1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do farm animals starve to death if they don't eat from a trough? Because my fluffalo is going through cattle feed at the unsustainable rate of one per few seconds and there's no way I can farm enough corn to keep it alive if it can't just survive by grazing.

3. magicianlyz

magicianlyz Space Spelunker

Hello, It is my first time to play Starbound and install this mod.
    I meet a issue that the ancient gate is missing in the mission "getting started".
    I have deleted other mods and created a new role to test it and I find that it is the mod's problem.
    Could you please fix it or tell me how to skip this step?
    My game version is 1.3.3 and the mod version is 5.5.99.
    I found that the position of the mod guide is close to the ancient gate. Whether he occupies the position of ancient when the map is forming?

4. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Read the updates. The gate is in the poptop dungeon now.

5. Mooncalf99

Pangolins and farm poptops have their "damageTeamType" variable set to "passive". This causes them to be targeted by some friendlies. Could you please change it to "friendly" so my farm doesn't get shot up by my allies?

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. endertrot

endertrot Cosmic Narwhal

So, I mentioned it earlier, but no one said anything about it, so, I'll say it again in hopes that someone else is able to fix this, but the wiring control for item transfer devices, spouts, and possibly more that I haven't tested yet are completely non-functional. The spout still pours no matter what signal it receives, and the ITD still transfers stuff. Hopefully this can get a hot fix, because i really wanted to build a automated system with the spout, but without wiring control, I have no idea how to build it.

8. danuguy

danuguy Void-Bound Voyager

I found a behavior peculiarity that I thought I might as well report!

Gas giants feature huge creepy green blob-like things that slowly float towards you and occasionally unleash a huge projectile attack, right? When they're fairly close and have spotted me, I shoot them twice with the mech's flak gun and they go transparent and intangible for a short time in order to sneak closer to me.

However, since I play at 2x zoom level, I can target enemies from pretty far away, and they don't all react well to that. In the blobs' case, when I shoot them twice from too far away, they start going transparent as usual but then they just die and drop their sweet liquid metallic hydrogen. fffffffreebie :nuruflirt: Especially considering their normally huge health pool/resistances.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i noticed that some of the space stations you encounter have mech crafting benches. would it be possible to give these stations (like the floran ixoling grounds) more significance by giving these mech chrafting benches special components that you can only craft there?

also, this is really weird but some of the friendly ships i encountered with this patch dont seem to have an atmosphere.

11. MaxShadow09

MaxShadow09 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do anyone knows what mod could be conflicting with this? I'm having problems with the first quest. When I collect 20 core fragments, the mission compass points to the guy who gives the tricoder. I've found the cave, killed the boss and activated the gateway, but the quest won't advance. I tried dropping the fragments and picking them up again, but nothing happens. I can go to the outpost, but the quest is stuck at "use the fragments to open the gate". Any ideas? These are my currently installed mods:

Blood Mod
    Classical Weaponry
    ClassicMiniBosses
    ClassicMonsterSkiIIs
    ClassicMonsterSounds
    ClassicSmeIting
    FrackinUniverse
    Gardenbot2
    HostileUniverse
    Hylian Weapons of Legends
    Immersive Scenery
    Immersive Scenery FrackinUniverse
    mod xsmech
    MotherPoptopsRevenge
    Paint Gun Mod
    Pandoras- Box
    Pixel Goods Store
    Q_MM_Songpack
    QuarrelsomeCreatures
    Tabula Rasa
    Techs20
    Weapon Fusion Station
    WildFarmAnimaIs
    WulfsAtmosphericCritters
    WulfsCustomCreatures
    WulfsMoonMonsters
    BetterCraftedBlocks
    BetterCraftedBlocksFUAddon
    EnhancedStorage
    Extended Story
    GPR Mapper
    greebles
    Immersive Weapons
    ImprovedFoodDescriptions
    Item Broadcaster
    Item Frame
    macrochip
    ManufacturersTouch
    Prop Pack
    SmartTubes
    Starbound- RPG- Growth
    Tanz Light Overhaul
    Undertale Music Pack
    Whobound

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

A mech bench is a mech bench is a mech bench no matter where it is, it will always function like a mech bench. To make it act any differently, it would have to be a whole 'nuther object entirely.

13. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm pretty sure you can make it have different recipes by changing it's parameters in tiled (though that mightn't work for the mech bench since it's recipe filter is defined in the interface config instead of the object (i think))

14. Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

well. ok. so basically instead of spawning a "mech_bench" on a floran space station, youd spawn a "mech_bench_floran" which is an exact copy of the vanilla mech bench object with the difference of its available recipes and a slight name change. would this really be complicated to do?

the most difficult part of such an addition would probably be to come up with new and interesting mech parts to make available in those special benches.

i could also see this be a nice addition to certain other space stations, like weapon platforms (special mech weapons available etc.).

15. Mooncalf99

What, exactly, is the point of having a five-second denial of being able to close the update window?

I'm saying this because, as I mentioned before, oftentimes enemies spawn near or even on top of your location when you load the game. Having the update window suddenly show up and block your vision right as you get attacked meant you had to scramble to get it out of the way before dying. Only now you can't even do that because it explicitly cannot be removed for five murderous seconds.

This is not beneficial in the least. Especially since you can reopen the updates from the quickmenu if you think you missed something, anyway.

16. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

the five second denial is due to people not reading the update notes and then reporting things that have changed as bugs (i think)

17. Mooncalf99

I strongly doubt that will help. It's my experience that people who as a rule don't bother to read instructions or notices don't magically start doing so if you shove it in their faces. If anything, it just makes them resist even more out of stubbornness.

Boshed likes this.
  18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well the idea is that we have all the more justification for calling them idiots when they do stupid crap like reporting stuff that aren't bugs, etc.

If the thing pops up in your face and you are FORCED to look at it for 5 seconds, you can't freaking tell us that YOU DIDN'T KNOW. Sorry, you can't say that. It was right there. You made a CHOICE not to read it while you were waiting.

Therefore, you make a choice to be called an idiot if you end up reporting a "bug" that's not actually a bug.

And unlike retail, FU users are not customers since FU is free. Therefore, we can call you (anybody who does this crap, I mean) an idiot and not have to worry about "OH NO THE CUSTOMER MIGHT LEAVE!"

Well, go ahead. Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Arti78 likes this.
  19. Mooncalf99

I think you grossly overestimate the sensibility and reason of idiots. If they have an unremovable message that looks long and difficult, the fact that they have to wait five seconds is not going to prompt them to carefully read and understand the content. They'll spend five seconds repeatedly trying to click away the message until it works, then play on. And then post bug reports about how [thing] doesn't work anymore or [other thing] changed or whatever, because of course they do.

In short, I get the idea, I just really don't think it'll work due to user mentality. And in the meantime I get killed by suddenly spawning crustoises because there's a big window blocking my view. Well, at least it can be moved aside, so that's something.

Boshed likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Again, it's not about it actually working.

It's about embarrassing them by making them look like the idiots they are when they come whining here or on Discord about crap that was right in front of them that they CHOSE not to read.

Maybe after being embarrassed a couple times, they might go "uh, hey maybe I SHOULD be reading this so I don't look like such an idiot" and that might prompt them to yes, go read it next time.

I mean, we had a couple serial "TL;DR" people plaguing this thread for awhile, but after telling these people "READ THE NOTES AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS DURRRRRRRRR" they eventually learned and they don't plague the thread these days as much, or not at all.