1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You dont need the madness or precursor resources for anything currently, so who cares? The research system is in no way implemented. What is there is a test.

2. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

I see...

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Why you would think otherwise is beyond me. Nothing in the mod tells you to access it nor has any content been added that even implies such :)

4. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

The SAIL has the test version of it.
    S.A.I.L > Misc. > [ZB] Research Tree

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes, but so what? nothing at all tells you about it , or to use it. It's clearly placeholder content.

Apparently I need to add text to it to tell people this. You aren't the first to mention this. I'll add that in for this release so that no one else gets confused!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

So, you added wine as a rare drop...
    I guess you could say that people who don't get the wine get winey
    -goes and jumps off a cliff screaming "APPLES"- Bad joke. I know.

Arti78 likes this.
  8. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something really weird happened. I had completed the dark cavern and got the science brochure allowing me to go to the outpost. Once I got to Esther, I spoke with her and the usual cutscene began. After it ended, suddenly, the game cut to Pirate Pete and his helpers repairing my ship's FTL drive, before I even went to the mines! So um.... is that something that is a bug or a part of frackin universe, or something else. Anybody have any ideas of whats going on?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and this is why update notes are important to read. You may have been absent a while though, in which case:

FU allows you to make the storyline optional now. this is how we made that happen.

10. zenithBemusement

zenithBemusement Void-Bound Voyager

...ok, I know you guys probably have a billion things you want to do, and I don't want to come off as an ungrateful demanding twat, but could you please make the Cute set dye-able? I'm using NPCspawner to make myself a team of magical girls for a RP type thing I'm GMing, and I kinda want to make them all color-coded. It's fine if ya'll don't do it (as someone who has developed software themselves I know there's always a million things you want to improve), but I figured that I might as well ask.

11. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed a change to some of the bosses. Like the Mother Poptop and Ixodoom. They seem tougher to beat now. I really like this. I hope all of the game's bosses got this nice improvement especially vault guardians,as I always felt they were too easy. Keep up the good work Sayter.

Arti78 likes this.
  12. Constantinople

I was wondering something, perhaps Sayter or someone else can help me. It seems that the hunting + wildlife mod is dead as it won't work anymore and crashes my game, regardless of whether I get the version on these forums or on steam. And yes, I have the correct add-on also installed to make it compatible with FU. The mod creator does not seem to respond to people asking about this. Since hunting+wildlife is such a good mod, is there anyone who has plans for fixing it and possible moving it into FU?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no. I have no desire to add it to FU.

14. tigerfestival

Hey Sayter did you remove the Armed NPCs in the Erchius Mining Mission? I didn't see any of them there.

15. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

No. It sounds like you have a conflict somewhere, but that's all we can say without a LOG.

16. tigerfestival

I think it might be the NPCs aren't stupid mod I downloaded. I'll uninstall that and see what happens.

Edit: I was right the NPCs aren't stupid mod apparently kills armed NPCs with Frackin Universe installed. I went to the mining facility after uninstalling NPCs aren't stupid and the armed NPCs started appearing again.

A real shame I really like the NPCs aren't stupid mod. It adds more challenge to fighting enemies. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  17. Constantinople

I see. To bad the mod is dead, it was nice but there are other mods that can replace much of what it offered. One does not need it for a good experience.

I do want to ask another question, as I have been playing through the latest version of FU (I took a long break), I noticed a lot more tech's that I could utilize. Many of them seemed to take or did take inspiration from the Metroid series of games, such as the distortion sphere being able to lay a bomb, or to a version of the screw attack, and Starbound's version of the spider ball. Are these addition's a part of FU. If so, might I request another tech at some point? The one I would like to see is a more powerful explosion being laid in sphere mode. SB already has its own version of Metroid's morph ball, spider ball and morph ball bomb. It only lacks the morph ball power bomb.

Thanks.

18. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

If I'm reading the .lua right, the Precursor-variant sphere has an explosion based on how much energy you have. (Max Energy / 3.5 vs. flat rate of 10) Gonna have to find these mysterious "Precursor" things... whatever they are...

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

FU has many techs. if they appear in the FU tech menu via the Tech Tablet, then yes, they are from FU. And no, I won't be adding a power-bomb.

20. Constantinople

Ok. So where do you see yourself taking FU in the future?