1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

uuummm in game more said that an alien race uplifted the avians and muked with kluex's generics as he was an real avian king that was well beloved.

2. Tarnhill

Tarnhill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From personal experience, I can tell you that's an object from Hunting+ Wildfire, not Frackin Universe.

3. Smoky007

Smoky007 Space Hobo

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

whew, glad we got that sorted out!

5. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I waited for over an hour, and then left and came back a few times in case that triggered something. Several vanilla farm animals managed to hatch and grow up in the mean time. Either something's buggy or their growing-up timer is ridiculously long compared to the others.

Also again, picking them up with a Relocator and putting them down caused them to grow up instantly, but turned the Ironbeak into a Copperbeak.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, ill take a look. i have a feeling i forgot to set their growth to the correct adult version

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

bug report

hello. i hope im not wrong here.. i have a bug to post. ell first of all, i have installed frackin universe and frackin races.
    my ingame race is Novakid. and i have 20% ice resistance (basic stat for my race).
    when i crafted the "fang shaman" armor set, i noticed something.
    well first of all: each fang shaman part (helmet, armor, legplates) give snow immunity, +12% ice resistance and 10-20% crit damage (dagger).
    but well.. when i looked up with my personal tricoder, i only had 32% ice resistance. i put down all my armor and put it on one by one again.
    each armor part was giving me 4% ice resitance. so 20% + 3x4% = 32% ice restiance.
    but in the description it says +12%. even if its 12% of 20%, it should be 2,4% more, but i get 4% if i wear one fang shaman part.
    (this bug exists since i downloaded rackin universer + frackin races the first time. it was about... 1 or 2 weeks ago)

so.. is the description wrong? or is there a special way to calculate it?

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

looking at it wrong i think as it's a set bonus.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

each set piece adds +4%. Thats +12% total. (4 + 4 + 4).

Nova 20% + 12% = 32%

working as intended.

the rest of the set bonuses only apply if wearing all 3 pieces, as every set bonus does.

12. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I recently found that Prism Shards, which are used in the making of the Valkryie armor, are more commonly found on Irradiated planets than on either Crystalline or Frozen planets. I had been searching several Crystalline planets and a Frozen one and not even found one shard on any of them. Then I decided to try another Irradiated planet, and found 8 shards, just enough to make the armor set. And I seem to recall finding the rest of the shards I needed on an Irradiated planet.

You need at least a Radiation Shield II Augment for this planet type, and when in contact with Radioactive Soil (which replaces dirt), you lose 15% of your maximum health. The radiation also appears to be lethal to vanilla NPCs and monsters. They gradually take damage from it and soon die. While this makes dealing with hostiles easier, it also makes it more difficult trading with merchants or doing side quests - any NPC that might give you such a quest would die before you had a chance to complete it.

13. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I cannot for the life of me understand how the hell Storage Bridges are supposed to work. I managed to get the Terminal hooked up to some Wall Storages for some vastly increased storing cpaacity on my ship, but I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out how I can rig up a simple small container so that whatever I put into it dumps into those Wall Storages and shows up on the Terminal. It is REALLY burning me the hell up, because Ive been up for about three hours trying to figure things out.

I swear Im stupid. I swear sticking my head in those electrical sockets has left me with brain damage. Can I get a little help on setting this up? Ive tried Item Tranference Devices, Storage Bridges, Hooking it up to a switch every which way you can imagine. I just CANT get this damn container to work! D:<

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'm not sure what your point is here abotu Shards. You can get prisilite in like, 15 biomes. the nav overlay tells you when a planet has it.

The soil thing, well, that's a thing but nothing major really. Radiation burn is killing them, but the tiles aren't changing. Nor can I give the NPCs a blanket immunity without potentially affecting combat too. A valid point though thanks.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that should explain it.

if not:

https://imgur.com/a/B1vil

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

upload_2018-2-7_15-44-31.png
    upload_2018-2-7_15-44-47.png

This is the most bare-bones setup you'd need for transferring items. Two bridges, one ITD. Items will be moved from the right container to the left. (Shown with and without wires)

You can further use the ITD interface to filter transfers so only certain slots are taken from/put into, as well as limit it to certain items or item types.

The ITD is always necessary. Switches, not so much.

17. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

... Aha, THATS what Ive been doing wrong! Thank you. ^^ I always shave a bit of a blind spot when it comes to telling whether blue is input putting into the output, or the thing thats being inputted into. I chalk it up to the autism. Thank you much ^^

18. Qtw

Qtw Phantasmal Quasar

EDIT!
    i made a mistake and assumed something i should not have.
    i'll leave my post up as to not try to cover up an idiotic thing i did and learn from it.
    my mistake was to not ask about the problem first and make an assumption.

i apologize for it and will learn from my mistake.
    please read my full post and learn from my mistake so you dont make it as well.
    and remember that the post here was me being an idiot.

edit over.

first im not good at phrasing things...last time i had an issue(which was a small one)
    i phrased it poorly. i apologize for that.

now onto my post.

i just read the patch notes for the latest (i think) update.

making another mod not work with your mod intentionally is not cool dude.
    it does not matter if the the mod does something you dont approve of.
    if someone wants to obtain an item in game they cant get legit on a single player experience...
    its none of your business.

if someone makes a patch for your mod (as long as they dont include the assets of your mod)
    you can complain about it,that i have no problem with...but you cannot make the patch not work.

that is forcing players to play your way. which goes against the whole reason people mod.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  19. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure which version of the mod you read the patchnotes for, but I'm curious, which mod was made incompatible, and why do you say it was intentional? Besides, if it was a patch you made, can you not update it so it works one the newest version of FU?

And here's a thought. There is no way anyone could force someone else to play any way they don't want to. At least not short of holding a gun at them and telling them how to play. This is for two reasons: you can simply not get the mod, or you can patch out the things you don't like about it, which I'm thinking is what you tried.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and if you notice its not ON the changes on the actual github because it never got put live and I forgot to remove the note. Calm your tits. I just spent 3 goddamned hours arguing on steam about this same nonsense. Author of mod and I spoke, he changed it on his end instead since it was generating bug reports in my forum.

I've had a crap week, dealing with my dad almost dying and am in no goddamned mood to defend myself for a knee-jerk decision I already undid that never actually affected any users.

Maybe rather than speak up about things you aren't aware of and judging you should ask about it first.

Just once I would love to be able to make an error without someone trying to publicly drag me through the dirt.