1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Hey, remember how I said I while back that there was no proper unlock for Sloped Glow-glass, because the only thing that unlocked it was itself? And you said you'd fix it?

You kinda got the fix backwards. Now, picking up Sloped Glow-glass unlocks regular Glow-glass. It's supposed to be the other way around, I suspect.

2. AuroraSnowfall

AuroraSnowfall Subatomic Cosmonaut

so, do something to block those from prevent spawning in byos mode https://i.imgur.com/DEpVnd7.png

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hey moon. latest git push for FU + https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/fu-s-a-i-l-modded-race-support.5374/ should fix your woes once and for all, i thiink

4. Mooncalf99

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it should, since it completely removes the "duplicate avali tech station" issue you mentioned before on account of those files no longer existing in the mod.

6. Mooncalf99

...Those files exist in a separate mod. Installing this mod does not magically remove redundant files from a separate folder. That's not how computers work.

My particular installation runs just fine at the moment, with or without any modded race support. My critique was that the latest version of FU had a bunch of untidy file doubles that tried to overwrite each other, which is messy and potentially problematic. I can handle it well enough, but I was concerned that a user might overwrite something important if it's not cleaned up first. It's your call, though.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

....uh yes it is. If you install the mod properly by removing the last copy then this solves your folder/file issue. That's all I was saying.

I know how computers work. Thanks for being condescending though. I'll assume that wasn't the intent.

Boshed and Arti78 like this.
  8. Mooncalf99

I always remove the old copy before installing the new. And given that that you have the good sense [not sarcasm] to version-stamp each update, I'd actually have to intentionally rename folders so I could kludge together old and new files and mess up that way. Also, I like to keep old versions in case I need to do a rollback, so it's easier to just move the whole folder into storage.

Anyway, I downloaded the Master package just now, and it unzips fine. So no woes.

(Also, I'm prone to snark sometimes, but believe me, your computer savvy is not in question and never as. This is a great mod and you deserve full respect.)

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I assumed as much. No worries. Was the first message I saw at 7am this morn so yea :)

10. AuroraSnowfall

AuroraSnowfall Subatomic Cosmonaut

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

why not do a pull request on git?

also, perhaps be a little less of a douche with how you ask for a fix. Especially something so minor.

12. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible to add some bonsai fruit trees (aka grown as seeds instead of trees) for the starbooze fruits? Having to go George Washington on the trees every time you want an apple or pear always struck me as somewhat odd. An Alien fruit tree would be nice too.

13. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I not sure what went wrong (or totally right depending on how you look at it), but traveling between planets costs me a negative amount of fuel! The further out I go out the more fuel I get in return. lol

14. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

A couple of things concerning two items:

1. Is it FU that adds the gyrostabilizer tool?
    2. If FU is the mod that adds it, it might not be much of an issue, but it lags in its position in the player's hands as they follow your cursor's position.
    3. The crystal flashlight suffers the same issue, and is much more prominent in that the light it provides also lags.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes. Sometimes their position gets wonky, though its minor enough that its effectively not worth looking at right now :) the vanilla flashlights do the same thing if you hold the mouse position right near them.

16. Natural Aura

I've been seeking out Gorgolith for some time now and I can't seem to find him anywhere, he is the last one I have to hunt. I've explored about 25+ protoworlds, some more then once. owo
    My questions are: Will Gorgolith spawn on any protoworld just at a really low percent chance, or does he have a chance to spawn in with the monster pool upon world gen?
    Also, does he require a certain amount of flat land to spawn in at all?:nuruconfused:

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

he spawns rare chance on surface, and apart from that appears only in two possible microdungeons on that planet type.

he's quite rare, much like Megaachnid tends to be.

18. Natural Aura

Oh, cool thanks. That Megaarachnid took me forever to find, especially since I was seeking out shadow/lightless planets for quite some time lol (found it on a primeval planet in the end).
    I've seen quite some microdungeons up till now, though is does certainly give me insurance that there is a microdungeon out there I may find Gorgilith in. Thanks. :)

19. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Any chance of more floran weapons other than the needler?

There are a few one might expect to be floran weapons, like the vine whip, and the druid and nature's wrath staves, but they don't have the tags under their names or seem to be classified as such.

Wouldn't mind some more other race specific weapons in FU that perhaps become more effective while wielded by their artificers. Perhaps a sonar gun that's more damaging under water for the hylotl, or a mobile arbalast(basically hand held siege weaponry) for the glitch, even making the kluex staff more effective in the hands of avians would be just dandy.

Natural Aura likes this.
  20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not bad ideas for most. The avians already have more effect from staves. That's their racial ability :)

I should add more such tags though, yes.