1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novkit

novkit Void-Bound Voyager

I'm deleting everything not because I really have to, but because my home system has a bunch of mountainous worlds in it and I'd love to have access to those resources instead of travelling to un-mapped systems. Plus I've noticed that my main base That I built at the bottom of an ocean world (codename: SeaLab :D) is a little too compact. Between garden bots, bees, and tenants my game is starting to slowdown a bit. I'm thinking this new base will separate the major sections via skyhook corridors. Because I've never done that !
    How far do I have to go before bees, bots, npcs, etc. aren't impacting my performance?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

there is supposed to be one where you spawn in. I don't know why it woudlnt be there. But it's on the list.

that said, you can escape without death by using /admin and then warping to your ship and then turning /admin off.[DOUBLEPOST=1446230234][/DOUBLEPOST]
    id estimate a screens worth of distance, enough that the other objects arent currently loaded in memory or something.

Generally I build vertically like a Fallout vault. Main stuff upstairs, holding and other stuff underground.

3. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

/admin-ing isn't necessary to get out of the Shoggoth mission; you can leave any mission "world" instantly by save & quit to main menu -- when you then reload you're back on your ship. That works with all missions, as your position isn't saved on mission worlds.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

true enough.

5. chean

Couple of things:

Blood Diamonds are currently set to extract (in both the regular and quantum extractor) to bloodore, which isn't an item in the mod (at least not anymore). Should be quietusore, I suppose.

The blueprint for the new Meat Plant is set to be given when rottingfleshmaterial is unlocked (the only time learnBlueprintsOnUnlock is used in the mod), rather than when it's picked up, meaning the blueprint can't currently be acquired.

6. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I must say that I am very happy with the changes to the mountainous biomes. Firstly I can finally find Tungsten in useable amounts. Secondly they are great for a new PC that needs to load up on ores early on (I started a new run to check out the armour changes). With one trip I got all the low level ore I needed to complete my early gmae needs such as finshing a set of steel armour and making the most of the carfting stations.

I will say that the .45 that you get for one of the outpost quests seems to bit on the powerful side. The issue is that it's fairly easy to do that quest right after you get intrasystem travel back. It then makes things like a sniper rilfe from some random chest up to that point worthless (the one I found had pretty much all round worse stats which is pretty bad since the .45 is a pistol). Would be better if the gift was either a random low tier weapon (like you get from the main outpost's quests) or an item that isn't a weapon so it can scale better to the time you get it.

I also must say that I don't think the Assualt Helmet Blueprint is a useful reward since you can unlock that blueprint by making an electromagnet, something that many player would make early on. I'd say change it to something like the Scout armour since it would be unlocked much later normally, but still be something a newer player might aim for.

One of the new station added to FU could remove the need for some of the farming bots. The new powered hyrdopontic thing auto-grows crops as long as it has power and water (water clearly wouldn't be an issue to find at SeaLab 2). Solar panels with ligthing next to them might be your best bet for a large scale grow op, since you don't have to worry about refuel all the genators.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

l;ool thanks chean. Funny thing too, I knew I did the Unlock thing wrong but for some reason forgot to change it back to what it should be. Also messed up the blood diamond in the same way :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446249639][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i keep meaning to change that assault helm blueprint reward. And that pistol still needs balancing. I'll lower it's damage by half. That should do the trick. I'll be adjusting a lot of the weapons in this run anyhow. I've started with some new physics entries for projectiles and I'll go from there. Mostly it'll be downscaling damage on various weapons that are clearly too good, damage wise.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

fixed meatplant not spawning on atropus biomes
    fixed meatplant unlock. you should now be able to craft it once you pick up some rotting flesh

rebalanced all ISN weapons added in 2.18, as their DPS values were still far too high even after I lowered them by about 150% from their original values in Science mod. Also adjusted their firing speeds and projectile physics in some cases.

9. chean

Sweet, going to make me some meat plants now. :D

Looking closer at the armor state of things, seems like Elder Armor is now the king of the equipment hill -- almost as much protection and life as War Angel, and much higher energy and damage multiplier boosts. Which does makes sense when I think about it, since you have to be pretty lucky to even find blueprints for each Elder Armor piece, while you can build the War Angel set as soon as you build a nuclear core.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, though I prefer the buffs on the war angel set. It's all a matter of preference. I may opt to change up the buffs in the next pass, hopefully when CF tiers up the armors some more with the epic tier metals. It's tough to toss around stats any higher (and also difficult to make armors unique with that limited range) since I've no idea how their tier 7+ is planned to work. War Angel is meant to be a t10 suit, and elder a t9 to 9.5.

11. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

o_O 399 pages of discussion thread...
    CBF to read it all, so i'll just ask ;)

been kicking around idea for creating a power system (generators, storage, power transmission etc - similar~ish to redstone flux for minecrack)
    i heard theres a power system in FU, if the one in Fu has all that, then i won't bother
    (ultimately would like to have gardenbots use power for actions, and have them need recharge occasionally, to nerf their op-ness a bit)

edit: oh right.. the question heh
    can you point me to where in the hugeness to look for this system? i found isn_battery.lua.. is it in that general area?
    (have never installed full FU, just ripped plants for gardenbot testing)

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you'll find most of it in items/power/

or, download the Science mod and use it directly from the source. Either/or :) same structure there, items/power[DOUBLEPOST=1446267841][/DOUBLEPOST]Live on Github

massive ranged weapon rebalancing. pretty much every single weapon has been reworked to fit into a proper damage ratio. Still fine tuning a few of them but the vast majority should now be properly balanced.

The main thing is the weapons feel proper in terms of damage output based on their effects. Some have had some adjustments (the ocu cannon is especially fun now)

deep ones spawn on Tidewater

LoPhatKao likes this.
  13. Knavt

Knavt Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mod have alternative ship upgrade? I created new character and i don't have half of outpost quest, and don't have quests for ship upgrade license

14. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

It doesn't effect the ship at all as far as I know.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nope. no ship edits to speak of. When and if there are a variety of ships for players to choose , I'd consider at that point. But there are enough ship mods out there :)

16. ScreamingCommie

ScreamingCommie Void-Bound Voyager

So I came across a glitch village on a proto world, and none of the merchants would sell me anything. They'd just say follow me to my store and then just stand there even when I pressed E on them. Dunno if its a starbound issue or an issue with this mod.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Well, I don't edit any vanilla merchants so it shouldn't be. But I also don't know if there is a requirement in the core files to make them work at all , but I've heard no other reports of this. So I don't think it's the case.

18. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

If you have Starbound Side Stories as a mod, ditch it. Merchants are still wonky in it.

I've had it happen a couple of times otherwise. I think it's a mistake somewhere of Starbound itself. It's not FU for sure.

19. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I think that corruption ore is a bit too much on the rare side. It's needed for a number of items which aren't exactly hyperrare, so it's very annoying. I've had better luck finding Elder items which is saying something since thus are suppose to be quite rare. I think in over a hundred hours of playing this mod I have seen the ore only once, and even then it was only a tiny bit. Since it's all up to the RNG if the mini-biome that it spawns in even appears it feels worse than those damn Outpost quests. I'm all for having rare items, but only if players can get around it by hunting in the right spot for lees then a week.[DOUBLEPOST=1446420229][/DOUBLEPOST]You know I was just thinking about how Dark Water has almost no use (there's all of one item it can craft and it can't be extracted), and how it could be a secondary source of corruption ore. I'd set it to extarct at a range of 50-100 for one unit of corruption ore. Dark Water itself isn't that common so it won't make things too much easier. Regardless Dark Water needs to extract into something so it isn't worth less then dirt, sweage or nuclear waste.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  20. chean

Are you looking underground for Corruption, or just on the surface? Even at high threat levels, corruption ore is very rare in their surface minibiomes. Once I found a underground corruption minibiome on the other hand (can generate beneath fungus/crystal moon/penumbra/lightless planets at least), rarity was no longer an issue; had almost 1000 of the ore after extensive mining of that one area.

I agree that Dark Water could be made more useful, but extracting it to corruption ore would make the ore almost worthless; since you can get infinite dark water on tidewater planets with the proper minibiome -- and those are quite common, since tidewater planets don't have that many minibiomes to choose from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.