1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

how about doing what it tells you riiiiiight at the top of the mod page and submitting the log as requested? It does provide a report, because that is how the client works.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

and it has nothing to do with FU, and everything to do with other mods you are using.

3. Jason1122

Jason1122 Big Damn Hero

I've tried to make a power switch using wire relay and noticed some strange behavior. According to the wiki, upper input node must control the output, but it doesn't. Here is the illustration of what I'm talking about https://imgur.com/a/w4GIX.

I've checked out the logic behind the relay and I think that maybe this part of checkOutputsSetLevels
    Code:
    storage.active = (object.isInputNodeConnected(0) and object.getInputNodeLevel(0)) or (object.isInputNodeConnected(1) and object.getInputNodeLevel(1))
    should be replaced with something like this
    Code:
    if object.isInputNodeConnected(1) then
      storage.active = object.getInputNodeLevel(1) and (object.isInputNodeConnected(0) and object.getInputNodeLevel(0))
    else
      storage.active = (object.isInputNodeConnected(0) and object.getInputNodeLevel(0))
    end
    or maybe I'm missing something?

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

dude. You have *made* mods. You should know the basics of how they work.

If my mod does not add an item named "bloodyliquid", and is instead using "liquidblood", how exactly could it fail to drop "bloodyliquid" in the first place? Nothing in my entire mod uses that ID. At all. It is not from FU. Stop arguing when you cannot possibly be right, please. You're making me angry now.

0. No results. Not FU. Look at another mod for your issue.

wont be doing anything of the sort right now. We're redoing the entire power system.

5. Robert_Lee

Robert_Lee Void-Bound Voyager

But why last mod in log was FU? And what i need to resolve problem?

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Robert_Lee :

This is the error that is crashing you:

Code:
    [21:08:14.202] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (VehicleDatabaseException) Error loading vehicle '/vehicles/hellcatred/ship.vehicle'
    You need to find out which mod(s) are trying to create a "hellcatred" and delete one of them and/or remove the duplicate files from these mod(s).

FU does not have this vehicle at all, so it isn't FU causing the crash.

EDIT: Dude, you have way too many mods... a lot of them probably are not even updated to 1.3 yet. There's *numerous* missing asset errors, duplicate asset errors, etc. IMO, clean your mods out first.

7. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

this has been a ting for a while now, but just to make sure, are the fact that the FU upgrades of vanilla stations (fission furnace and clothing fabricator) slower than the station they upgraded from deliberate? b/c it seems kinda weird and backwards for an upgrade to be worse at the same thing.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"Slower"? You mean, making materials? I didn't notice any slowness except with a couple materials, such as glass. In fact, seems to me, the FU stations are faster.

9. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Here's something I can recommend for would-be debuggers: Windows Grep. This program can trawl through entire folders and check files for specific lines without having to do it manually. So if you want to find out which mod in your collection uses, say, "bloodyliquid" or "hellcatred", you just type it in, specify folder, then let it go to work. Takes some time, but it gets the job done. Has helped me work out a lot of issues.

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Does that work for .pak'd mods, though?

11. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Actually, yes! It treats the .pak as one big document.

12. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

hmm, it might just be me, but when I've used them they seemed to be noticeably slower than the top-tier vanilla stations they were upgraded from. and yeah, it was with crafting materials. I wouldn't care about armor/weapons b/c I'm normally only gonna make one of those at a time

actually, the fission furnace seems fairly fast with bars, maybe there's just something inconsistent or an overflow bug with something.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  13. Arnust

Arnust Big Damn Hero

Is it actually FU the one screwing with the NAvigation Console? How could I circumvent or fix that?

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What do you mean by "screwing with"?

Works just fine for me.

EDIT: This might be a dumb question, but on Gas Planets.... I have armor that gives me immunity to pressure, but if I go down like 50 blocks below the starting point, I get this ridiculously powerful debuff that drains my Hunger meter in like 60 seconds... and I don't see any kind of EPP, EPP Module, or Armor that blocks it... so how is one supposed to actually go down further?

15. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, yeah there's this liquid down there that gives you the Exhastion debuff. Your hunger basically goes down in a minute, flat. Unless you have plenty of food with you or a feed pack then you'll just die. But it's worth it, densinium and stuff is everywhere are the bottom. And usually bedrock, though. If you get far enough down though it will change into a different liquid.

16. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Gotta extraction question - can you do anything with limestone? According to github, it looks like it should be extractable, but dumping it in a Mk3 does nothing.

17. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it powered?

18. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, everything else extracts as per usual.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

gas giants, like strange seas, have a random gas distribution. so youll never have the same total selection.

20. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've encountered a possible bug with the first enemy in the Frozen Wastes (the red-robed scientist with the brain worm on their face). I've "killed" them multiple times in my most recent run of the dungeon, as in it makes the "you killed this enemy"slice-y sound when I hit them while their health bar is empty, but they don't die and keep shooting at me. It's easy enough to leave them behind, and I'm able to kill the other enemies in the dungeon, but it's kind of annoying to be unable to kill an enemy that was previously mortal.
    EDIT: Just managed to actually kill them, after leaving them alone long enough for a third of their health to regenerate. Thoughts?