1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Fang Shaman Armor + Savage Bear Armor.

The two sets combined take like 12-15 claws.

They are an excellent mid-tier cold armor, giving 35% cold resistance and ~60 defense IIRC. Those, plus a Heating EPP III and ice planets are not a problem for you whatsoever and this can all be done as soon as you get Durasteel.

You are also almost invincible to anything that uses cold attacks, like those ghosts, or even Isogen Worms.

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Okay, how do we make ammonium sulfate, now that mascagnite is removed?

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Magmarock extraction, and breaking objects on volcanic planets.

4. Narfkopp

Narfkopp Phantasmal Quasar

I'm no expert on the item system, but I believe you'd need one ITD per category, if you want them to be stored in selected containers. Like one ITD that moves blocks to container A, another ITD that moves food to container B etc. I mostly use this system to fuel generators, so I could be totally wrong.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

How compatible is the nubulites race mod with FU?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no idea. probably find so long as you have the FU BYOS addon

8. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I was mostly referring to the mod changing the universe generation and if that will mess with FU's content. As far as I know it only adds a few star types and planet types but I'm not too keen to mess up my universe to test that.

9. ComradePierre

ComradePierre Void-Bound Voyager

Hi sayter, I just built my best late game katana, the solarium katana. I liked that it was two-handed and that it had a parry ability. I was just wondering whether you would apply that same ability to early game katanas. It's just so cool, you know?

10. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

In case you don't know, katanas aren't actually for parrying and would go against the need for which they were made thus a normal katana would not work that great for a parry. However, parrying with a katana is frickin' badass.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

except that you are wrong :)

https://www.quora.com/Martial-Arts-How-do-you-parry-with-a-katana

parries are built right into kata as part of training. however, to parry with a katana takes *precision* due to the limited hilt and shape of the blade. It isnt like a fencing parry, mind you. but they can, and do, parry.

13. ComradePierre

ComradePierre Void-Bound Voyager

I think it would also fix the awkward positioning of the sword when inactive, I mean... If the katana is two handed. For example- if the katana is sheathed on the left, sword arm would most probably be the right.

14. Just a Mau

Just a Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So what exactly is it that creates research? I'm in the middle of a run w/ a friend and neither of us really know how to get it. Thusfar my friend has crafted and upgraded basically every station, and has 0. Meanwhile I've done next to nothing in that terms, but I have 5. I tried to find context in the update log, didn't see anything. I hope this question doesn't seem dumb or whatever, we just don't get it

15. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Man, what *doesn't* create Research? Try extracting stuff, like seeds and meat, or dirt. Build a Sifter and sift sand or bonemeal. You'll get lots of it.

16. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

research basically took over raw menerails and nutrient paste. also shifting sand/bonemeal/silt/gravel. quick question though how hard would it be to make it where you could hook up inventories to the fracken crafting tables and have the said crafting tables be able to look into the inventories as well as your players bag when crafting items?

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Check some of the atropus(sp?) worlds, some of the trees drop it. Extracting things definitely.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

^^
    This.

The Research system is FAR better than the old system. Research is loads more useful than Raw Minerals or Mineral Paste was, and it's so easy to craft stuff now, where you just need some research+other stuff and you can get this research however you like.

Me? I carry all the blocks I end up with while mining back to my extractors and it usually keeps my research fueled, so that when I do need some, I got it.

19. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

The answer to that would put us one step closer to solving the lack of recursive auto-crafting.

20. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

I think at the point autocrafting comes into play, people will really get bored with the game. Although I do miss being able to toss ores into the furnace and go do other stuff early on.