1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

That doesnt mean it is caused by FU. Until two days ago I had 0 reports of this, ever. Gyrusens updated recently, and this seems to have edited tenants and how they work. Therefore, it is the likely cause of the error (if you have it installed.

If there is no log, I will not be looking into your issue. Period. The first thing on the mod page is to attach a log if you have a problem. No log, no look. Sorry, but until you do it is *impossible* to verify the source.

FU doesn't really change tenants in any real way and hasn't added any in over a year beyond changing what they wear etc...I don't see how it could suddenly be a problem unless another mod is patching the same files and doing it wrong, which causes the patches failing and therefore , tenants failing. Just because a bug happens with a mod in does not make the the *source* of the problem. I have over 4 years working with Starbound files. I know what I am doing. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. danziger

danziger Tentacle Wrangler

That might be the bug I had experienced.

Certain bugged items can singlehandedly override room theming.

I found this bug when I made a Apex furnished room, but a single Bamboo door/Large Vinelight would break the spawn and cause the broken NPC in the screenshot to spawn instead.

To isolate the problem in a controlled environment:
    New game at pure vanilla with clean storage, apex furnished room with bamboo door or large vinelight, and an Apex spawned correctly.
    But New game with FU only with clean storage, apex furnished room with bamboo door orlarge vinelight, the broken guard spawns.

There seems to be certain bugged items where even a single piece can singlehandedly override all room theming, causing a broken NPC to spawn.

That might be the issue Ranmaul is encountering.

Attached Files:

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

See? When you present *actual data* it gives something I can look at. This means it is likely that there is a *particular tenant* trying to load, due to conditions being met, but something is either missing or breaking. Which should generate a problem in the log. Which means something can be attached as one so I can actually look at the problem. I most certainly am not looking through 300,000 items to find something that *might* be there/missing unless I know where to look. Hence, log.

4. danziger

danziger Tentacle Wrangler

This was the bug I posted 2 pages back on 527. I had included the log, but the log isn't that useful since no error messages were generated when that bugged NPC spawned.

I was mentioning it again since I suspect a bugged item in Ranmaul's room is what is causing his "guard" to spawn.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, my point was to him not to you :) sorry, that wasn't clear at all by the message.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Which is why @Ranmaul needs to make a "clean house" -- nothing but wood foreground/background, wood door, and a torch, and perhaps a wooden crate to force a merchant to spawn.

If he spawns a merchant, then he needs to start subbing items in from the house (one by one) he was trying until he gets the broken guard. Then boom, problem found.

I mean, this is simple Problem Solving and/or Diagnostics 101, to be quite honest. But I suppose some people have not had any experience in such.

7. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've noticed Katanas are held all weird now, or just don't work. Like the titanium katana.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, that'll do the trick.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

theyre fine. read the update notes. katanas were adjusted to a new combo ability. old ones are broken, so remake it and itll be fine.

10. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you give some more hints? Is it an object interact-able with "E" or a well hidden pressure plate?

11. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

https://pastebin.com/iJpwCVP8

I'm gonna update my FU right now(this was from I think last nights version) but i had a hard crash in starbound.

Edit: Ok I find i have a sword in the inventory and when I place it in my inventory the game crashed. My thinking is the game isn't placing the sword in the inventory but instead because it crashes the game when I do so it doesn't save that, and instead keeps the sword as my curser.

Another Edit: It's the weapon, the game crashes in about a second if I have it on my character at any time or point. I managed to slip it into the trash so it'll be gone next time I start, or should be, but the weapon sprite must be bugged.

https://pastebin.com/abU4c92u

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Who else feels that rapiers are a tad OP? A single rapier is fine but once you dual wield rapiers of similar speeds then you can effectively stun lock the majority of enemies.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

is it a katana? if so, its due to the update. make a new one done.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i mitigated that a bit in the update already. more coming.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi sayter, I found a bug that some melee weapons' combo can only be execute once and then stuck idling. It often happens when upgraded by cosmic crucible (might has something to do with the weapon speed increase). The three examples I found are Honey Scyche, Densinium Scythe and Cosmic Broadsword.

I doubt whether the log would be helpful but here it is:
    https://pastebin.com/xV2upPzy

There might be some bug in molten iron storm. My character already have "fireStatusImmunity", "lavaimmunity", "ffextremeheatimmunity", "fireblock" and 95% fire resist but still constantly receive fire damage. I cannot recall exactly but fire storm weather seems have the same bug.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  18. LaughingAlex

The sword looked more like a longsword or a broadsword actually. If I find the weapon model again and it crashes I'll 'try' to get a screenshot but the game crashes like 1 second after hoving the mouse over it and clicking on it.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and of course the log tells us nothing. No idea how to even diagnose , really. Probably just needs to be tossed out without reading its tooltip file. tricksy.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  20. LaughingAlex

I threw the item in the trash so next time i'm on that character it'll just be deleted.