1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. yy376

yy376 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Isn't 30 blocks per generator a bit small? Considering the size of some Custom Ships, it'd look a bit weird to have generators all over the place. Maybe if they used a mechanic similar to the Field Generator mod?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The Orbis and Ironbeak eggs aren't hatching when placed in the incubator. They hatch fine when placed on the ground, though.

Edit: Also, the Ironbeak produces copper. Should the adult Ironbeak look just like the adult Copperbeak? It grew up when I moved it with a relocator, so it may have been replaced in the process.

Edit: Also, the Ironbeaks don't seem to be growing up on their own...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i forgot to add them to the incubator thanks

5. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Pangolins are apparently the only farm animal that thrives on not eating. When presented with a trough containing pears, raw meat, and diodias, the pangolin exploded. When presenting a replacement pangolin with pears, it exploded. Meanwhile, the pangolin whose pen is clear of any dangerous foodstuff is happy and thriving, and produces plates and fertilizer at regular intervals.

Meanwhile, the other animals were happily living in their pen, with a trough full of pears, diodias and meat, and did not explode even once.

Conclusion: Something's buggy about pangolins. Although as is, they're the ideal pet. Very economic.

Arti78 likes this.
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

then perhaps you should attach a log of said explosions. Can't do without.

edit: i see the issue

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason the start quest that should prompt you to find the welcome beacon points towards the cave entrance. It just started happening in 5.6.15 and it still happens in 5.6.16.

Also, you can activate the gateway and teleport to the outpost without having the tricorder even though it says you can't.

11. danuguy

danuguy Void-Bound Voyager

Two reports! Including one a log may be useful for. 1) Two different quests in the Tutorial or Science sections award the Star Master Helm blueprint. Oh, and the Fission reactor quest in the Science section talks about giving you a tech, but you actually get a contract. 2) I just completed the quest for creating a Gene Sequencer, but I've never actually made one (still "New" in the crafting list).

I'm three or four FU versions behind at this point, but that might not matter, so here you go.

Attached Files:

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

shoudln't be able to teleport without the tricorder but thats not a big deal. You could have a conflicting mod installed.

If you bothered to *actually read the game text* you would have noticed that the starting quest changed, and thats why the arrows are different. You not following clear text prompts is not a "bug report", dude. Again, assuming you don't have a conflict installed.

additionally, you have no reason to NOT know about the changes, since an obligatory update-notes popup happens whenever you log in that you cant even close for 5 seconds. Those list all recent changes, including the change to the start quest. Please read that before reporting things.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks, but this is largely useless without the text-names of the quests! I'll have to manually find them now. wee!

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

I *actually bothered to read it* and I always read the update notes, dude. I already know the starter quest changed, but I'm telling you the arrow is not pointing in the right direction.

Here, have a screenshot where I'm running the latest update (5.6.17) and the problem still exists. Notice the "welcome beacon" should make the compass arrow to point to Vinalisj's lab, NOT the cave entrance.
    https://i.imgur.com/fdfZnp3.png
    And the same happens when it tells you to collect the tricorder.
    https://i.imgur.com/d4irUVu.png
    HOWEVER, if you beam up to your ship and back down, then the arrow points to the right objective.
    https://i.imgur.com/VinB2fy.png

I wasn't sure if I had a conflicting mod, so I went through the trouble of running it with nothing but Frackin' Universe, and that's where those screenshots come from.

Is that good enough of a bug report now?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, im aware of that initial arrow still being somewhat problematic. however, newly getting the quest , it should no longer occur that way. At least, not in the 11 or so tests in a row that I ran. I am still getting the occasional issue with the initial arrow, but I view that as less of an issue since you're told to explore and find Vinj either way, which rectifies the issue of its own accord.

Thanks. Will still keep an eye out.

I apologize for being snarky initially.... I have had more than 60 reports about this during the week. Roughly 90% of them didn't bother to read anything. It becomes difficult to distinguish between the two types of report.

17. DarkwingMouse

DarkwingMouse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BYOS question. I moved the location of my teleporter inside the ship and even though I removed every block around the area of the old "beam in" spot, and even covered it with blocks back and front, I still teleport into the old spot. I have no idea what I did to be able to teleport to the second location in the first place (so I'm working on teleporter in spot #3 in this playthrough, pretty much) but I forgot how, obviously. I've tried beaming out from the new teleporter multiple times, to every one of my teleport-bookmarks. Still beam back in to the old spot. Pulling my hair out over this x_x;

18. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

when you moved the location of the ship teleporter did you move the one that originally came with the ship (should be named something like "Spawn Teleporter (race)" instead of "Teleporter (race)")? If you didn't that is the issue (ship worlds are like normal worlds and have a spawn point and the "Spawn Teleporter" sets the spawn point to it's location (didn't do it for all teleporters since then you might have issues with them interfering with each other))

DarkwingMouse likes this.
  19. jonpfl

jonpfl Void-Bound Voyager

All,

I just created a wooden centifuge but have no idea how to operate it. I put some blocks in it but don’t know what do from that point.

I put honeycomb blocks in it assuming it would spin out honey.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx
    jonpfl

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There are tutorial quests specifically for this purpose. Complete them via your tricorder, as the intro quests told you to do.

jonpfl likes this.