1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Here's a small suggestion:

At first I couldn't figure out why my mech seemed so ridiculously slow, and here it turns out that you reduced the power of the starting mech components and that you can upgrade the mech pretty much as soon as you get the mech (at least the boosters/legs).

So.. my suggestion... add a quest or two in the Tutorial with the Tricorder that urges the player to check out the mech table and upgrade the booster to the Stock Booster, especially for those people that are coming from vanilla who just shrug off the Mech Parts Table because they "know" they don't have what they need to make any mech parts yet.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

fair point. not a bad idea.

3. wolf warstorm

wolf warstorm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

im not sure if this is a glitch or not but the precursor manipulator didn't replace the "R" slot manipulator. not sure why it did before with a older version

4. Eli_Shane

Eli_Shane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello. I have a problem with the new version of the mod. He throws it out at startup. Looked in the logs there are errors on the mod race Avali, for the most part. Now I have a version of FrackinUniverse-5.4.874. I want to play in the new one, but do not delete other mods, if it's possible to optimize, then I'll post a log.

Attached Files:

5. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

So I've gone and rummaged through the frackin universe files(a sin, I know) and I don't know if the majority already know this but if you've seen any npc's with a large dark green head and a single big eye you've probably wondered who they are and what they are. Turns out there are some race texture files for npc's and they have "precursor" in their naming scheme, and the textures found in those files fit with those npc's. So either those npc's are descended from precursors or they are precursors themselves. This has caused me to wonder whether or not Sayter has plans to include them as a playable race or perhaps a quest mission with their stuff as a theme, how they look also explains why their helmets look the way they do. I'm sorry if I'm a little late to the party if everyone already knows this but I just thought I'd post this.

On a semi-unrelated note, would precursor blocks, their yellow recolored as green, function well as telebrium blocks? I find too much telebrium to really bother with collecting more after a while and find that this abundant resource(stated to handle explosive force well) is a little underused throughout the mod. I see that this material could be utilized in all kinds of building materials and even a shield of some sort lore-wise, so I was just wondering why it was not so.

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

LuciferSam_86 likes this.
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

tricorder. Shift-click. Drag MM into MM slot. thats all there is to it, now. This was covered extensively in the update notes not long ago. You likely missed them (or didn't bother to read them).

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you dont read the update notes much, do you? Precursors have been a thing for about 4 months. The NPCs go with that content, including the precursor dungeon, precursor microdungeons, precursor biomes, etc.

And no, you wont get craftable precursor blocks, ever. They are not intended for crafting.

9. LuciferSam_86

LuciferSam_86 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

A really frackin' good universe, right? lol.

But yes, these last two months, wow. I've played FU for years, from well before Beta, started like Mid-Giraffe. The mod has received a lot of changes during that time, but these last two months are when things REALLY exploded, when the mod really has started to take on a life of its own.

The sheer cleverness in modding the base game really shines through, where @sayter and team are able to almost turn the game into a whole different game, innovating in ways Chucklefish hasn't even come up with yet (that Tricorder quest thing is just pure awesomesauce; it has a better interface than the vanilla game's quest log), though no offense to CF, but yeesh.

It's just awesome and I can't recommend it enough to anybody playing SB. I can't really do vanilla SB these days, because of how... bland and empty it feels without FU.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. wolf warstorm

sorry my bad. I did skim some of the updates but didn't see that change. last time it just sorta happened when i build a precursor manipulator even had a quest complete window pop up

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, we changed how it works. now you can swap any tool however you want there.

14. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I wasn't asking for craft-able precursor blocks. I was inquiring whether or not there are plans for telebrium blocks, which if precursor blocks had their yellows recolored to a dark green and metallic textures slightly changed, would look nice as a telebrium building block. It's just that this material is a little too all over the place to not be used for a building material. Even erchius crystals could be put into some sort of building material instead of only the large diamond shaped blocks being available. I'll try and see if I can post something which illustrates my point.

15. meguru

meguru Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. Thank you so much for your greatest MOD!

I have some questions. (And sorry about my poor English...)
    About the Merchants and the Parcel bug. Since I really wanted to clear this quest, so I messed around the quest files.
    Then, I found some differences in the merchant.lua, around [function addTradableItem(args, board)], line 104 (both vanilla and FU files).

This function is used in the Parcel quest(quest-new_stock-questGiver-notification.behavior).
    So I erased ["title": "addTradableItem"] lines from [quest-new_stock-questGiver-notification.behavior] for testing, then the quest became clearable. But the merchandise was not added.

So I only disabled FU's merchant.lua. After that, the Parcel quest became clearable. Also, I found the merchant's merchandise was added.

I really don't know about the scripts. So I do not know what this script actually does.
    This may be a bug in the vanilla side, but if you could do something on FU's merchant.lua, I'd really really appreciate it. Thank you.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that would be a precursor block. Just green. Nope :) If you wanna build with it, just dig some up :)

Umbra420 likes this.
  17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

okay. thanks man. ill take a peek. I was unaware this file even existed. I guess another team member added this, at some point. I'll have to see wtf is up with that. I've been looking through behaviors and quest files, but not /scripts/actions. Nice catch.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

meguru, LuciferSam_86 and Nightmaster like this.
  19. wolf warstorm

sweetness thanks

20. Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

if you attempt to eat a Mutagenic Honey Jar, the game will always crash. Have a screenshot in addition to the log! The item's description says it should give a 30% boost to radiation resistance... Come to think of it, how many enemies in the game actually attack you with radiation?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017