1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Hubnester

Hubnester Pangalactic Porcupine

You need a patch for it to work with modded races ( https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/fu-byos-modded-race-patch.5094/ ), also it will require a new character to use (since it replaces the tier 0 ship)

Xylia likes this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Blah. I suppose I could use /admin commands to speed up to get caught back up. Thankfully all I've done thusfar as the mining facility.

Thanks for the info!

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

so here's a question...

I was pondering doing a BYOS to get a lab on my ship, a nice proper one... but then I remembered that the ship is always silent, and one of the things I liked most about Eden planets, is I could do my lab work while listening to some of the cooler music tracks.

Is there anything like a jukebox in the game at all? Is that possible?

5. Hubnester

The music player plays background music in a 30 block radius around it (what it plays can be configured by interacting with it) and there is a portable one that plays anywhere (but only for your self)

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oh, okay, awesome. Do you have to manually select tracks, or can you do, like a list or something?

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

build it and see :) you know how it works around here Xyl! Welcome back.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hehe, thanks.

Definitely something to play with, glad you added that.

9. Reilsss

Reilsss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello Sayter,
    I do really like your mod, but I think I should ask about this.

Yesterday I wanted to play with a frind. Downloaded version 5.4.964 in preperation, because I knew my friend would have to download it to so we both on the same version.
    When my frind got to download FU an hour latter there was already Version 5.4.965. So we both had to download it.
    After we finished playing 2 hours latter I noticed there again a new Version 5.4.966....
    And this moring, like 7 hours latter after that there where Version updates: 5.4.9661, 5.4.9662, and 5.4.9667....

Thats 5 Version updates on a single day... and I and my frinds will have to download the mod again just to get in Sync with the same version of FU...

My question is simple,
    What version do you suggest us all to use? It can't be the "current/most up to date" one.
    I'm very confused about this by now. And I'm very unsure in what version I should suggest to my frinds to download (so we can play on the same version together).

Even better I do kindly request your mod team to reconsider the speed in with public versions of FU get released.
    In my personal oppinion it would be better to have only every few days or once a week a update. (until its a critical bugfix, but those should be rare to have).

I belive the many versions are a result of your mod team doing regular check-in's on your git hub for the mod. And that git hub converts that into version updates down here.
    But even guessing why there so many versions, it does not help me to know what to download and use...

I hope you can explain us what version you suggest us to use, and what versions are recommented to skip.

Thank you for your concern and answer in advance.

10. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not know if there is a special thread for problems with this mod, so i just post this here.
    I get an Exception and subsequently crash of the game related to the stimpacks from this mod and their tooltips.
    "[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /interface/tooltips/stim.tooltip, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /interface/tooltips/stim.tooltip"
    Apparently, whenever i hover for some time over them, the game does not find any file called stim.tooltip.
    I "fixed" that by copying simpletooltip.tooltip from original files\assets\interface\tooltips\ to frackinuniverse-5.4.951\interface\tooltips\ and renaming that file to stim.tooltip.
    No tooltip is shown then and i do not know if some other file from the original assets might be a better replacement, but at least i can use, move or delete the offending item now.

11. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reillsss, my suggestion is to stick with a specific schedule, where you only download the update once a day, once a week or once a month.
    If you regularily play SB with your friends, it might help to encourage them to do the same.
    I agree though completely with you that for a ~250MB big mod, it is a bit weird to expect (if anyone should do so) to be always up to date, even if someone always plays alone.
    Personally, i check the email-updates that describe what was changed and decide based on that, if i download the newest version.

12. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Just do what I do, only download the latest once a week.

13. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

By the way Sayter, three questions that I hope you have time to answer.

Might I suggest you to update the overview page? It is really out of date considering the great strides that the mod has taken.

The solar panel hull type blocks don't do anything except for being blocks, are there plans in place to make them form a constructed array with a wire point that gives power depending on how many blocks are part of the same construct or would that be too impossible?

Also, would you be against the mod having more plant based armour? This mostly comes from me playing a floran and being saddened to not find a vine, root, leaves and wood based armour to adorn my character. Heck, I'd be satisfied if it were only vanity.

14. Hubnester

Mumpfbrapp, i'm pretty sure that is caused by a mod other then FU (not sure which one, but i've heard of the error before).
    Umbra420, making the solar panel blocks function will probs be diffilcult and imo not worth the effort (since i'm pretty sure it will need to check every block in range and check if they are solar panel blocks).

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Reilsss :

If you check the Overview page, you will find a guide I posted a long time ago on how to update with Git-SCM (there are other ways, but I feel this way is pretty easy for people new to Git, as it can be confusing). This is the method I would recommend you use to update FU.

Basically, you and your friend should agree on when to update FU, and only update at those times. Just because a new version exists does not mean you must update. This isn't an MMO; you can play without updating FU.

IMO, I would only update FU if there is a major bug that affects you, or if there's a major update. If there's just a small balance tweak, or something like that, then chances are you can easily play without it.

And even if there are bugs or issues with the mod, most often it will only be with certain items that were just recently changed and unless you are using one of those items or features, then chances are you can just ignore it until/unless you come across said item/feature. Since Git-SCM updates in 30 seconds or less in most situations, shutting the game down to update and then getting back on usually only takes a few minutes, even if you did run into a bug.

That's why I highly recommend using that version/method with FU.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. Darkralts

Darkralts Starship Captain

vinalish only appearing in a lush world for system, I create a new character and his start system have 4 lush planets and the npc only appearing in one lush and no the initial.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thats probably because you have conflicting mods installed. FU makes it impossible to not get him on a Lush world unless you have conflicting things installed. You'll have to remove the conflict yourself.

20. Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

I found a noteworthy bug with the augment extractor, when applied to certain augments, (Not all of them though) the extracted augment will literally transform into an item labeled "Extracted Augment" usually with a glitched description, its happened with the resistance and healing III augments.

An item that has turned into "Extracted Augment" cannot be stacked in your inventory with functionally identical augments. If you have 2 Healing III augments, and 1 Extracted Healing III augment, you can't stick it in the same inventory slot as the other 2. The glitched augment also cannot be located with a Terminal no matter what you type into the search box.

The "Extracted Augment" does still seem to function properly if you re-equip it though. Its definitely off putting though.

Also, doesn't the Resistance augment (Was that the exact name?) normally have a sale value of 25000? The extracted one (shown in the picture) has a value of 15000. I couldn't find this item on the Wiki to clarify that, is there an admin command so I can create another non-glitched one?

Attached Files: