it last month, fresh, with only the mods mentioned. I'm playing as a human, and haven't downloaded attritional races. I haven't even activated the racial furniture thing from the machining bench. I don't have any thrusters, only the single drive, and I only have the crew I mentioned earlier (plus a brawler I picked up recently, though that didn't change anything).

Nobody has reported this before? I agree that the crew that I have taken give exceptional bonus, but I can't see why my fuel use would be negative, nor why it would differ depending on the direction I'm traveling. Regardless, log is now attached.

Attached Files:

10. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When the eld'uuhkar were introduced, at first I thought they were some sort of elder/cthulhi race before I saw them lol

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

well, no errorslisted in the log. I'd guess its something wonky with fuel efficiency stacking from crew. Do me a favor. Click your STatus menu open. Click the yellow arrow on the right edge, when you're on your ship. See if ship mass stat is out of whack, while in there.

12. Lechrenski

rgr. My ship mass is currently 34.40

My guess is that is has to be the crew. Maybe the fact that I have both an Engineer and an Engineer II? I could probably just buy another Engineer contract and see if it gets worse.

13. Haidee

Haidee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Sayter - sorry to be a pain again. I picked this codex up from underground precursor area and it doesn't seem to do anything. I click it, it disappears for a couple of seconds and then it reappears in my inventory. I searched on the wiki and these forums and couldn't find anything either. Have managed to get it into a storage container via shift-click. Named "Radien Language" with purple rarity. If it helps, my character is Human.

Thanks, Haidee

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  14. rpg4e

rpg4e Phantasmal Quasar

Hi, I use this MOD ( https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/freedom-of-movement-better-dash.3994/ ) since I tried it the first time. Without FU, it works great. But if you use FU and then want to use this MOD, so there are unfortunately problems with the Sphere (F for ball). The author seems to be inactive for a long time. Sayter do you have any desire to make something like a little compatibility patch or an idea, after which I search in the MOD files and what I would have to change so that both work together again?

15. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

If the mod is dead, don't use it.

16. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yeah, better to stay with up to date mods than risk losing all your progress. Either that or back up everything before trying it.

17. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

It took me long enough, but i'd come into the realization that bamboo trees CANNOT spawn in the background. Further research into the files indicates that it doesn't contain enough parallax data necessary in order to do so. (has a crystal one right now I do believe.)
    This saddens me so, as I was going to make my home in the middle of a bamboo forest, it'd been tranquil at its finest. Don't suppose by chance this could be added in later on? That would be awesome! ^-^

Also, figured to mention that the Shoggoth Armor set doesn't appears as copper armor or something if placed on a mannequin. This isn't something that recently appeared, its been around for a while. I just figured to mention it. ;)

18. Balthazar_Blake

Does FU do anything to the Guardian bosses in Ancient Vaults? Can't remember if they did this in vanilla, but every time I fight one, they remain "stunlocked" in the middle of the arena as I deal damage to them, flashing some purple animation constantly.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. SpaceAdventurer15

SpaceAdventurer15 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there, does anyone know where I can report bugs regarding frackin universe because I just stumbled upon something so frustrating, I thought I was losing my mind for a moment.

So I'm not certain this is a bug but I can't find timber AT ALL when I'm using frackin universe and this just happened when I got back to playing starbound because I miss it and just got some time to kill for it.

I noticed I couldn't find timber when I got back to my last saved gameplay, where I was about to build a new base since I found a perfect planet to create a settlement. I needed timber to create ornate wood and I ran out of timber so I decided to go check the crafting menu by pressing C. And that's where the problem begins, timber is no where to be found. I scroll back and forth several times, more slowly each time and with my own eyes, it's not there!

I even went through all the stations it could be in or moved to, since frackin updates frequently, no where to be found. My final attempt was to start a new game, keeping my old one and check to see if I can get timber in the beginning. I was right, timber doesn't exist.. what's going on and is this a bug?

Once I get a response, I can send my starbound files right away or just tell me what to do to fix it!!

I really want to get back to my gameplay because I just got interesting building designs I want to try out this time round.

If you found this post, please send it to the creator of the mod frackin universe. I really love the mod because it adds so much things to do in starbound that just makes the game worth playing again!