1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

is it somehow possible to increase the level cap on the weapon upgrade anvil? (at the end of ancient gateway dungeons).

with frackin universe, it seems like planets go up to lvl 10 and you can find weapons in chests up to lvl 9.9

the highest level weapons you can craft with the mod seem to be lvl 8.

yet you cant upgrade your weapons at the anvil past lvl 6 it seems. i find it a bit lackluster to not even get to aetherium broadsword quality with that endgame mechanic. found a really great poison rifle with energy spray as secondary ability and would love to do a few gateway runs and upgrade it to lvl 8 or 10 if it was possible.

its also green quality, so if there was some way to upgrade it from green to blue, that would be amazing aswell.

maybe you could add a crafting station that allows us to upgrade the quality of any mundane weapon up to blue quality for resources?

2. ZippoMoon

ZippoMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a problem, I'm trying to use FU for the first time with 5.5.2 but for some reason with it installed, as soon as the fish stops giggling SB CTD's, anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: NM my mod organizer was putting everything in the wrong place, fixed it now.

3. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Okay, criticism time: I'm deeply dissatisfied with the Sprouting Table. It is tremendously useless at its intended purpose, and buggy besides. How? For one, it takes almost FIVE MINUTES to sprout ONE wheat... and if you walk away too far from it, it stops working and the wheat being processed vanishes into the digital void. The net result being that if you want malt, you have to idle and just stand there for ages.

That, added with the fact that booze-making requires an awfully long chain of processing and that the end-product has no practical use other than selling (and there are far easier ways to make money far quicker) makes the booze-making content by far the weakest part of FU. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that it occupies the Tricorder quest log, I wouldn't even bother - the quests don't give you anything particularly useful anyway.

4. Milo1Ostoic

Milo1Ostoic Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, soo, I tried to download this mod via steam and everytime I open my starbound game, it crashes.
    Here goes the log file (I think): https://pastebin.com/9kehmPBi
    EDIT: Okay, so I installed the GitHub version in my mods folder and it works well, I guess that the steam version is corrupted or something like that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Use a watcher

7. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I'm sorry, what?

8. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Imagine a gigantic mech triggly puff whose mass is so great that it breaks through the cores of planets by simply walking and has a special ability to wave it's arms around to create gravitational disturbances with enough power to pull black holes apart.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sorry, SRW Mechs. Typo.

10. danuguy

danuguy Void-Bound Voyager

Are any upcoming changes planned to require a new character to take advantage of them, like BYOS?

Or is this a "can't tell until it's done" deal?

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Most likely the latter.

AFAIK, there's nothing in the immediate foreseeable future that requires a new character, but yet there's no promises that there won't ever be. That, and we don't know if CF might add something that would require a new character to fully take advantage of, or, they might give us something that we can make something new and awesome that might require a new character.

Either way, I've always found that starting a new character isn't the end of the world, in fact, I tend to get bored of a character after awhile and need to just start another. That and there's always new races to explore whenever interesting ones are made.

12. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yep, different races make for all sorts of interesting playing. Especially with BYOS, Each character can have their own designed ship.

13. danuguy

danuguy Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I expected either a definite "the upcoming Research upgrade tree thing breaks characters" or "we can't know."

Thanks for the encouraging words; you're both right about the fresh excitement of starting over and strange and wonderful things on the horizon.

Having nothing to add to the thread, I was going to thank you in private, but it turns out that the coincidence of my new character, thusly named, starting on THIS system is just too amazing not to share with the world :catsparkle:

[​IMG]

14. Psycho Maniatic

Psycho Maniatic Space Hobo

Hey hi! I recently installed the frackin universe and I enjoyed it so far. I played like 20 hours the vanilla game, but found out this mod was more like the game I was expecting when I purchased Starbound. That have been said I been having a little problem with copperbeaks. In the first planet I fount a merchant that sells the copperbeak eggs, so as it was something new I was curious to try it (easy way to get copper). So I put the egg inside a little fence with little doors like the ones I've been building and using for my kitchens, mooshis and fluffalos. Then a few minutes later it hatched and a little copperbeak appeared. So I decided to go and explore other planet, but when I came back the copperbeak was gone... I thought it escaped flying, got killed or something like that, so I purchased another one and this time I build a little cage with wooden fence (walls, door and a roof. Then it hatched again, but this time I saved and exit the game. When I started it again, the copperbeak was gone again... so at this time i'm thinking that it is a bug or maybe i'm missing something?

If it is a bug, is there a solution?
    If it is not, what am i missing?

Sorry for the long explanation, i just wanted to make it very clear.

And thanks for the help!

Here is the link to pastebin with the log:
    https://pastebin.com/izeB00dK

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think copperbeaks are part of FU, I only noticed them when I installed the draconis race mod and am not sure atm as I'm not at my gaming machine. What I do know is that copperbeaks have never worked for me. Easier to raid low level planets for copper than to wait eternity for it to grow(yes, I waited 6+ hours by submerging in organic fluid and hanging with the folks while leaving the game unpaused. It never grew up, stil a chick when I came back).

17. Mooncalf99

Try hatching it with the Incubator instead, see if that makes it work.

The issue, as far as I understand it, is that the animal isn't considered "persistent", i.e. coded to remain if you leave and return. Random monster spawns aren't persistent, for instance, but coded ones (such as the monsters in the mine) are. It may be that non-incubator-hatched copperbeaks don't hatch as persistent animals.

If you pick up a farm animal or critter with a relocator, it becomes persistent. There are some FU biomes where mooshi, chickens and fluffalo spawn all the time, and if you nab them with a relocator you can add them to your own farm, but otherwise they vanish when you leave the area.

(Copperbeaks are definitely FU content, btw.)

Psycho Maniatic likes this.
  18. Psycho Maniatic

Thanks, I'll try that and will post the results!

19. Mooncalf99

Crafting the "Light Frame (25)" unlocks a recipe for a PGI. Which is to say, a recipe that doesn't exist.

Checking the code, it unlocks the "masscancel2", but it should be "mechmasscancel2". The same error exists in the other frames as well. Changed the code on my own and it works now.

20. Psycho Maniatic

Well, the relocator did the job. After the copperbeak hatched i used the relocator and when I let him out again, it was already in adult form and started giving me copper! Thanks for the solution! :)