1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I remember you said you were thinking about replacing some of the ores that seemed to have limited usefulness. How about adding Tungsten? It has many real world uses due to its insanely high melting point (it's easier to melt salts for example). So it could find use in building anything that has a lot of heat as a byproduct. So energy weapons, rail guns, light bulbs, drills, heat proof armour, or the FU smelter. Speaking of heatproof armour, there could be a set of armour built with tungsten that was lava proof (tungsten has a much higher melting point then normal lava which would make it prefect for the outer shell of such armour). Overall it would be a great secondary item to add to a number of items.

Ever since my high school chem classes I have had a thing for tungsten. I guess it might have something to do with how my teacher explained its insanely high melting, not just vs other metals (metals normally have a low melting point), but vs pretty much everything.

2. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

TempTemp likes this.
  3. chean

chean Pangalactic Porcupine

There doesn't seem to be a way to get a blueprint for the powder sifter yet; this time I searched through the entire mod for 'isn_powdersifter' in case I was overlooking the way to unlock it , but the search didn't turn up any reference that would have an unlocking effect.

4. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Found issue; after creating a Thornitox seed, I didn't get the quest to create a cloning lab. Looked through the files, found what I think is the cause; the thornitox quest had "6b_clonelab.gearup" as the followup, but the clone lab quest is titled "6b_thornitox.gearup" in the file. This also prevented progression to the blister pod quest.
    6_thornitox.questtemplate
    Code:
      {
      "id" : "6_thornitox.gearup",
      "title" : "^#1693d5;Thornitox",
      "text" : "Now let's make a ^orange;Thornitox^white;. Thisss plant iss ugly to fleshies, but useful. You can craft weaponsss with it and ssstab or ssshoot things. Insert ^orange;toxic^white; and ^orange;cell hardening I^white; genes into some ^orange;tisssue culture^white;.",
      "completionText" : "Nice. You really should craft a ^orange;Thornitox blade^white;.",
      "completionConditions" : [
        { "type" : "gather", "item" : "thornitoxseed", "consume" : false }
      ],
      "moneyRange" : [0,0],
      "rewards" : [],

"requireTurnIn" : false,
      "canBeAbandoned" : false,
      "followUp" : "6b_clonelab.gearup"    //HERE
    }
    6b_clonelab.questtemplate
    Code:
      {
      "id" : "6b_thornitox.gearup",       //HERE
      "title" : "^#1693d5;Cloning Lab",
      "text" : "Time for a little side-project. A ^orange;Cloning Lab^white; can mix two different saplings to create a new breed of tree. Leaves go first, then the trunk and voila! Make a ^orange;Cloning Lab^white; in your Matter Assembler.",
      "completionText" : "Excellent. Enjoy your new trees!",
      "completionConditions" : [
        { "type" : "gather", "item" : "clonelab", "consume" : false }
      ],
      "moneyRange" : [0,0],
      "rewards" : [],

"requireTurnIn" : false,
      "canBeAbandoned" : false,
      "followUp" : "7_blisterbush.gearup"
    }

This is on version 2.17 hotfix.

Sorry if this has been reported already, didn't see it on a thread search.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Live on Github (2.181)

- added numerous items from the Science mod. Pick up a matter assembler and some titanium to get your science crafting started. You’ll need to wire stations from them to the generators for them to function.

Station: Solar Panel - limited power generation. Maximum output of 2. Obviously works better during the day, and also at higher altitudes.

Station: Thermal Generator - decent power generation. uses paper, wood, erichius, solarium, coal, methanol, biofuel and matter blocks as fuel. The better the source, the higher the output.

Station: Fission Reactor - excellent power generation. uses various fuel (uranium, plutonium, all

FU biofuels, and solarium). Note that the more fuel rods per generator, the more deadly the radiation becomes. If it flashes yellow or red, it will cause damage.

Tier1 to Tier3 of batteries.

Station: Atmosphere Condenser - sucks materials from the atmosphere. It produces a variety of resources. Some are rare, others uncommon. The extraction rate is every 2 seconds for normal items, but 3.5 when an uncommon item is created, or 5 when a rare item is created.

Station : Incinerator - destroys items. That's all.

Station: Powder Sifter - sifts materials from sands, ash, and other loose materials

Station: Arc Smelter - super-fast smelting of goods, with a chance for bonus goodies. currently only does vanilla ores and items. Will add the FU ores soon.

Power Sensor - detects how much power output a generator has once connected

Station: Hydroponics Tray - grows vanilla seeds at a faster rate for harvest of goods. Will add FU seeds soon (its a lot of data entry and I’m busy on other things). You can put fertilizer 1, 2, 3 and pesticide within to speed up the rate even further.

- Magnesium Ore is now Magnesite Ore. It remains exactly the same, but for the more accurate name.

- added new resources:

Carbon (extract from coal or diamond, or use the atmosphere condenser to extract from the air)[ used for carbon plates, graphene ]

Salt (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Oxygen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Hydrogen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Nitrogen (extract from poop, algae, flower seeds, pus, jungle dirt, mossy packed dirt, sewage, biodirt or from the air via atmos condenser. Also, you can now smelt plantfibre to get nitrogen as well) [worked into many recipes]

• quests updated in all the spots i could remember where the above is now relevant. let me know if any others have out of date recipes mentioned. (codexes have not been updated)

- bees mod flower seeds can now be extracted for Nitrogen

- carbon plate is now properly named Carbon Plate (was Metal Plate)

- tar golem should no longer drop PGIs

- adjustments to the ExtraDungeons dungeons (by Luthor614)

- added Deep One monster (by dasmole)

- two new critters added to penumbra biome (by dasmole)

- helium3 can now be obtained by extracting from Moondust

- rebalanced the aquatic armor set stats

- red sand should now properly craft glass

- added new background parallaxes from Nightly to some biomes to see how they look

- fixed up a slight issue with the vanilla biome spawn merges. I had them set to replace, rather than add to the list. Thanks to thunderbird123 for pointing it out. I’d totally forgotten about it.

- removed “hive” block from the fu hive biome, as it has honeycombs and they clash.

- fu ores will now drop on death on Normal mode.

- significantly reduced the HP and touch damage on the night slimes on Gelatinous worlds (the old boss and its minions from EK stable) as they were far too tough for anything under tier 4 or 5 to even do decent damage against. This made it exceptionally hard to get enough Endomorphic Jelly for crafting slime gear at the point it actually remains useful in progression.

- added some protection to the above mentioned slimes

- reduced loot amount on slime monsters as well. They were dropping entirely too many pixels.

- Sulphur storms are a bit more dangerous now, causing the acid effect when you are struck. Enjoy! *sadistic grin*

- SHOGGOTH DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!111!!!1!!1!!!1 or rather, the start of one. It has a while to go before it’s completed, so I’ll just implement it as i go along, until its completed. You’ll unlock it from the Science Outpost.[DOUBLEPOST=1445815467][/DOUBLEPOST]
    thanks. I totally missed that! Fixed for the next github upload

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  6. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I just had a silly thought... grav-liquid ocean planets. :p

Edit: You did say the arc smelter was super good. We have a quantum extractor... quantum variants of the others, perhaps? Just fuck-all stupid amounts of materials to make (but make one and you're done)?

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

already in the plans :)

yea, you're right. I'll get that fixed up :)

TempTemp likes this.
  8. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I've been doing some thinking and I feel that the new way you added to make steel is insanely overpriced. 20 Iron and 20 Coal is way over priced for 6 Steel. THat's about 3 Iron bars and 3 Coal for 1 Steel. I would have gone with 1 Iron and 1-2 Coal per Steel, so 20 Iron and 20 Coal would yield 20 Steel (you would still have tons of leftover Steel, but in FU that's not as much of an issue since you keep using it).

With the addtion of carbon you could make steel with that. Say 1 Iron, 1 Carbon, and maybe 1 Coal per Steel.

Also nice to hear that tungsten is coming to FU.

Freezair likes this.
  9. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

Could you bring back the old-style grassland biome from Koala versions? You'd basically just need to take the flatness from the vanilla wasteland biome, combine it with the lush biome's flora -- If you want to do a twist for that add in the thornfruit, or add in sand as a material besides dirt/cobblestone. Make it moderately risky and oh say stick in the field of wheat/field of carrot and the like subbiomes.

On another note, would it be possible to add sand to lush worlds for FU, like how nightly has it?

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

nah, the old style grassland isnt needed. Forest, Garden, Arid all fill the role nicely anyhow.

and no need to add sand to garden either, since once nightly pushes to stable it will already be there :)[DOUBLEPOST=1445828377][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Good point. It's easy to forget the nuances of cost when there is just so much to balance.

11. Lord Humungus

That's too bad. A moderate or risky danger level grassland world would have been nice. At the very least a decent place for building even if you do need guards for it but it's your mod.
    That and you'd have an excuse for creating prehistoric watering hole for raptors...

That plu the flat terrain would be useful for generating other biome types, like oh a siberian steppe to go with the taiga biome FU already has. Or even a few alien steppe/grassland type mods like "proto flats", or even a "tar pits" to combine grassland and tarball. Flat terrain would work if you wanted to do a quicksand moon that seems nice and safe on the surface but go help you if you extract sand from the wrong tiles.

12. Aegis J Hyena

I'm assuming that with enough carbon you could powerpress it to diamonds, right?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yup. if i remember to do that later. though it probably won't be necessary, it is doable[DOUBLEPOST=1445831923][/DOUBLEPOST]allright, test "final" for this update , any minor things you guys find ill fix up before release. organised the list a bit:

Live on Github (2.182)

This is a large update, and a lot has been changed. Much of it is streamlining crafting recipes a bit, but with the addition of new crafting resources. Also, an in-progress dungeon with a boss and a large portion of the Science mod powered stations. Read on for the full list of changes.

New Resources:

------------------

- Magnesium Ore is now Magnesite Ore. It remains exactly the same, but for the more accurate name.

Carbon (extract from coal or diamond, or use the atmosphere condenser to extract from the air)[ used for carbon plates, graphene ]

Salt (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Oxygen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Hydrogen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]

Nitrogen (extract from poop, algae, flower seeds, pus, jungle dirt, mossy packed dirt, sewage, biodirt or from the air via atmos condenser. Also, you can now smelt plantfibre to get nitrogen as well) [worked into many recipes]

-added Wolframite ore. It is found on Mountainous biomes most abundantly, along with primeval, rainforest and a select few others in lesser amounts, and can be smelted to produce Tungsten Bars.

-fission furnace steel recipe now gives 20 rather than 6 steel bars.

- bees mod flower seeds can now be extracted for Nitrogen

- red sand should now properly craft glass

- helium3 can now be obtained by extracting from Moondust

-added underground biome to mountainous biomes to utilize the new ore table

- tons of recipe changes (over 100) with the addition of so many new resources. Many were streamlined to require less overall ingredients which makes your easier.

Quests

------------------------

-quests updated in all the spots i could remember where the above is now relevant. let me know if any others have out of date recipes mentioned. (codexes have not been updated)

- added Gene Storage as a reward to the biochipbase quest. That should help the early bloat for FU players a great deal.

- fixed an erroneus entry in the design lab quests, which should allow the line to be finished now

Dungeons

-----------------------

- Added beginnings of the Shoggoth quest. You can get it at the Science Outpost and access it through your SAIL.

- adjustments to the ExtraDungeons dungeons (by Luthor614)

Creatures

-------------------

- added Deep One monster (by dasmole)

- two new critters added to penumbra biome (by dasmole)

- tar golem should no longer drop PGIs

- significantly reduced the HP and touch damage on the night slimes on Gelatinous worlds (the old boss and its minions from EK stable) as they were far too tough for anything under tier 4 or 5 to even do decent damage against. This made it exceptionally hard to get enough Endomorphic Jelly for crafting slime gear at the point it actually remains useful in progression.

- added some protection to the above mentioned slimes

- reduced loot amount on slime monsters as well. They were dropping entirely too many pixels.

Gear

----------------

- rebalanced the aquatic armor set stats

Biomes

------------------

- added new background parallaxes from Nightly to some biomes to see how they look

- fixed up a slight issue with the vanilla biome spawn merges. I had them set to replace, rather than add to the list. Thanks to thunderbird123 for pointing it out. I’d totally forgotten about it.

- removed “hive” block from the fu hive biome, as it has honeycombs and they clash.

Misc

------------

- fu ores will now drop on death on Normal mode.

- Sulphur storms are a bit more dangerous now, causing the acid effect when you are struck.

- dozens of tiny fixes and adjustments

Science Mod additions:

-. Pick up a matter assembler and some titanium to get your science crafting started. You’ll need to wire stations to the generators for them to function.

Station: Solar Panel - limited power generation. Maximum output of 2. Obviously works better during the day, and also at higher altitudes.

Station: Thermal Generator - decent power generation. uses paper, wood, erichius, solarium, coal, methanol, biofuel and matter blocks as fuel. The better the source, the higher the output.

Station: Fission Reactor - excellent power generation. uses various fuel (uranium, plutonium, all

FU biofuels, and solarium). Note that the more fuel rods per generator, the more deadly the radiation becomes. If it flashes yellow or red, it will cause damage.

Tier1 to Tier3 of batteries. Connect these to a generator to start slowly storing power. You can use the batteries as power outputs.

Station: Atmosphere Condenser - sucks materials from the atmosphere. It produces a variety of resources. Some are rare, others uncommon. The extraction rate is every 2 seconds for normal items, but 3.5 when an uncommon item is created, or 5 when a rare item is created.

Station: Powder Sifter - sifts materials from sands, ash, and other loose materials

Station: Arc Smelter - super-fast smelting of goods, with a chance for bonus goodies. currently only does vanilla ores and items. Will add the FU ores soon.

Power Sensor - detects how much power output a generator has once connected

Station: Hydroponics Tray - grows vanilla seeds at a faster rate for harvest of goods. Will add FU seeds soon (its a lot of data entry and I’m busy on other things). You can put fertilizer 1, 2, 3 and pesticide within to speed up the rate even further.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    TempTemp likes this.
  14. SingABrightSong

SingABrightSong Pangalactic Porcupine

Would you be adverse to someone else handling the data entry for the Arc Smelter and Hydroponic Tray? Last time I did data entry I got carried away with trying to automate it, so I probably wouldn't be your best bet, there, but if I or someone else were to try, it would be important to know what sort of balance to use.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks, but already done :) Haven't uploaded it yet, but the actual entry is complete for now.

16. TempTemp

TempTemp Star Wrangler

I can't wait to go mine some Wolframite!

I must say you have done a wonderful job making Starbound feel more alive and real (not quite realistic, but it feels like everything follows certain laws and logic). FU really stands out as one of the best mods I've every used for any video game. I guess looking at the latest update reminded me of how much I have gotten out of FU and how much more is yet to come. Or maybe it's just the lack of blood due to all the blood tests I had today.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Thanks man. It's nice to know all that hard work is enjoyed by so many.

18. moseythepirate

moseythepirate Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, I admit it. This latest round of updates is making me nervous. I love FU with all my heart, but it's greatest foe has always been it's own complexity (and item bloat). I have a bad feeling that this new glut of workshops and materials from the Science Mod could be pushing it over the complexity edge here.

Not to be a negative Nellie here, but someone had to say it.

19. Aegis J Hyena

It's not complexity, it's SCIENCE! Plus, you don't have to do -everything-... I'm completely ignoring Starbooze and Bees, for example.

20. Lord Humungus

Why ignore Bees? It's magnificent.

My only complaint about bees is that you don't learn it from picking up the bug net. Having to wait till I get the matter assembler/whatever the name of the first big FU crafting station is, or more realistically /adminning it into existence is a bit of a drag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.