1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

my testing got a set back, updated this and your starbound crew, and my save got corrupted, so had to start from the basic get go, lol. oh well. I'll keep an eye out for more things as i go.

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

update coming in 5.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated Frackin' Universe with a new update entry:

Flurry-o-fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. dieheart

dieheart Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm alright I have all my labs but...
    How in the heck do I make Iodine? Can't find it listed for crafting and can't seem to find anything to extract/forge into it....
    But I need it for everything it seems. Same problem I had before when I think about it.

5. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Refining Caliche? or was it smelting?

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The quests tell you, dude. So does the FF in-game guidebook.

extractor + caliche (requires at least 10)

from extractor quest 9: "Caliche produces iodine and saltpeter, depending on whether it is smelted down or extracted from"

7. passok

passok Intergalactic Tourist

idk if this is important, but FU doesnt work with Your Starbound Crew. Right after choose character, the game shows a black screen, with GUI appearing, and then close, without any message. After creating a new character, this error doesnt happen, all the quests appears and the mod is pretty amazing. <3

probably i lost a save file, but its ok.

8. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Oh, goody. I had hoarded quite a few hardened monster plates. Genetic material incoming. Heh.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

There will be more uses for monster plates later. I haven't yet gotten around to adding the Chitin armor.

10. ZLOi_Otaku

ZLOi_Otaku Void-Bound Voyager

Can't find Penumbrite, travel to two penumbra planet, mining to core, and not a single ore...

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Glad you're enjoying. Starbound crew uses a custom universe file I think, since it has to spawn the NPCs to be found or whatnot, in specific places. I'm not surprised you had to juggle a bit to make it work.[DOUBLEPOST=1423716606][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Then you're just unlucky. It's somewhat common there. If it helps, they glow. You'll spot them easily. They are especially common deeper down. Keep looking. Not finding something doesn't mean it's broken.

12. passok

it is possible to make them work together?

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I certainly don't have time for that right now. I'm not sure what files his mod edits, nor does it matter at the moment. FU has enough things to worry about :)

Later on I may look into it, since it seems like it will be a neat mod to try. I have simply never installed it :)

14. passok

k, i think was easier, like some random tutorial to make this, without modding and so on.

ty

15. ded1

ded1 Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound Crew has instanced dungeons now, no custom universe. I have both installed with no issues.

16. passok

Well. i had the first crew on my ship and that error happen, everytime. When i create a new character, nothing happen. What could be?

17. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

i had them running before, but the update from yesterday didn't go as planned. Also, make sure you don't have it in a folder in a folder, in the mod folder. that's what lost me my current saves.

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Tried downloading the new update, and Mediafire crapped out on me. Really strange, but I'm thinking you should switch to some other reliable file-hosting site for a bit. How about DropBox?

19. endlessmark

endlessmark Phantasmal Quasar

why not just torrent the download xD?

20. passok

Well... i restore the system and then the error still happen. probably something that a reinstall can fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.