1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, its corrected on my end already. thanks.

2. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, cool. Also, got a few PGIs from running a (wild)bloodroot seed through a quantum extractor; extractor files reference bloodliquid, which isn't a valid item. Based on other files, I think the correct reference is liquidblood.[DOUBLEPOST=1446166195][/DOUBLEPOST]Also also, blueprint PGI from picking up salt due to:
    Code:
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[kelpsteelhatchet, 1, {}]'. (ProjectileDatabaseException) Unknown projectile with typeName poisonbroadsword.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github

2.18 Final

---------

This is a large update, and a lot has been changed. Much of it is streamlining crafting recipes a bit, but with the addition of new crafting resources. Also, an in-progress dungeon with a boss and a large portion of the Science mod powered stations. Read on for the full list of changes.

New Resources:

------------------

- Magnesium Ore is now Magnesite Ore. It remains exactly the same, but for the more accurate name.

Carbon (extract from coal or diamond, or use the atmosphere condenser to extract from the air)[ used for carbon plates, graphene ]

Salt (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Oxygen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Hydrogen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Nitrogen (extract from poop, algae, flower seeds, pus, jungle dirt, mossy packed dirt, sewage, biodirt or from the air via atmos condenser. Also, you can now smelt plantfibre to get nitrogen as well) [worked into many recipes]

-added Wolframite ore. It is found on Mountainous biomes most abundantly, along with primeval, rainforest and a select few others in lesser amounts, and can be smelted to produce

Tungsten Bars.

-fission furnace steel recipe now gives 20 rather than 6 steel bars.

- bees mod flower seeds can now be extracted for Nitrogen

-added underground biome to mountainous biomes to utilize the new ore table

- red sand should now properly craft glass

- helium3 can now be obtained by extracting from Moondust

- tons of recipe changes (over 100) with the addition of so many new resources. Many were streamlined to require less overall ingredients which makes your easier.

Quests

------------------------

-quests updated in all the spots i could remember where the above is now relevant. let me know if any others have out of date recipes mentioned. (codexes have not been updated)

- added Gene Storage as a reward to the biochipbase quest. That should help the early bloat for FU players a great deal.

- fixed an erroneus entry in the design lab quests, which should allow the line to be finished now

• added Science mod quests to the science outpost.

Science Mod additions:

-. Pick up a matter assembler and some titanium to get your science crafting started. You’ll need to wire stations to the generators for them to function.

Station: Solar Panel - limited power generation. Maximum output of 2. Obviously works better during the day, and also at higher altitudes.

Station: Thermal Generator - decent power generation. uses paper, wood, erichius, solarium, coal, methanol, biofuel and matter blocks as fuel. The better the source, the higher the output.

Station: Fission Reactor - excellent power generation. uses various fuel (uranium, plutonium, all

FU biofuels, and solarium). Note that the more fuel rods per generator, the more deadly the radiation becomes. If it flashes yellow or red, it will cause damage when you are within 10 tiles. It causes the FU type of radiation damage, not vanilla.

Tier1 to Tier3 of batteries. Connect these to a generator to start slowly storing power. You can use the batteries as power outputs.

Station: Atmosphere Condenser - sucks materials from the atmosphere. It produces a variety of resources. Some are rare, others uncommon. The extraction rate is every 2 seconds for normal items, but 3.5 when an uncommon item is created, or 5 when a rare item is created.

Station: Powder Sifter - sifts materials from sands, ash, and other loose materials

Station: Arc Smelter - super-fast smelting of goods, with a chance for bonus goodies. currently only does vanilla ores and items.

Power Sensor - detects how much power output a generator has once connected

Station: Hydroponics Tray - grows seeds at a faster rate than conventional farming. Wire it up, and then add a seed, some liquid and an optional fertilizer. Fertilizers will increase growth time and yield, and different liquids produce better results as well.

Valid fertilizer: Fertilizer, Fertilizer 2, Fertilizer 3, Pesticide

Valid liquids: Water, Swamp Water, Alien Juice, Blood,Organic Soup and Healing Liquid

Dungeons

-----------------------

- Added beginnings of the Shoggoth quest. You can get it at the Science Outpost and access it through your SAIL.

- adjustments to the ExtraDungeons dungeons (by Luthor614)

- added additional Elder Tile

Farmables

----------------------

- added science mod Meat Plant. it spawns only on Atropus worlds. Unlocked with Rotting Flesh block.

Techs

-----------------

Added Inertial Lock tech

Creatures

-------------------

- added Deep One monster (by dasmole)

- two new critters added to penumbra biome (by dasmole)

- tar golem should no longer drop PGIs

- significantly reduced the HP and touch damage on the night slimes on Gelatinous worlds (the old boss and its minions from EK stable) as they were far too tough for anything under tier 4 or 5 to even do decent damage against. This made it exceptionally hard to get enough Endomorphic Jelly for crafting slime gear at the point it actually remains useful in progression.

- added some protection to the above mentioned slimes

- reduced loot amount on slime monsters as well. They were dropping entirely too many pixels.

Gear

----------------

- all armor has been rebalanced. This may require new suits to see the effect, though it should hopefully update all your existing suits. Many armors will be far less effective, as they were rather broken , stat-wise

- added Heat Shell and Plasma Light (Science mod)

- new armors (from Rise of the Hylotl)(thanks to seancruz): Missionary, Sirens Armor, Shadow Armor, Cellular Armor, Ultra-Mesh - added Diamond Lanter (rise of Hylotl) (thanks to seancruz)

- added various weapons (Rise of Hylotl) (thanks to seancruz)

- added and rebalanced a whole slew of weapons from Science mod. There’s some neat stuff here. You’ll have to find the unlocks yourself, too many for me to bother listing right now.

- rebalanced the aquatic armor set stats

- rebalanced several armor recipes. For instance, armored snowpants no longer require plastic (since the whole point is to have them for the UFO boss to avoid the snow effect, and many don’t have plastic at that point)

- slime launcher graphic changed to not look like a stinky piece of crap

Biomes

------------------

- tidewater and mountainous biomes now have a max threat range of 5. Good suggestion from @chean

- added new background parallaxes from Nightly to some biomes to see how they look

- fixed up a slight issue with the vanilla biome spawn merges. I had them set to replace, rather than add to the list. Thanks to thunderbird123 for pointing it out. I’d totally forgotten about it.

- removed “hive” block from the fu hive biome, as it has honeycombs and they clash.

- mountainous biomes now have vastly increased surface ore density, giving them a more appealing reason to visit.

Misc

------------

- fixed a typo in quest: Beer, Beer, Beer!

- corrected vanity helm masking. you should no longer turn bald when wearing them

- fu ores will now drop on death on Normal mode.

- Sulphur storms are a bit more dangerous now, causing the acid effect when you are struck.

- dozens of tiny fixes and adjustments

- replaced bog ambiance loop with one featuring no dad and daughter speaking. my bad

- bug net should now unlock the bees crafting station

- added some more elder decoration (dasmole)

- corrected atropus biome ambiance

- corrected a broken extraction recipe for wild bloodroot seed

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinUniverse with a new update entry:

v2.18

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

Checking out the new armor values, changes generally seem good -- but surely this change was a typo/mistake: Densinium Armor's chest piece protection no. got boosted from 50 to 90 (!); making its full set protection value 140, compared to e.g. the War Angel set (previously an upgrade in every respect from Dens. armor) at 106.

6. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ye boy, nice update! science stuff seems to be working well

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, thats an error. some of the sets had positions reversed for some values due to some derp on my end lol. i'll make the fix for next release (and sooner for you since you use github)

edit: fix is up on github

8. novkit

novkit Void-Bound Voyager

:sigh: [deletes universe and player folders] time to start over again . . .
    lol

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you shouldnt need to for this update. no major biome changes other than ore distribution on mountainous biomes and their underground addition.

10. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Heh. So already the github is more recent :p I was waiting for this push, but now that Trails in the Sky 2 released AND it's NaNo time... no starbound for me for the next month :p

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Fallout 4 soon. That might suck me in.

12. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

My computer doesn't have the power to handle 4. Well, it could, but the graphics card is a nvidia gt 520. A complete and utter dinosaur. Going into the guts of the machine will only cause it to go kerblooey, so... yeah. no ARK, no higher tier games, etc.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I know the feeling. I upgraded my vid card a year ago after 6 years without.

14. pierrot246

pierrot246 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have issues to begin with the science mod. I took a matter and some titanium like said but nothing unlock, maybe i missed something ?

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it unlocks just fine. ive tested it over and over again. It should unlock the items in the Matter Assembler. I believe it starts with Solar Panel and maybe one or two more. From there you'll get unlocks as you build.

titanium ore unlocks: "isn_solarpanel", "isn_powersensor", "isn_hydroponicstray", "isn_battery_t1", "isn_incinerator"

16. ptolisgoodguy

ptolisgoodguy Void-Bound Voyager

So this new quest that adds the start of the Shoggoth quest is not actually meant to be completed?

Or am I just missing something, because I never met this person that the scientist mentioned needed my aid.

17. pierrot246

pierrot246 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah you're right, i don't know why but i tried again and it work this time, strange since i did it a LOT of time and it didn't worked. I'm sure my PC was like "go say that you don't know how to use this mod THEN i will allow you to play" :)

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that's why the update notes say its in-progress. It's not complete yet. You're simply able to mess around in it.[DOUBLEPOST=1446224558][/DOUBLEPOST]

or you picked up the wrong item and didn't realize it. It doesn't magically start working when it didn't before. So either you used the wrong item, hadnt installed the update again or something else like that. No big deal either way. Enjoy!

19. M4ck

M4ck Void-Bound Voyager

Is Synthetic protein and Synthesized protein supposed to be the same thing? I think so, but the quest in Bio-chem lab doesn't agree.

Edit:
    False alarm, I had full inventory with a similar looking item in the last slot, didn't notice this newly crafted one on the ground... Sorry

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  20. ptolisgoodguy

ptolisgoodguy Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make an exit teleporter then so we can leave without having to kill ourselves then, I had to lose a lot of good gear to get out of there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.