1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Does FU expanding tenants as well?, i mean if i build a house of precursor blocks/glass furniture, can i expect anyone ? :)

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It adds tenants, yes. Not tons, but it does.

lordbociek likes this.
  3. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Would it not make sense for the local sun to be shining upon your ship, with potential for environmental effects like increased levels of radiation, higher or even lower temperature depending on the star you're orbiting? Could also make it possible for solar panels to work on ships if sunlight to the ship world is added.

4. AuroraSnowfall

AuroraSnowfall Subatomic Cosmonaut

@sayter
    make pls planets:
    "sausage block" planets with ketchup seas
    and compressed fish planets with milk seas
    it would be funny tho

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No.

thefnord likes this.
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There is no way to make varied effects based on sun type, that I know of. The API makes no distinction there.

Solar panels will not work on ships ever again. The intent is to get people building better generators, not spamming 900 cheap shitty solars and never touching anything else.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found a bug, the quest "Dark Stained Glass" doesn't show up in the quest book, despite being required for other quests.
    Also, the precursor generator must have it's object health set wrong, as the only way to move it is to break the ground it's on, and if that ground is unbreakable you're screwed.

Finally, I built the Farsight XR-20, but found it can't shoot through walls, which makes no sense at all. I'd also suggest changing it's alt to the spawn energy field ability the Arcon Warden has, just to be true to form.

Here's a log if needed. https://pastebin.com/uDCsrJNp

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not a bug. Intended. Go to the science outpost and pick up quests there.

Nope. 100% intended. Has a ton of HP. Eventually does break.

Why not? it wasnt intended to pierce walls in FU. It's intended to -look- like the PD weapon...not to be a clone of it.

10. NaturesWitness

Well, fair enough I suppose. Although I'm curious, what does the precursor generator having loads of hp supposed to signify? That It's really REALLY heavy and should be moved with explosives? If so, maybe add to the examine dialogue "I might have to blast this thing out" or something.

Also, think I found an actual bug. If you place the "Amber Lamp" object facing left, it actually appears about 10 blocks to the right of where you placed it. The game still thinks it "exists" where you placed it though, so you have to break an invisible object to remove it.

Finally, an idea. Would it be possible to make the final upgrade of the translocator fire a guided missile like teleport beacon that stops when it hits an object instead of the ballistic one? And maybe give it the camera following trait that the Oculus Reaver alt has? It would be really fun, and a cool reward for maxing it out.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It's amazingly powerful and therefore isn't effort free. Nothing more than that.

heh. I forgot that object even existed. ive never even placed it, as it was added by another conributor lol. Thanks.

Nah. It's fine as-is. The max-tier is already super-duper useful, and ive no interest in custom-coding a new firing method for it at present. Perhaps someday.

12. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I'm curious about something: I recently noticed the mention of the opening Protectorate mission's dialogue being overhauled. I tried it out and did notice the change (though there's still some remaining mentions of it being a graduation ceremony - the human examination of Leda's portrait for one), but I was wondering why the decision to change the Protectorate lore in the first place? Is it related to a later FU questline?

Not that I'm particularly attached to the Protectorate lore in the first place, mind. It's rather generic and uninteresting.
    Still, seeing Leda going on about weaponizing matter manipulators was rather surprising, and I'm assuming is likely foreshadowing lategame FU tech.

13. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

There's a weapon called the "murder manipulator", I also think it upgrades a bit down the line, not worth it in my opinion to make but if you're a collector or something then yeah go for it.

14. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Absolutely brĂ¼tal. I want one.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i changed it because the vanilla storyline kinda sucks. Nothing more complex than that.

Ancev Caine likes this.
  16. steelst0rm

steelst0rm Space Hobo

Hi, is there any way to skip the Erchius Facility quest? Crashes my game whenever I try to turn in the quest at Penguin Pete so I think one of my mods might be incompatible. Thanks!

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Probably helps to post a log.

And yeah, the vanilla story is kinda bland.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no log, no help. Clearly something conflicting though, and it isn't FU.

19. NaturesWitness

The Magma Frame seems to be mislabeled. It says it kills mites and increases production, but it actually kills mites and sets the hive to always night. Took me a while to figure out why my Godlys were broken.

Also, the values for honey jar buffs could use a look at, a lot of the effect times don't sync up with the honey food block times. This means they're effectively useless for providing resists, since you can't use another jar when the resist times out, as the blocking time is longer. Actually, could we just ditch the whole honey food block thing? It doesn't seem to serve any useful purpose.

EDIT - Nevermind the resists thing, looked at the wrong value. It's just the healing effects that don't line up. Blocking debuff still annoying though.
    Also noticed the Queen's shield stats are actually worse than the earlier Amber Knight shield, which is odd.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks. will correct that.

intentional for balance purposes. Will not remove this. People were abusing them by stacking them with certain other effects allowing them to effectively be invulerable. This counters that and forces them to plan accordingly.

I will adjust Protection to be higher though, and increase base protection. It's actual *effects* are superior than the Amber.