1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. locketeerian

locketeerian Aquatic Astronaut

Typo on the SAIL-item: Have no more _THAN_ one. "than" is for comparison, while "then" indicates time.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

What? You need to be a lot more specific than that. What SAIL item, what race, etc etc

3. Lesiu94

Lesiu94 Void-Bound Voyager

command dont work :/ i try to use only FU mod without other mods but still doesnt work.wierd...

4. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think he means the description of fu_byostechstation.

5. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've noticed that as well. There is only one place where I've gotten raw ribs, and that was the Frozen Wastes mission. They rotted before I could complete it. Maybe make it so Dinosaurs have a chance of dropping them. You would still need to go to a Primeval planet to find them, though.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

https://starbounder.org/Raw_Ribs

I haven't reduced the chances directly. As you can see by the link above.

However, they only drop from two mob types, total, and all loot pools for hunting have additional items in them. This applies to *any* mods that adjust hunting loot. With each addition to that pool, you further dilute the chances for other loot.

In any case, it does still drop and I haven't removed it. Take care.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Quick question - does anyone know what, exactly, is the advantage of the Scented Apiaries? They don't produce free-flying bees, which means no queens (at first I thought they'd generate the queens inside the apiary, but that doesn't appear to be the case), which strikes me as a big disadvantage. So in what way do they make up for it that would provide a reason to use them at all? I'm not trying to be clever or snippy or anything, I just don't see what good they are.

9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

You know, I think most the problems I’ve had with modding are from FU. You should really look into making a Frackin’ Universe Lite Edition. Basically, it adds in just the most important parts of FU, and takes away all the smaller aspects. IDK, this sounds good to me, but then again, I’m just a kid.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No, I shouldn't. I have no desire to spent 8 months tearing things apart that I have spent five years creating to inter-link , for no benefit.

Also, FU doesn't really cause "mod related problems" if you read the directions and in-game notes which clearly describe things. Roughly 95% of "bug reports" are user-error at this point. FU is quite stable.

I've wondered the same, and can only come to one final stance on that: To prevent Queen Spam flying around with mass farms. Beyond that, seems a complete and utter waste.

Arti78 and Waffle-Chan like this.
  11. freddy72nz

freddy72nz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here is my solution to bee spam, it involves bug harvester turrets, mk3 grabbers, and the item distribution network.

BeeSpam.png

Have a good one,
    Freddy

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. Rysith

Rysith Void-Bound Voyager

So I've only just gotten in to Frackin' Universe, and I'm at what seems like the mid-ish point (Starting to explore irradiated planets, access to advanced alloy and some tritanium). I was looking at switching from my fission furnace to a blast furnace, and upgrade from an iron centrifuge, and the power requirements seem... a little bit steep to me? I don't see anything else in the thread about those so maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm trying to set up a fission reactor (which, with plutonium rods in all of the slots seems to produce 40u of power?) and that seems rather underwhelming compared to a blast furnace's 22u or an industrial centrifuge's 16u, especially given how fast it seems to eat plutonium rods - I was having trouble getting an accurate power reading because I kept having to refill the fuel slots.

I see that there was a change back in September to make higher-tier equipment use more power (in 5.4.772), but I just feel like I can't actually power anything. I had thought to put a bunch of batteries between the reactor and the consumers to boost my effective power output, but it looks like the reactor charges batteries in series rather than in parallel, so I'm not sure how well that will end up working.

So am I just missing something about how mid-tier power generation works? Was there a missed upgrade to the larger power generators to match with the increases in power requirements? Am I just not thinking big enough, and I should be running multiple fission reactors and strip-mining irradiated planets to feed my furnaces? Is the answer actually to hook my battery array up to the long-ago-unlocked wind turbines until I get to higher-tier options than the fission reactor (is the quantum reactor any better?)

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Sounds like you simply haven't found a better fuel, or aren't using fission properly. Plutonium is okay. There are much, much better fuels. Try using Neptunium, Thorium, Solarium, Tritium and other isotopes. You can get upwards of 100+ power that way. As for power use: yes, power use increases a lot. There is a damned good reason for that, though. The machines are *worth* the cost (Especially given if you are able to use the Item Transference Devices in conjunction with Storage Bridges to really automate their processes). The Blast Furnace alone will make your life much easier in ways you aren't even aware of yet :)

15. dungeonguy88

dungeonguy88 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Try going to an Ocean planet and centrifuging massive quantities of water. Pretty sure there's a way to largely automate the process, though it's been a while. Anyway, you can take the Deuterium it creates and slap it back in to generate Tritium. That can give you a stable supply of isotopes for fuel. And you can also use centrifuging to enrich other isotopes for better results.

Try going to an Irradiated planet, and just collecting as much Irradiated Soil and Rock and so forth, then tossing it into extractors. That should generate a lot of Uranium. Centrifuge that or perhaps toss it into the Arc Smelter for the chance at other stuff, during the process of refining the ore.

16. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

An Item Transfer device can move water from a pump(the one that draws from oceans) into slot 1 on a gas centrifuge. If you really want to go hardcore on gas-centrifuging deuterium you can set a capacity sensor on a smaller chest thats set to activate an ITD only when the smaller chest is full of deuterium, and have the ITD that transfers that deuterium into another gas centrifuge. Or even have the capacity sensor disable the water transfering ITD so the single gas centrifuge could be configured to automatically process deuterium instead(use a signal inverter to disable the water pump ITD).

You can also "Upgrade" deuterium into uranium with lead at a chemistry station.

Generally though, bees are a good way of fueling a fission reactor. Although to get good results out of bees you need quite a few apiaries and you'll want ITD's moving radioactive/plutonium honeycomes directly into extractors. Otherwise you can spend a long time processing fuels.

Enriched fuels last significantly longer but IMO, regular plutonium tends to be on-par with enriched amounts, due to the fact that you get so few enriched plutonium that often even with the significantly increased lifespan of enriched plutonium you just often don't get quite enough, especially if your unlucky.

On the other hand regular plutonium has in a way a high "recycle" rate, as tritium in fission reactors has a 9u power output and a 50/50. So if you don't have bees you 'could' use tritium to get more power out of the reactor.

But Solarium stars gas centrifuged into ultronium is extremely effective, as ultronium is not only more powerful but also has the same long lifespan as enriched plutonium.

Edit: Another thing you may want to do, I'll share a video, forgive the amateur work but effectively it shows how you can use ITD's to turn reactors on/off only when your using a gas centrifuge/blast furnace/arc smelter. It saves immensely on fuel use.

Effectively, an ITD can insert or remove the fuel rods with perfect even distribution. If you use capacity sensors you can set a reactor to turn off automatically whenever your not using devices that demand such high power. I will say however that a quantum reactor is easier to activate/disable on that kind of system.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  17. Rysith

Rysith Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to pop back in to say thanks for the advice, everyone! The Plutonium -> tritium -> more tritium cycle does seem to have significantly cut down on my fuel needs (and the batteries mean that I don't need to manage the power cycle too closely - just throw some more rods in when the batteries start to get low), and the batteries seem to be holding up fine since I'm not actually running my arc furnace and centrifuge constantly. I'll try setting up an ocean mining facility and/or bees

And Sayter - I'm now in agreement with you. The blast furnace and lab centrifuge are totally worth it. Looking forward to the arc smelter and gas centrifuge when I get around to building them.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the Arc and Gas will literally change your entire process.

also, get atmospheric condensers. you want them.

19. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

When you get a gas centrifuge, also try putting toxic waste in it. You'll get more tritium that way :). And if your swimming in plutonium rods, go ahead and put them in to, you'll thank me :). A lab directory can help discover other fun gas centrifuge tricks to :).

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time