1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Tarnhill

Tarnhill Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a word of warning, shield generators on custom built ships may remove the ability to place new blocks on empty tile after the generator has been powered off or destroyed.
    /admin, /debug, and /settileprotection are necessary to fix this issue.

So don't use a shield generator on your ship in multiplayer until you're finished building, unless the server owners/moderators are the helpful sort.

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I've noticed that having a lot of .world files slows the startup severely. If you're starting over with a fresh character, you may want to remove those files (either delete them, or put them in a separate folder if you want to keep them) to help speed things up. Given how much has changed in FU, continuing with a very old character is going to run into a few walls - probably easier to get up to speed with a new character.

BYOS is now integrated and isn't needed separately. You get to choose between the BYOS or vanilla ship once you've passed the prologue.

3. Mooncalf99

Is there a way to access the Ancient Temple dungeon with a preexisting character? I want to see what it's about, but I don't feel like giving up my current Floran character just yet.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I frequently wipe universe due to frequent hiatuses, so no, lots of .world files are not the culprit. Even with an empty universe folder, it still takes almost 5 minutes to load the game. I mean yeah this PC is like 5 and a half years old, BUT it has stats good enough to run games like Warframe, WoW, FFXIV, etc at rather respectable settings so it's not like I'm using a 32-bit computer from 2000 or something.

But again I don't use SSD, nor would I due to how frequently this is updated.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yep. find a space pyramid. Same as always.

mine loads slow first, initially. after that its fine generally.

6. Mooncalf99

Oh, I thought it was a new dungeon. N/m then. :)

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

youll still want to check it out for the boss loot

9. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

MM upgrades now take their stats from the vanilla upgrade configurations rather than increments. This improves compatibility with mods such as Enhanced Matter Manipulator while retaining the ability to properly upgrade modded MMs.

this line made me squee with glee for a full minuet reading it. also found out that the trap breaks from the precurseor dungon i found so i is a sad. edit-nvm the two mods i was hoping would work still does not work which was overpowered manipulator and free modify matter manipulator :(

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Oh wow, you guys modified the MM system....? And you got pieces that you can put on ships to actually change how they work? *drool* I'm not sure I can wait until 1.3.4... lol. When's that supposed to be out?

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

BYOS has been added

we redid the *entire* quest core/startup for FU. Use your tricorders left click for status window, right click for Quest module and shift+click to modify your toolbar slots as you see fit (even putting weapons in there if you wanted!)

Mechs have mass, and do corresponding damage to terrain/enemies based on this mass
    Their mass also halts regen after a certain point (18 tonnes), and adds ablative armor protection (effectively, this means the higher your mass + protection for the mech body, the more damage you can shrug off from small-increments. so things like Poptops might be unable to damage you in any way with sufficient protection. The caveat being energy will be in shorter supply with heavier mechs

im sure there are a hundred other things we've added you havent seen too :)

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I decided to give it a go...

The quest system is simply awesome. I found it before I saw this post, and I'm looking forward to digging into it.

Eh, one question though..... is it supposed to be intended that you can sometimes get a mine on your starting planet that is very small and does not have a mama poptop boss? I have never seen a mine on a Lush world that didn't have a boss in it... not sure what went wrong there. The only error in my starbound.log has to do with fuwolfcase (yeah, nice mystery boxes that insta-kill you by spawning 50 wolves ontop of you, lol), a missing asset .png (/projectiles/throwable/fuwolfcase/fuwolfcase.png).

That's going to make starting this new character rather annoying, as I got almost no core frags, very little metals, etc... going to have to do a good bit of digging.

Don't have any other mods 'cept felins and avali, which should both be up-to-date and I don't think either of those modify the mine or lush worlds, so...

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

ive only had one without a mama. exceptionally rare. It technically shouldn't happen, but on rare occasions does. that, or for some reason spawns in such a way we "miss" her and cant locate her

17. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Perhaps.

I just did the Mech Tutorial and.....woah.

THAT is how a mech should be done, haha.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Blah, so apparently Felins won't get the option to do BYOS because they use a custom intro... is there a way to fiddle with save files or /admin commands to enable that after-the-fact? I know ship changing is possible, I just forget how to do it, and I know that anything in locker/furniture/crew/etc will be wiped (I don't have anything lol).

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope.

there is a BYOS patch for FU here for custom races..that might do the trick.

20. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i have found the absoult best metal planet ever! it had 2 precoursor anvils a precoursor generator and finnaly had a precursor dungeon warp! seriously i want to do a video of the small area of the metal planet and me doing the dungeon.