1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse (Archive)

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by sayter, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

feel free to simply toss me a PM here and include the fix in a code bracket (ie code and /code with a [ ] around them)[DOUBLEPOST=1423670613][/DOUBLEPOST]
    thanks! added to list of things to fix. Weapons have not been tested extensively, so this could happen with a few others.[DOUBLEPOST=1423670881][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, it's OP. It's effectively a tier 10 gun that takes a metric shit-ton of effort to craft. That said, I plan on changing it anyhow to something else now that we can script weapons and the like. Particle guns should do something cooler than block-murder.

As for "up to date" : there are a few odds and ends but all the core features are now in and functioning. Balance, bugs etc are the current focus along with the early starts of some new features or revisions. Give it a try :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. skittlesmcgee

skittlesmcgee Big Damn Hero

I'm having a lot of difficulty with finding magnesium. I might just be having very unfortunate luck or just not looking hard enough. Or MoarOre could just be screwing with something (I've not found many of FU's ores to begin with, but mag's been the hardest to find)

Kind of curious if anyone else is having difficulty finding it as well and if they're using MoarOre or any similar mods

Edit: Yep, sure enough, I took out MoarOre and now I'm finding FU ores by the truckload. Still no magnesium, but a marked increase in all the other ores. So that was definitely the culprit.

No biggie anyway, I can live without MoarOre, especially with as much as I already have. But just giving a heads up then for anyone else using it.

3. SoulOfSorin

SoulOfSorin Phantasmal Quasar

Hello, i've just one question : Is Frackin' Universe compatible with ISE-3 ? You know, about the new ores.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Good to know, actually. That said, FF ores should still appear with moarore, but because he has so many increases in vanilla ones, you aren't going to see them because the higher numbers get priority.

however, for FF biomes that shouldnt make a lick of difference since they use their own ore tables almost universally. If all else fails, visit one of them. If you have issues, take a look at the oredistributions.config.patch file in the biomes folder. search "magnesium" and see where it appears the most. some biomes wont have any, others will have a lot more than their neighbors.

No idea. If he decided to properly patch stuff in, yes. Otherwise, no.

5. SoulOfSorin

SoulOfSorin Phantasmal Quasar

If it help you to know, it's impossible to find ISE-3 ore with MoarOres. (Note to myself, MoarOres and FU are compatible)

6. skittlesmcgee

skittlesmcgee Big Damn Hero

I actually was seeing MoarOre take effect on some FF biomes. Now that I took that mod off though everything generates normally. But yeah I figured it had something to do with the increase in vanilla ores essentially taking up all the "space" where other ores normally would be.

FF ores did still appear with MoarOre on, but in extremely small quantity. After I get home later, I might try using the "lite" MoarOre and seeing how that affects ore distribution relative to FF ores. I consider FF to be a much more essential mod than MoarOre (obviously), but its worth finding out if both can be used without disrupting each other too much I suppose.

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i'd not say it's compatible, but that they can run at the same time. MoarOre will screw up the FU ores in vanilla biomes.

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So, what you're saying is... FU MoarOre?

DarthTrethon likes this.
  9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

lol or "if you arent patching properly, patch properly"

taht said, I haven't even looked at MoarOre. The ore rates are fine as-is.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  10. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

I think I'll wait one or two more days, it seems like you're smashing bugs at an alarming rate and I uninstall at first sight of a PGI, so... heh. :p

Edit: Ah, screw it. *clicks download* Time to make a new character and fly to a random point in the universe next to a mysterious star and a prismatic star...

11. Cheezemaniac

Cheezemaniac Pangalactic Porcupine

It seems to be incompatible with the mods Colorebound, is there any chance of a compatibility patch. (the case is that some of Frackin' Universe ores glow and some vanilla ores no longer glow)

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

No. They are more than welcome to make a compatibility patch. I have no intention of doing so. I've got proper patching going on, and should not need to do so.

My ores will not affect them, period. They are unique to my mod.

The onus is on them to make it compatible. I have too little free time as-is.

Or , you could make your own compatibility patch.

Cheezemaniac and DarthTrethon like this.
  13. Aegis J Hyena

Ideas off the top of my furry little skull:

Liquid Carbonation (essentially mountain dew or other form of carbonated thing... maybe poison water with a different data value? I dunno how things work in Starbound), could be nice in the chemistry.

I'm a fan of Team Fortress 2, but I don't think there are any mods for it that have been updated to Giraffe.

Drugs found in Apex lab cabinets. Seventh Sanctum has a nice "medication name" random generator; spin it a few times, rearrange some letters, and combine it with gene-plants?

Recipes that require Poison (to give a use for poison oceans and toxic landscapes). Gas grenades, poison bombs, pesticide sprayers, butt cannons.

Chemical converters to change one tile to another. I know there was a concept like that in Terraria.

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not sure how carbonation would be useful. There is no soda in the mod :)

TF2 I've never played, and I loathe "copying other established games/shows and turning them into mods" and won't do that.

Drugs...that's actually a good one. I had plans to add various drugs and such eventually anyway. Added to the list.

Recipes DO require poison right now

Chemical Converters are something in the plans already :)

15. Aegis J Hyena

TF2 is free to play; if you want to do something different some time we can team up.

They do require poison? Neat.

Carbonation could be used for chemical stuff. Like when you put mentos in diet coke it goes kersplat. Or, y'know, make a nice caffinated drink other than coffee.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Mentos Cannon...... actually that might be neat. Shoots a stream of liquid that launches you into the air opposite your shooting direction.

jaspercayne likes this.
  17. Evilius

Evilius Void-Bound Voyager

excuse me for perhaps being a bit dumb but i'm actually having a bit of a problem determining if this mod is working for the newest starbound update or not.. :s it doesnt seem to say it does anywhere that i've found. i'd be happy if someone could clearify for me. its probably a year since i last looked for mods so i might be missing some understanding of it.

18. Aegis J Hyena

Another idea: You deforest a planet, it slowly converts to say savannah or desert.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

If you installed it as per the instructions on the mods main page, it's working just fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1423685949][/DOUBLEPOST]
    not even sure how complicated the code would be to run game on something like this. It would be cool though!

Evilius likes this.
  20. scriber

scriber Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance for a mining tool that doesn't destroy blocks? I know I could admin myself in blocks and all, but, idk, different levels "cheating" feel okay to each person, I guess! I just want to be able to take apart some blocktypes/areas quickly/easily to get their sweet, sweet resources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.