1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaspercayne

jaspercayne Void-Bound Voyager

Rocket Jump anyone?

2. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I can't help but think this mod should somehow more intricately tie with the Florans. Now admittedly I'm not a huge floran fan myself but still.....plant bioengineering should probably affect them. I know this is a lot of work and not easy at all so no hard feelings or anything if not doable, just some ideas:

-Perhaps a way for florans to get permanent resistances to poison, weather....etc. from a single use crafted drink, repeated uses don't do anything....if this could not be tech or anything equipable.....just a permanent character change.
    -Weapons that when fired at florans change them somehow......maybe make them a lot tougher or transform them into plants or something crazy like that.
    -Special Floran armor....only craftable/usable by Florans.
    -Lore stuff....books with short stories tying Florans and some of the bio-engineering.

You get the idea.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

except FAR less useful! Sounds like a shoe-in for pointless fun though.

4. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, I've done some testing (ok, was playing, it's been fun! ;)). Found some things that were awkward. Just a note: I love this mod, want to point out some things.

- you can't pick up fossilized bone (like on gelatinous planets ..)

- when on primeval forest or rain forest, the terrain changes to some snow biome. This is mostly accompanied by a kind of ocean before that biome - which starts abruptly, it goes vertically down right to the ocean floor. What is really strange is the beginning of these oceans: they start like a mass of water with no boundaries in mid-air.

- on sulfur worlds I found a large prison - without people suffering from no-air o_O

- most particles like poison rain or organic rain or something like that kills all your glorious plant life. Although i can harvest these planets now easily for 1000s of plant fibre, i like to enjoy to see the actual artwork way more

- these sorts of rain still drown the surface of the planet ridiculously

- coal-ore spawning in glowing volcanic rock (the one with the small fire dots) shouldn't be there, right? It would burn to ashes in no time.

- for me, FF worlds are too common in the solar systems, sometimes there is hardly one vanilla world

- probably placeholder: the alien plant that gives you potatoes

- for me some materials are really hard to distinguish if it's background or foreground material, both are really color-intense (like rocks on irradiated worlds, but in a lot of other places too, like bog, rain forests ...) BUT that might be a thing for the time the mod runs smoothly.

I hope that helped a bit, will post things that come up strange to me further.

Btw: Have you seen this cool mod (stuffed monsters)? I had the idea of a use for your liquid nitrogen. How if you can craft frozen hunted monsters with it, of course for display, either in an ice-age-like ice block or in a jar or tank filled with liquid nitrogen. Wouldn't that be a really scientific, frankenstein-esque way to show off your deadly hunting skills? Like this time not stuffed but in-a-jar? You could use the "chickens" (they drop when you kill a monster that was marked to stuff) and some glass, nitrogen, metal ...

Anyway, i'm glad Starbound is now way more complete for me again with this mod, BIG THANKS!

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

The mining guns have a simple fix which I will attempt this evening. If all goes well they will be back in working order ASAP. That said, the MM is "technically" better now, but doesn't hurt baddies. The mining guns are shitty weapons, but its better than nothing when mining :)[DOUBLEPOST=1423687367][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hadn't actually ever considered this... neat ideas. I may toy with the concept. But then all races would need some form of bonuses and buffs. Also okay with that.[DOUBLEPOST=1423688012][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Odd. I'll check that out. Could be a duplicate item name or something.

snow happens in some subbiomes. That's as intended. I've not noticed this on any of the worlds I've visited yet (the water thing). However, I have seen ocean issues you speak of. This is likely the game code though, since I have not added anything but Nitrogen Seas as oceans, and they do not appear on PRimeval or Rainforests.

Some of the minidungeons still appear. I'll need to remove that one. Thanks :)

Ideally, I'd want to give them HP before they break. Not sure this is currently possible, alas. But I know what you mean. I've reduced dangerous weather to limit this in RC048 though.

Still fine-tuning the rain values. It was SIX THOUSAND TILES initially. It's now 20. I can live with that. They are supposed to be dangerous :) But I may reduce it more, still.

Suppose that could be the case. No big deal though.

There isn't much we can do about that currently, with the way the celestial.config file works now. But we will eventually get new star types in there to help mitigate this issue. This is also why I enabled all vanilla biomes in all tiers once you reach the one they unlock within.

Nope. It's a different sort of potato :) But I'd honestly forgotten it even existed. I'll change that :)

You aren't wrong. Some are difficult to tell with. But that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. As you said, eventually I might adjust this. Starbound automatically changes the background tiles to be a bit darker though, that isn't something I can do in the art itself.[DOUBLEPOST=1423690115][/DOUBLEPOST]Tonights Plans for Fixes:

Fix non-completing quests (Glass, Nutrient Paste... any others not working, guys?)
    Fix crash caused by Crystal Carbine
    look into whether or not fossil bone can be picked up . someone said it cannot.
    fix mining guns killing blocks

after that, anything I can randomly do that doesn't take too much time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Speaking of cannons...we need anti-meteor protection for bases.

Aegis J Hyena likes this.
  7. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Girdir is mispelled (Girder)
    Biofuel Cannister should be Biofuel Canister (one N)
    Is a Rebreather even required because nanosuits? Sounds almost depreciated.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

meteors dont happen much on FF biomes anymore...so thats step 1

personally, its easier to just not build where meteors happen often :)[DOUBLEPOST=1423697077][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks. Ill fix those up right now while im in fix mode. Just knocked out a ton of minor things :) Those are more minors. In they go!

9. skittlesmcgee

skittlesmcgee Big Damn Hero

That's odd, are you sure its Colorebound causing that? I know that sounds stupid but, I am also using Colorebound without any such issue. All vanilla ores glow for me, as well as Sulphur.

Might be dependent on what version of Colorebound you're using as well. Wouldn't hurt to try multiple versions and check the results.

Seraphi likes this.
  10. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

Confirming that fossilized bones aren't dropping. They actually vanish from the tile before you finish mining it.

Also I've gone through ~20 systems without finding a single ocean :(

11. skittlesmcgee

Well, as I said I would, I tried out the "lite" version of MoarOre and went to a few more planets, trying both vanilla and FF planets.

Even in the lite version, it was still affecting FF biomes. It also seemed to completely eliminate ALL FF ores from the planets I visited this time, whether vanilla or FF. Which I'm going to chalk up to bad luck, though, since I was able to at least find some FF ores using the middle tier of MoarOre.

But, there's my findings. Certainly something on MoarOre's end but there you go. If you intend to use MoarOre, your best bet is to load it, generate a few planets with it, and remove it. That way you'll have a few worlds to go mining for vanilla ores on.

All I can guess is MoarOre doesn't really specify where to throw extra ore, so it ends up overriding other ore generation. Or something.

I don't think anything needs to be done about it, just figured it was worth knowing.[DOUBLEPOST=1423699530][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So thats what I was seeing? I figured it was similar to a grass effect.

I guess that I am also confirming fossilized bones go bye bye if you try to mine them.

12. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

If grass shatters like glass in your world :V

13. skittlesmcgee

I meant that like, you can see grass, but if you "mine" the block it disappears right away :p

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Oceans is just bad luck for you, really. I didn't adjust spawn rate of planets since you can't, really.

Don't worry. New start types are coming soonish to help with this issue. Along with binary stars and all that shit.

The fossil issue will be fixed when I release the update this evening (at least I hope this evening. It's full of tiny changes, so it's easy-peasy)

the fossil bone thing may be chagned later, since I now see that there is a fossilbone item in the vanilla files. I may as well use what already exists. I'm going to see what theirs looks like, and maybe just add mine to their file for more variety :)

15. moseythepirate

moseythepirate Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, Sayter. I think you have the sprites for Bracken Trees mixed up? I just grew some trees for precious, precious silk. The went from half grown, to mature with silk hanging off, to mature with no silk. When I harvest them, PING. Silk is draping the branches again. Shouldn't the silk appear when ready to harvest and disappear on harvesting?

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes, yes they should. Thanks.

wonder if i have many others backwards. quite possible! It is now fixed for the next update.

17. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i am happy to see this updated. i'm about to redo my whole game just for this mod.

18. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

The willow tree in the bog planet is experiencing graphical glitches. Like the middle of the trunk is off center and hoovering in the air.

Also ran into an engineered world with blocks that were seemingly Un-minable.

19. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

How do you craft "Advanced Plastic"? I'm not seeing it in any of the stations I have so far.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

You haven't unlocked it yet, then. You need to first craft Bracken and harvest it's silk.[DOUBLEPOST=1423712045][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yea, those trees are still semi broken. They are new vanilla trees not yet implemented. Their swamp biome should be live fairly soon, and at that point it's files will be updated and valid. I fixed them as best I could but they kept messing up.

Not sure which blocks were unminable. Could have been a temporary rendering glitch. I'll have to visit an atropus and see. Anyone else experience this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.