1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Suffered a nasty error earlier...

Somehow, my character stopped being able to deal damage to enemies. (Other than DoT from elemental weapons.) This occurred when I fought an apex mutant and a crustoise in this room:
    error_scene.PNG
    The mutant died just fine, the crustoise did not. Checking the log, I found this error:

[12:41:12.553] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/stats/monster_primary.lua"]:188: 'for' limit must be a number
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__index'
    [string "/stats/monster_primary.lua"]:188: in global 'inLiquid'
    [string "/stats/monster_primary.lua"]:131: in function <[string "/stats/monster_primary.lua"]:119>

(Full log: https://pastebin.com/445Apu0q)

For some reason I cannot determine, the situation cleared up after quitting, rebooting and starting up again. The same cannot be said for another character I have, who managed to get the same issue... for whom it hasn't been corrected, even after restarting, and who is now permanently nerfed, apparently.

Given that FU is the only mod in my setup that make calls to the InLiquid parameter (I did a grep just to be sure), I thought it would be the best place to start investigating. It's either FU or vanilla game.

2. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

I've recently built the solar hall and it didn't unlock a tier 2 yet for me.

On a separate note, maybe it's just me but space stations don't appear to be working all that well with solar panels. I have 2 solar halls (each with 3 solar arrays) along with 3 additional solar panels only produced 8u of power total, That's the same as what I can get with 2 solar panels only powered by the ship lights on my ship. I don't know if it's a yet-to-do thing or a bug or what not but whatever the case, it acts differently on space stations than with other areas of the game.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@Mooncalf99 : I've seen the "InLiquid" bug with Crustoises before too. Basically, anytime said enemy enters liquid, its behavioral AI locks up, as far as it taking damage. There's nothing you can do, that monster is now invincible until it despawns. Just ignore it and move on, I guess.

@NaturesWitness :

/admin
    /spawnnpc human crewmembermedic
    /spawnnpc apex crewmembermechanic
    /spawnnpc floran crewmemberengineer
    /spawnnpc avian crewmembergreg
    /spawnnpc felin crewmemberchemistgreen

etc.

The name of the crew (crewmembermedic for example), can be found on Starbounder (for vanilla) or \npcs\crew\ for modded crew. A few are templates (crewmemberchemist, etc) so don't spawn those in or they don't do anything.

This will cause the crewmember to teleport in at your mouse cursor and will be immediately available for hire.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks. will look into that.

5. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Xylia Thanks, that'll be a big help. One of my characters lost his entire 12 person crew to some sort of 1.3 update bug, so now I won't have to spend ages recruiting a new set.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

np!

I abandoned the questing thing a long time ago because there's way too much RNG involved. It is RNG as to how many quests before an NPC will like you enough to be a crew. RNG what KIND of crew you get (I just loooove seeing janitors and soldiers 3, 4, 5+ times in a row. I just don't have 4-5 hours to spend trying to get 1 crew of a "usable" type.

7. caerold

caerold Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone confirm that the Ansible radiostation actually appears in the powerstation's crafting menu. It isn't appearing for me, and I picked up and put down a fission reactor and everything...

... 5 mins later
    Nevermind, they changed it to radiostationnew and linked it to the combustion generator in the new iteration

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. freddy72nz

freddy72nz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi there,
    I've got an issue with the BEES collection. It doesn't seem to register Arid Queens. I've picked up some several times but it doesn't trigger the collection.

log:
    https://pastebin.com/xr8rThhv

Thanks for making such a great mod!

10. dualinfinities

dualinfinities Pangalactic Porcupine

so how does the mining bench work? should I hold off on upgrading my lasers until the mining cannon, or will it keep my installed modules?

also, extracting bone blocks results in this math: 5 bones = 100 bone pile = 20 bones, 40 oil. in short, infinite bones + oil.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I would like to know this too. I wasn't sure what exactly the mining bench did, so I put the very first miner in there, upgraded it, saw that it put a little star on it and I was like "wha?" because I was expecting that it would upgrade to the new mining beam type... nooo, it just puts a star on the old one that I will soon upgrade through the Tinker Bench anyways.

I somehow doubt it, because when you craft a new mining laser... you're losing the old one entirely. It gets used up as a crafting ingredient. I don't think there's code in the game that tells the game to remember properties the crafting ingredients had.

So basically, that bench needs some sort of warning label on it to not waste your modules upgrading unless you are confident you're not going to be tinkering with it anytime soon (or, indeed, until you get the very last one).

12. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

I get the feeling that it's still a bit WIP.

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The whole mod is a WIP (I say this in a good way), so yes, that is almost certainly true.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

correct. they do not carry over. but modules are common enough that its hardly an issue. and if you are industrious, you can craft them now, too. I'd even argue using them earlier is *better* because you tend to get stuck with the yellow one for a fair amount of time before moving on to the high-end ones. Getting increased range can make a big difference there. Plus cosmic damage doesn't hurt either.

15. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Quick quesh or two - first, what does upgrading a mining laser enhance? Range, radius, power, wall stripping, all of the above?

Second, I have the Matter Assembler, but I don't seem to have any sort of module crafting available. Do they need to be unlocked somehow?

Also, not sure if possible, but... would it be feasible to have atmospheric condensers placed on stations and other extraplanetary locations extract {as uncommon or rare, anyway} mech parts and ship/station furniture and tiles?

Also also, a quick balance mention - combustion generators run for the same amount of time on a wooden log and a piece of unrefined wood, which you can get a ten-pack per log, making processed wood by far the most efficient thermal generator fuel source.

2017-06-14.png

16. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

I think my SAIL is broken... as it likes to constantly spam that an electrical storm is going off.... over, and over, and over, and over....

[​IMG]

17. adaxe

adaxe Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi all, I have been away from Starbound for quite a few days, and now suddenly find the 1.3 update. I also notice that FU has been updated to stable 1.3.

Should I delete my /player and /universe folders and start a fresh new run?

18. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

I'd recommend it due to how much has changed in FU. Progression has been overhauled completely and old stuff you still have may be a bit broken.

19. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

Hey there, I've been playing this pretty epic mod for 4 days now. Likin' it so far! Currently dabbling in genetics. Got a question:

Does Meatvine still produce steak? I'm trying to grow them on my ship, my first batch only produced more of the seeds (and fleshstrand). I used the Harvester Beamgun II.

EDIT: It does! But this time I harvested it by hand.

20. Sinxar

Sinxar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey Sayter do you have the ability to change weapon volume?

I found these today:
    [​IMG]

They are extremely loud compared to most other weapons.

My theory is there is something wrong with the games' sound engine as sometimes if you hit multiple things at once or get hit by lots of things at once it is VERY loud. These weapons fire a lot of projectiles at once. But I don't know, you are the one with all the knowledge of the inner working of the game.