1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Uh, why in the world do we need teleporter cores to make ITDs?!?

I mean, really?

Why make them expensive? Isn't it enough work just planning out, wiring, programming, and building the big fancy setups that use them, without worrying about how we're going to get the damn things themselves? This isn't even a progression thing, it's just annoying.

2. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Because they teleport items. Even bread.

3. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it possible for a forest, rainforest, jungle, etc. to spawn in a bamboo forest as the background rather then trees? I can't determine if this is possible, though I'd like to say I've seen it happen before, but for the life of me I can't recall what planet or character I found that on. I wouldn't be surprised if a bamboo forest background is not a thing and I'm just remembering it all wrong. owo

4. NaturesWitness

They move stuff about 10 feet, they don't need an item that normally shifts stuff to other planets. Requiring such an expensive item for something you need so many of is just a pain.

5. notanaccount2

notanaccount2 Big Damn Hero

something something "balancing mechanics" or something I'm sure

6. NaturesWitness

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this one. ITDs and grabbers are just a basic building component in FU, they have no more business being expensive than blocks and doors do.

7. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Fun fact: Proto worlds can kill you even with admin on! lol

8. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Correct. Proto-poison works by reducing max health by an amount based on multiple factors each 'tick'. Admin or not, 0 max health is still fatal.

9. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Was all sorts of WTF when it happened tho, lol.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. The_Holo

The_Holo Void-Bound Voyager

"nobody loves you"
    Aww. I hate when that gets patched in games -.-

Zach9o9 likes this.
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. Diver13666

Diver13666 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Sayter! First of all thank you so much for FU mod.
    Me and my wife will start a new game with FU this saturday ^^ It will be her 1st time in SB, hehe.
    I have just 4 questions.
    1. When a new update comes out I have to download the entire mod and replace my outdated version completely or there are "quick update" packs?
    2. I've installed Xbawks as you suggested and now when creating a character I have some additional races to choose from: Kihros, Radien, Tenebhrae with their badass human ship and, I think, Thelusian antlike guys.
    And my question is... is this OK? I mean I've installed FU, FU music and Xbawks only, where are these races from? Does it affect gameplay in any sort?
    3. And the race question again. Where I can read about all FU race modyfiers/rules before getting started? I've just realised that novakids have some special features in FU.
    4. Do I need anything outside of FU, FU music and Xbawks to fully experience FU?
    And that's it :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  14. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

1. The .paks all contain the full mod at that point. There aren't separate patches for the hotfixes. If you're fine with some bugs and instability from features still being worked on, you can use the Github repo to update the mod on-demand. https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-download-mod-updates-with-github.123937/
    2-4. Yes, FU includes those races. If you have the optional FrackinRaces mod, they have different stats that affect gameplay. (ex. Thelusians become good for 'tank' builds)

15. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I may not be sayter, but I think I can answer those question for you.
    1. When updating FU, you should always remove the old version of FU before installing a newer version of it.
    2. Those additional races are added in by FU itself, you'll come across them while playing through FU.
    3. I'm not 100% sure what you mean on this one, but if I were to guess, your talking about FR (Frackin Races). If that is the case you'll find there modifiers at https://sayterdarkwynd.github.io/races3.html. Otherwise you can see affects afflicted onto your character using the tricorder you get early on in game.
    4. Well, as I'd mentioned, there is also FR which also influences your gameplay of FU. Otherwise, anything else I do believe is unnecessary, but you may consider poking around the forums and steamworkshop as there are a lot of mods with FU patches out there that are also fun to have!

PS: I do believe any character expansion menu will work, if I may, might I suggest using SolaerSelect? It may be considered "Outdated", but I currently use it and it works just fine. I used to use Xbawks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  16. notanaccount2

So FU now seems to be incompatible with this mod
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/weapons-addition.4787/

getting this error when loading these two together and only these two

[Error] Could not instantiate item '[matteritem, 20, {}]'. (JsonException) Cannot convert from array to string
    [Error] Could not instantiate item '[matteritem, 20, {}]'. (JsonException) Cannot convert from array to string

(full log attached)

and a simple search for this erroring item turns up this
    ./FrackinUniverse-5.6.2611/recipes/chemlab/compounds/matteritem.recipe
    ./FrackinUniverse-5.6.2611/items/generic/crafting/matteritem.item.patch
    ./weaponsaddition/items/generic/crafting/matteritem.item.patch

so was this mod rolled into FU or something? As I was not getting this error as of 5.6.259, but that was a couple updates ago.

Attached Files:

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Sounds like a case of two mods having the same item name. So most likely you will have to remove the Weapons addition mod.

18. notanaccount2

Or I could just, you know, revert the change in FU to a point before it started conflicting, and make edits to other files in FU affected as needed
    just because some items in two mods have the same name doesn't mean a mod should be entirely removed, you know. If all mod troubleshooting was done in such a manner we'd have no mods at all.
    And considering Weapons additions hasn't been updated since Feb 5th this year, and the conflict only popped up a few updates ago with FU, I'd say frackin universe is more at fault here for breaking things where nothing was conflicting before.

19. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Given that the author of WA set up the mod as an addon to FU with absolutely no sense of balance, it's not surprising to me that their patches are broken.
    http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/json/

Attached Files:

Arti78 likes this.
  20. notanaccount2

That still does nothing to answer what actually got broken, as FU has changed nothing in matteritem.patch as far as I can tell, and yet version 5.6.2571 works just fine with WA, while the current version does not.