1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Sayter, first off, thanks for the constant updates. But, I've noticed a small problem with chickens.

First off, I had all the trouble in the world finding the chicken feeder, which seemingly wasn't available in the foraging/agricultural station and was instead at the workbench, in the storage category. Is it an oversight?
    Second, I haven't been able to find much information on how farm animals work now. I suppose sticking cattle feed in the chicken feeder should work for my chicken, since it's made of corn and chickens love that?

Regardless, after losing a couple of chickens yesterday to what I assume to be starvation, I put a chicken in a small enclosure with a chicken feeder loaded with various types of food. The "omnivore" icon never seems to disappear, it's being emitted constantly. And after a few successful egg harvests, it started constantly clucking/singing and emitting a second particle, egg-shaped this time.

I've enclosed a picture:
    [​IMG]

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

okay. thanks.

4. feba200107

feba200107 Void-Bound Voyager

Dear Sayter and the rest of the Frackin Universe Team:

Earlier today my friend (Dynamo) and I had been playing on their modded server where both of us had built our own ships instead of using the default.

Dynamo noticed that their Small FTL drive appeared to be a few blocks to the side of where they had placed it, so then they had mined it with their matter manipulator. They placed it down again, and it caused them to crash. When Dynamo got back in their server, the Small FTL drive had somehow deleted itself.

He came to my ship, and sure enough mine appeared to be two blocks to the left of where it was placed. I broke the drive to see if mine was glitched as well, and sure enough when I placed it back I crashed.

Dynamo had supposedly found a fix to it; He went into single player and gave himself a Small FTL drive and placed it whilst in admin mode. When he hopped back onto the server, It was fixed.

After hearing this, I had gone into single player to do the same thing he did. They told me to spawn in the Erchius crystals (they didn't know that you can craft stuff without their materials in admin mode) required for it, and I made a small one. I placed it down, left, and hopped back into the server. The small FTL drive was sitting as an item on the floor. I picked it up, tried placing it again only to find it instantly mines itself when ever I place it. I left the server and went back into single player to place it, yet it continued to instantly break. I tried with the normal FTL drive but it would instantly mine itself as well. I hope that you can find a fix for this issue :catsparkle:

Mods include: Weapon Megapack by Kaamalauppias, Super Song pack by Lord Doritos, Not Another Starbound Song Pack by Trappy Tickles, Mr. Foxer's Headgear Pack by Raccoon King, Frackin' Universe, Frackin' Music, Extended Songbook by v6, CrazyFreak's Musical Collection by Crazy Freak, and Dark Souls Armor and Weapons

Also, here's the log: https://pastebin.com/xbuP9A9Q

5. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

could you post the server log? since i think i know what the FTL drive issue is and i need the server log to double check

6. feba200107

Here's the server log: https://pastebin.com/zu6uC120

I had to take out a bit of text in pastebin.com since the file exceeded it's size limit, so I took out the unrelated things other people had done hours prior.

7. Hubnester

is FU up to date on the server? since if not that could be the issue (the server log doesn't really have much useful information)

8. feba200107

Dynamo says that they'll figure out how to update it in the morning, so I'll be able to give more info then. Thanks for the help so far though :catnod:

9. Hubnester

it being out of date is likely the issue since FTL drives were changed a bit in the update (new animation and a new script (the new script is probs what is causing the crash and the new animation is probs what made the image be in the wrong position))

Boshed likes this.
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

lawl. In the future, please verify your version and the servers version before reporting bugs.

Boshed likes this.
  11. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I just wanted to mention a small thing with the Ice Axe: It's quite unreliable as a grappling hook since a lot of the time it breaks as soon as it hits a surface. I think this can be easily corrected by setting breakLength to 3, since having it be 2 (the same value as reelOutLength) seems to be the cause of the problem.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea. its a tough one to get "just right" because the ranges are tiny. thanks

13. Furdragon

Furdragon Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same FTL drive issue feba200107 had a few posts prior, I already figured out it was a client/server version mis-match, so I thought I'd fix things in single player and wait for the server to get updated. Nope, even in single player, the ship is stuck in a 'catch-22' state, I can't place an FTL drive down (it drops to the floor instantly as if there was already an FTL drive).. and I can't navigate the ship anywhere because it says I don't have an FTL drive. Is there a way for me to reset the state of the FTL drive on the ship?

14. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Bug report: If you speak to a quest giver at the Science Outpost while carrying the item they want in your inventory, they'll give you the reward as soon as you speak to them, BEFORE you've accepted the quest. If you pick Decline and speak to them again, it's possible to get an any number of rewards.

15. Hubnester

using "/entityeval world.setProperty("fu_byos.group.ftlDrive", 0)" while your cursor is over an object in your ship world might be able to reset it thinking that you have already got an FTL Drive

16. Furdragon

Furdragon Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, that worked for me. :)

17. Mooncalf99

Pangolin eggs cannot be bought from Terra-Mart, despite claims. They can be bought from random merchants, though.

18. Mooncalf99

My mooshi started mooing constantly while rapidly projecting floating eggs. If this is part of the "farm animals produce eggs" mechanic, something's buggy.

Edit: Logs say nothing unusual.

Edit edit: Might as well include log anyway: https://pastebin.com/WWCCx908

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  19. Dominion V

Dominion V Void-Bound Voyager

If you pick the default ship option, a SAIL gets added to your inventory. I tested this with a Glitch and a Human, and it happens with both of them.

20. Hubnester

that's because some modded races lose thier SAIL when they are upgraded to Tier 1 (Avali is the only currently known race atm) and this would cause the character to be unplayable since you need to talk to SAIL to be able to beam down, so you get given a SAIL Interface when you pick the default ship so that this issue won't be an issue