1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. ColonolNutty

ColonolNutty Ketchup Robot

I don't see anywhere in there that you add custom underground biomes to the vanilla planets (I don't consider the midunderground to be custom, you also don't add custom biomes to midunderground anyways), so does that mean you just DON'T add them? Perhaps me seeing rainbowsand deep underground on a forest planet was just a fluke, it's very likely I messed up somewhere and caused Starbound to start doing all kinds of crazy things with biomes.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I think what's going on here is one of two things: one, it was an Unknown/Superdense/Shadow/StrangeSea planet, as they load just about any possible configuration including underground surface biomes.... Or two, you under-judged how far the "surface" layer goes down and are thinking it was "underground" when it wasn't and is more the subsurface or surface. I can't see how else you'd be seeing that. That or yea, you did muck something up. In any case, you can get an underground custom biome in exactly that way...just add a surface biome to the underground layer generation.

4. ColonolNutty

Definitely not the first one, I've modified the universe_world.config to always plant me on a forest planet at the start and I've never flown to other planets. I also didn't add a surface biome to an underground layer, so I either mucked something up, or for whatever reason the surface layer decided to go very close to the core of the planet and the biome it chose happened to be rainbowforest.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. Hibob42

Hibob42 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can we get rid of the planet eating worms please? They are driving me crazy and I cant figure out how to stop them.

7. ColonolNutty

Activate the halo rings of course!

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Nope. Learn how to deal with them, instead. They are a challenge, but one you can manage with proper planning.

9. Hibob42

I get the idea of using turrets; but I cannot do that AND keep a good looking base. Even if you will keep them, can you give a warning about what planets they show up on? Its heartbreaking to spend so long on a base only for it to be eaten to death in a few minutes.

10. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I second the worm warning suggestion, like how some planets already warn of large bipedal humanoids. But it should be vague.

On an unrelated to the above note, I've found some precursor lore codexes. Am I correct in coming to the conclusion that the precursors created the Avali? Because it certainly sounds like it.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Don't build your base on the few biome(s) that have them?

That, and I've never, ever seen a worm on the surface. There are some places you're just not meant to build bases, lol. Yes, I know, Vanilla SB has silly junk like wooden houses on volcanic planets, but that's just stupid IMO.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Barren worlds have a chance for exceptionally high populations of burrowers, sometimes at surface level. nothing else though, that I can think of. possibly sulphuric.

I heavily imply that, yes. I never directly state it though since it isn't official canon

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

To be honest, the precursors would surely have created just about all the races, because.. uh.. where else would they have come from? lol. Unless they came from another dimension or something.

14. Hibob42

Which biomes? I'm not sure how to figure that out beyond trial and error.
    Besides, I have enough trouble finding planets without disasters; and I can see those on the planet screen. I have to explore the planet to find the worms.

Evolution?
    PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IN A SARCASTIC TONE:​
    Or in the Glitch's case, crazy robot enthusiasts?
    Maybe Florians are the FINAL EVOLUTION OF VEGANS!

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Which is exactly the idea.

It's your job to figure out where they live :)

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Mountainous planets often have free-flying worms.

Pilcher recently made a mod that allows shielding specified areas (which can be turned on and off with switches). If you don't want to shield the base proper, you could instead build a large vat under your base and fill it with lava, then shield that. Worms can burrow through but not break it, and then get killed by the lava. Satisfying.

Well, there's this guy called the Cultivator... been around back then, is canon...

17. Hibob42

How many biomes are added in FU?
    How many new planet types are added in FU?
    How many are in the base game?

Do I have to go through each and every one to find which ones are infested with worms; then search through an entire planet, underground included, to ensure their are no worms?
    That seems a little bit much.

18. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

With the latest github builds, ITDs are broken and won't transfer contents. They will sometimes reset their configurations, as well.

https://pastebin.com/kPp0MGDB

Attached Files:

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

just pushed a fix

1. including subbiomes? 100ish
    2. 20 or so? dont have exact count handy
    3. 10-15 i think

as for worms: not every biome has them, no. Some biomes rarely, if ever, spawn them. Others are occasional, and a few are frequent. Generally the higher the threat or ore tier, the higher the chance of danger.

once you learn to deal with them, they are pretty straightforward and trivial. Each has things it is weak to, be it a damage type or effect.

But run in terror from Densinium worms. They do not mess around.

20. TheTraveller999

TheTraveller999 Void-Bound Voyager

why is everyone having problems with the worms? you just need to get the crew member named Muad'Dib he lets you see where the worms are and even lets you control them.....