1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you will fine a bit less requirement for the seed after the last update plus todays github patch. I suppose I'll need to make the subbiome a bit more common, then. Easily done. I'll add it to todays github release with everything else.
    \

edit: okay, ive added it in the spread for several biomes. now, the most common place to find it is probably Atropus. Which probably makes the most sense anyhow. So there you go.

Started a new character and playing through progression has helped me downsize many recipes for todays push. Armors will be a LOT more kind as of tonight.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

So, after getting a blueprint for it a couple of days ago, I've been playing around with the Disruptor aka Elder Carbine. A little disappointed that in use it feels like a somewhat weaker Plasma Cannon (similar, slightly annoying effect of destroying tiles like platforms, noticeably lower damage) considering the rare blueprint and high ingredient cost. Balancing it may be worth another look if it's really meant to be a tier 9 weapon. Incidentally, the Plasma Cannon is now maybe more powerful than its tier/components suggest, at least if you don't mind the occasional tile destruction.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, recipes for weapons are still being addressed. I just got through all the armors.'

ive addressed the damage issue above you mentioned. Disruptor now clocks at 55 DPS while Plasma Cannon clocks at its current 40. Both require less work to make. Plasma Cannon durasteel is swapped to Dense Alloy.

Also, it doesnt just function as a "crappier" plasma at all. There are numerous block breaking weapons. Disruptors do more damage the closer you are to a target, FYI. So a large spray of projectiles up close is going to do more than from a distance. Sometimes weapons have special little goodies like that :)

4. chean

Yeah, I just mentioned the plasma vs. disruptor as they were two of the three weapons I'd recently been using, so similarities struck me more than differences, especially as compared to the work involved in crafting. Though, I actually meant the Plasma Rifle (75DPS in my current game, though you've probably adjusted it since then) not the Plasma Cannon, don't know why I mixed up the two names, as of the two I've only used the Rifle. Anyway, good to know about the close range effect of Disruptor, will test further. :)

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

egad, you arent wrong about that plasma rifle. guess that one got missed in the balance fix lol

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

- tweaked a few more damage variables for weapons. If you notice any more that are far too weak for their tier (or vice versa) don’t hesitate to let me know.

- reworked all armor recipes to be more reasonable (in other words, less resource cost by a fair margin), making them more desirable to craft in the first place as you’ll be more likely to have the resources on hand. Only War Angel retains its previous crafting requirements.

- various new projectile physics added to give a bit more variety to weapons

- numerous weapon balance adjustments (all guns have been edited in at least some way, be it a minor adjustment to projectile speed to a complete rebalance of its stats)

-Deep Ones now spawn on Tidewater biomes

-fixed atropus meatplant spawns

- meatplant should now properly unlock when picking up rotting flesh

- methanol extraction from wood increased by 1 for the Extraction Lab

- added many changes to the extraction recipes, with more items returning oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen and carbon or other resources of use (most of which is in addition to their original drops)

- Many liquids can now be extracted for resources

- increased use of Corrupt themed sub-biomes. This should drastically increase your chances of finding some on various biomes.

- biofuels now require vastly less salt, hydrogen, nitrogen

- water now extracts at a ratio of 10:1/1/1 instead of 50:1/1/1

- large plasmaboom explosion reduced in effect by 50% of its radius and reduction of block damage.

- honeycomb and redhoneycomb materials added to beestation (in addition to matter assembler)

- normalcomb now extracts to liquid honey. more combs coming to extraction later

-las rifle graphic has been made more compact and the weapons firing origin has been edited to compensate

7. chean

Hyperion Particle Cannon may need another look; 78 per sec / 180 base damage per shot for a tier 6 weapon is one thing, requiring 540 energy (!) per shot is another. If you can afford the energy cost, weapon would be doing more than 1k damage with top-tier power multipliers, which is overkill even for mysterious star planets, heh.

8. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

Shouldn't water extract to 1/1/2 ? It's kind of basic chemistry that you get two moles hydrogen per mole oxygen when decomposing water. And while the items are obviously not measured in moles, the 2:1 ratio is kind of important.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

the energy cost can be lowered a bit for sure. Each shot explodes into lots of little ones which do more damage on top of that (not to mention the massive block destruction) but that seems a bit low for the resource cost. 500 energy is @$#ing retarded though. But, bear in mind that the Hyperion is technically a shotgun. It fires more than one round of the Mineral Cannon. Therefore it's damage display is technicallyX3 damage. (also explains the energy cost)

edit: pushed to github, take a peek. Much improved, methinks.

\

yes, except that it then unbalances the resources you obtain. As such, it will remain 1/1/1 :) (already added more sources for the resources through extraction anyhow)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.