1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. ixidron

ixidron Starship Captain

I wanted to update the wiki's list of extractable stuff with percentages, but I don't really know how because the lua file says common, normal, uncommon, rare and rarest followed by a value instead of a percentage. can someone explain how to convert that into percentages please?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Earlier in the file, the "common", "normal", "uncommon" is actually defined.

3. ixidron

ixidron Starship Captain

This is the file I'm checking: https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/FrackinUniverse/blob/master/objects/generic/centrifuge_recipes.lua

All it says before recipes is:

function getRecipes()
    return {
    recipeTypes = { farm = {"itemMapFarm"},
    bees = {"itemMapFarm","itemMapBees"},
    liquid = {"itemMapFarm","itemMapBees","itemMapLiquids"},
    isotope = {"itemMapFarm","itemMapBees","itemMapLiquids","itemMapIsotopes"} },
    -- for any given comb type, the sum of the chances must not exceed 1
    -- chances are common, normal, uncommon, rare, or rarest, followed by the reciprocal of the multiplier to be applied

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Okay I found it.

https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/F...cts/bees/ironcentrifuge/ironcentrifuge.object
    https://github.com/sayterdarkwynd/F...bees/woodencentrifuge/woodencentrifuge.object

etc.

The chances depend upon which type of centrifuge you are using. That's why they did it that way.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Also... is it intended that the growers (wooden tray, hydroponics, etc) do not give Resin when growing Bracken Trees?

6. ixidron

ixidron Starship Captain

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes

8. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I explored a forest planet that was in the second system visited by that character, and found a Penumbral biome with those energywood trees. "Well," I said, "that's my fuel requirement covered for the rest of the game." :)

To say nothing of those military bases. Christmas already?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. Mooncalf99

Found a tentacle biome! Absolutely revolting. Good job!
    upload_2017-2-17_23-32-54.png

10. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

Yea Ocean planets are best place to find them.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's the underwater ruined castles... there's above-ground ones too. I've found them on most reasonably non-hostile environments, anything from Forests, to Snow, even Jungles and stuff like Proto or Penumbra. I don't think I've seen them on T2 hot/cold though.

12. crystalfeather3

crystalfeather3 Starship Captain

I wonder if anyone has tips on navigating the asteroid fields. I just go from side to side. Realize this is a newbie question, but my gravity augment has no effect here. Please help!

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Flightfire (spear) or Physics Field (Tech).

Or a grapple gun of some sort.

The Physics Field tech is easy to unlock, the Flightfire Spear requires the Carbon Spear and then you need to find some Ignus Chili.

EDIT: Apparently, Physics Field won't do the job... it doesn't do what it sounds like it does lol.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. Mooncalf99

The ore detector mk1 isn't in the specific tab in the engineering bench, just the generic "all".

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it will...when there are physics to manipulate. Zero-G isn't condusive :) (actually I thought it did work...no big deal though...lots of ways around it)

you can also simply build a Gravity Generator and bring it around with you.

Flightfire is a great option. Rocket boots will likely do the trick too (tech), or you could build a flyer (reaver)... or simply build the Spacefarer armor set.

16. khalox

khalox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Xithricite cannot be crafted with recipe anymore?
    Or . am I missing something?

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi,
    Here are some errors from 5.0.14:

19. Aedris

Aedris Void-Bound Voyager

This may be a small thing... but it would help out some server owners a whole lot if you were to go back to distributing Frackin Universe as a .pak file rather than a folder to be unzipped.

Renting a server that requires upload via FTP means I can't upload the compressed file/remotely decompress it, so while one similar sized .pak file takes a bit to upload and is doable... the 24,849 files in 3,594 folders that make up FU uploaded as individual files takes a great deal of time and introduces the issues of periodic disconnects in the process of just trying to get the mod uploaded to the game server. I assume I have a pretty common server-rental setup, so I'm probably not the only person to run into this.

Thanks for considering this :)

20. Tini_weni

Tini_weni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Open Notepad

paste this
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_packer.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\FrackinUniverse" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\FrackinUniverse.pak"

Save as PackFU.bat

UnZip Latest FU rename to FrackinUniverse

Click the bat file.
    Wait...

Run the game
    Enjoy.