1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Rarely? I wouldn't complain if they were an occasional problem. It may be that I'm stupidly unlucky, but almost every planet I visit has a worm problem.

On a side note, 100ish extra subbiomes and 20ish new planet types. That is freaking impressive.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Protip: Eden planets make excellent places to build a base/laboratory for several reasons:

1). The Beam-Down Area is almost always an area where no hostile enemies spawn at all, except for some bandits. Once you kill the bandits, they will not respawn which leaves you with an enemy-free area. Just be careful of the ones sporting huge guns. They tend to hurt-a-plenty. You can use magic wands and the like to exploit their AI, though.
    2). The day cycles are longer, and the nights are not as dark which means solar panels work great on these worlds and bees will be more productive without the need for day frames.
    3). You can find other things like Corvex, Elithian Algae, and a few other advanced plants.
    4). Sometimes small FU labs will be generated and sometimes these will have free Solar Panels, Genetics Stations, and Cloning Facilities ripe for the taking.
    5). They have tame weather conditions, and do not require any special protections.

And, best of all,

6). I've never seen a Worm on an Eden, not even in the underground.

So, how to deal with the bandits early game on a Tier 4 planet? Beam your mech down and kill as many of them with your mech as you can.

EDIT: If you don't want to deal with an Eden... you can try a Tabula Rasa instead. Last I checked, Tabula Rasa planets do not spawn hostile enemies on the surface either, and they tend to be nice and flat, perfect for building even if they are entirely lacking in features whatsoever.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. ElazulSasayaki

ElazulSasayaki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have not been able to find it in the thread so far, but... How exactly does one make cobblestone using the unrefined stuff? It told me I unlocked it, but I can't find it in any crafting station, even the workbench.

5. razanon

razanon Void-Bound Voyager

i cant make Item transfer Working. every item transfers to another container that thing works, but i want to transfer only a type of item to a each transfer, i want a container with blocks, other with ores etc, how i can do it? i put in ITD different combinations but always do the same. thx in advance

6. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Weapons that don't stop with the first target they hit are great against worms. For instance, the beam of the Erchius Eye. Cuts through and damages each segment (and bonus because the worm will line up for you). Explosives are good too. Also, weapons that cause damage over time, such as radioactivity - lets you focus on dodging while they die on their own. Just make sure you have a lot of open space to move around in, and a solid back wall to catch the precious ores.

Also, if the d-worm catches you and you can't teleport to safety, equip daggers and stab ferociously - all segments are in range, so you might manage to kill them before it kills you.

With a little preparation, hunting worms can be pretty fun - and incredibly rewarding!

7. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I just go in there with my spears that can make barriers and paint an elemental line in their flight path. When they're bundled up I just stab them. That xythricite spear is brutal.

I was wondering if there be another biome for desert and savannah types? Basically it is either a savannah or sand based area that is completely flat from one point to another. They'll be the flat sands or plains and is common enough on our own planet to justify them being in game unless you don't want them to.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There are already both savannah and desert biomes, both of which can spawn on the other. Plus Red Desert, Badlands , Oasis and other subbiomes. I see no need for more.

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

ya i get most of my ores of densium pyroite or others from worm hunting.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

While I think the worms are a neat idea, I do agree that they can be annoying at times. They spawn rather often, whenever you're on a planet that does actually have them, and they tend to come out in pairs, or sometimes three at once and it seems that after you spend 5 minutes whittling one to death, and mine whatever ore(s) it dropped, then you bump into another one a couple minutes later, spend 5 minutes killing that one... etc. It does get old after awhile.

And then there's the whole ... I don't know what to call it... where you beam down to a planet, and you don't see any worm holes, no tunnels, etc but you suddenly see lots and lots of worms. Did these worms not exist before the player arrived on the planet? If they did, wouldn't they have made holes before we got there? I know I'm nitpicking a little here, but if there were that many worms, the whole planet would look like swiss cheese.

I think I'm trying to say that planets that have worms, the spawn rate should be reduced a bit. 1 worm occasionally here-and-there, IMO.

11. dr.infern

dr.infern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this mod breaks mech legs they look like they are hovering on air

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

no it doesn't. You have an incompatible mod installed or something along those lines.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Which would be great if I had that level of control. I don't. It loads a spawn table, based on a rarity. That spawn table then has its own rarity. I can say how many can spawn per attempt (and for worms that is *always* a single creature), but not if the roll succeeds or fails, etc. Sometimes that means it spawns things more commonly than we'd like.

I can reduce the rate, yes. But I am rather fine with how it is currently, and this is the first burrower related complaint I have heard in some time...so the numbers must be about "proper". People get very, very vocal otherwise heh.

14. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So my Starbound worm infestation is just me getting stupidly unlucky then.

15. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't update often, only monthly so excuse me if this is the case already with the mentioning of research being used for mining table upgrades. Can it be made so that you don't automatically unlock recipes once you pick something up or access a crafting table? This has had me in a gripe for a while now that your character automatically knows how to make something the moment they have the ingredients for it. That's like automatically knowing how to make apple pie just because you have tasted apples before.

I was thinking of something like a research station crafting table or tricorder mode that you can access and use research to unlock recipes that only show if you have one or more of their ingredients.

16. razanon

razanon Void-Bound Voyager

Sayter, please can you put a screenshot to know how i can transfer my items categorized to other chests?

i have one chest with an ITD with a repeater, and a lot of storage lockers with repeaters to receive the items, but every time put the items in the same storage locker, please can anyone explain me how it works? thx

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Wasn't as much of a "complaint" as more of a "It would be nice if...."

And yeah I was not sure exactly how much control we had over the spawns.. I knew that there had to be some type of variable spawns, because the machete-wielding poptops spawn in groups of 10+ at times, as do bulbops but other mobs spawn two here, three there. Wasn't sure exactly what could be changed, though.

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

some spawn in groups. Burrowers arent one. Apparently I had knifetops set to 2-3, so ive lowered that to 1-1

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Awww. lol. Ah well, claw farming was fun with the snub gun. But I suppose one could look at it as an exploit, I did think the spawns were a little over the top, but abused them anyways lol.

20. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

What do you use all those claws for anyway? The most I ever go through is to make the first wand with the core fragments.

Which reminds me of a question for @sayter , will a bone staff get into the mod? Essentially just slightly more powerful lengthened bone wand but with a blink explosion secondary.