1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. manganon

manganon Yeah, You!

Flew into a cliff with Physics Field III and my game crashed. I get the same error every time I try to log back into that character, who appears in the same position on the world where I originally crashed. Here's the log: https://pastebin.com/29YfyuBD

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, only fix is to wipe that worlds file.

I wonder if for some reason, when these errors occur, its because too *much* is loading at once....or something...an the worldfile just takes a shit about it. Hmm. Will have to ask people how fast they were moving when this happens, from now on. Just to see. should be rather simple to confirm or deny, at any rate.

So yea, navigate to starbound/storage/universe

find either the coordinates of your planet in the filenames....or, do the sane thing and find the most recently update world file. delete it. the game will regenerate the planet on reloading the game. Note that this will erase *everyting* on that world other than your character and any gear they have on.

3. manganon

manganon Yeah, You!

That fixed it, thanks!

I wasn't even moving at the maximum speed for Physics Field III when the crash occurred, but I do move faster than the world can load quite often. In those cases I just stop in my tracks until the next block loads, and then I can keep going.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, ive done the same without much issue before.... i wish the log would tell what the error was, in detail. Instead it is quite literally just saying

HEY THIS IS WRONG. I CLOSE NOW.

what is wrong? who knows. It never tells us.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, generic errors suck. Kinda like those JSON array errors that don't tell you which JSON file, or what line the problem occurred in,t just says something like "error occurred in JSON array" .. and it's like "um, what array?"

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

minor

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

did not helped me actually, contratry after some tests i managed to get "off" without having to delete planet,

there was however, something called "world temp" deleting just that "saved" my planet and i could go on normaly
    seems something heavily weights on data upon planet creation

- add. note same temporarly freeze tend to happen if you go in with mech(any planet), its just , that one game will wake up from after about 30-60 sec
    BTW i was just walkin with my scener when i got planet gen. crash

not related
    also there are some "Bugs" wich prolly cant be done about

bees- these guys cant spawn on sub biomes wich makes hunting for them really difficult since you have to find planet with big enough "vannila"(i.e original planets) biome
    and i dont know if its just my luck or not but usually i everything but landing spot different biome... (note dungoes/villiges count under "different biomes")
    so they basicly they dont spawn (on places) if you dont have biomes fitting the "backround" (as backround simbolizes planet type)

fist weapons - litteraly make you stop in the air when attacking - managed to save myself multiple time from death fall that way

and quests- Parcell quest usualy tend to stop when you have to deliver it- works OK most of the time but if you Parcell reciever is Merchant, he just ignore you completly, - you can trade with him if you throw away the parcel or cancel the quest

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

This is a bug in the main game, actually.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, FR bug that will be resolved soon.

Um..that isn't a bug. Also, you are incorrect: Bees can spawn on subbiomes. Just not *all* of them. Find the right spots, and you'll find the right bees. It's not meant to be super siimple. You're hunting.

Not a bug. Thats a feature of the weapon type to make them more worth using.

vanilla bug. Not my problem.

10. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah thats why bugs it was in ""
    i nevertalked about then all supposing to spawn on single planet,
    its just i never found bees outside "(type)planet fitting" biome and i always spend several tens of day/night cycles going left/right looking for them
    BUT i found something funky so maybe thats why my "luck" on it is bad (will make vid later once it happens again ill up on YT) wich is
    i just gone this new playtru where bee was invisible, i gone to catch bug (that bug sehll one)
    and i noticed i got honey queen from it as well , after blindly hitting air for around minute i also got one more queen

Also!
    Thanks

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

again, not a bug. You aren't *supposed* to find bees outside of their native areas. Which is why you don't. Harsh weather also kills them.

Bees are not invisible, which means you have a conflict somewhere if they are. So it's still not an FU problem.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. L'gra

L'gra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I asked about a conflict long ago(in a distant past) between FU and Avali, it was after the fix, but I forgot the log file and that was the end of it. Well I figured out something, NMM hates specifically Frackin' Universe and Avali Triage. For some reason it will install parts/copies of either mod outside of the respective mod's folder. It didn't do this to FU when it was I think modpak or was it tar. They work fine installed directly. It guts out materials(both), mods(both), platforms(both), and rails(Avali), and some random config files. There is fuclassicnopaint, FullTemplate, FullTemplateAlt, FullTemplateLite, and railtemplate.config.patch.
    My only question is why? I don't expect you to understand exactly how NMM works, just hoping you have a guess.
    You also might wonder why I use NMM for modding Starbound, that is because I played Fallout and Elder Scrolls, worked fine for them and for every other Starbound mod, just not those two for some reason, but from now on I am watching out for this issue.

PS. Also after you stopped the other format from long ago, I am never attempting to install FU with NMM again, it took like 10 minutes to install it. Also have a log file after I did this, just to make up for last time. Hopefully the next post from me will be something more helpful not me just being stupid.

Attached Files:

15. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

As a personal opinion, do not use NMM for Starbound. It (barely) works for Skyrim, but the way Skyrim and Starbound organice it's mods, it's different, and that could lead to a lot of problems. Just install them manually, all of them are, or a single file, or a single folder. You could never make mistakes installing mods if you install them manually.

16. L'gra

Yeah, but I'm too damn lazy for that. Also my poor NMM would starve to death because Starbound is the last "supported" game I have. Never mind the fact that they are already making NMM V2 called Vortex. :rofl: Yeah, I'll do that, as for Skyrim/Fallout, for me it worked perfectly fine, never had a problem with it and I went through a lot of mods. Oh well, out with the old and dying and all.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

why on earth would you use NMM for starbound , period? Nexus mods are horribly outdated for SB anyhow, and any sensible person manually installs starbound mods because load order is largely irrelevant. I refuse to even look at your issue, because NMM is not supported by SB or the devs of SB. You are the only person I have heard of doing this, ever. lol

FU loads in a specific place in the load order already (0), and has includes to include the other mods so the *automatically load after it*. Messing with the order is going to break things. By design. Stop using NMM.

18. L'gra

I used it because I had it, I don't use Nexus SB mods though. As for load order, I know it was largely irrelevant. Mostly just laziness, already said goodbye to NMM(SB was last game on there) and uninstalled it, re-downloaded all SB mods and installed them. Like I said at the end, the log wasn't there for you to look at just for last time that was IDK what year long ago, and the last line being a realization of how silly and stupid it was.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Was baffled , is all. Never heard of anyone using NMM for SB

20. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Have a logfile. Looks like it might be tied to a "kill something" quest.

Attached Files: