1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

ImpFoodDescFUCompat doesn't edit the milk file, though. It has zero reason to cause a bug in a file it doesn't touch.

Furthermore, I made a quick mod that removes the "/effects" path from the file, [] value and all. It fixed the bug immediately.

All evidence points to the "add" "/effects" [] being the culprit.

...Why does a mod with the purpose of adding racial effects have the need to add a blank effect to a food item, anyway?

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I removed the old carnivore effect from it since it made no sense, basically. But left the [] in there because ordinarily that wouldnt be a problem. But I forgot to make a conditional check. It wont hurt to just remove it, so , gone!

However, ImpFoodDescFUCompat was discontinued ages ago when we changed food effects across the board. Unless the author changed his mind without me knowing, it is not going to work properly with FU/FR (unless someone created a new version for whatever reason)

3. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, I was still on Improved Food Description 1.9.3. Updated to 2.0 And pulling Frackin Food Desc seemed to fix the milk. Though I kinda miss being able to see how long effects last on FU food, any chance that could be added to the tooltip instead? And now my produce is only stacking to 20 instead of 1000. I'm guessing a priority clash between FR and the no-spoilage addon for IFD? Is there any way to fix it?

Here's the new log, there's some error about the old mining tools, but the character I loaded doesn't even HAVE any of those. Is it reading off an older characters' file, even though I didn't load them?

https://pastebin.com/5aULfHnL

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, old character thing.

for food description: no plans to do so at present.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This recent update seems good but it means that for some races, such as Avali, you can't use their natural abilities without sacrificing the ability to use the distortion sphere tech. I understand the desire of some to control the races natural buffs, but changing their natural buffs to a tech is a change many won't like. Why not just have a tech that can turn off their natural buffs? Improvements should not restrict your abilities, but broaden them. I won't be downloading fracking Races from now on. I will stick with the older version, where I can actually use more tech/abilities and not be restricted. I like the idea of winged races having natural abilities. Now all they get is techs, which means they are not really natural abilities at all. Strange that those pesky wings don't help them, like at all, without technology.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

If there was a way to do it without techs, I would have done so 3 years ago. There isn't. This is the compromise. I avoided it for as long as possible, but in the end this is a better system for certain abilities. And a lot more happy players. You are in a *very* small minority of people that want it without activation, thus far. I grew tired of being asked 4x+ every week to change it on Steam.

If you want flight, you skimp on the ball till you swap. A smart player will simply craft a Tech Tablet to bring with them wherever they go, and it wont ever by a problem. Assuming you have FU, anyhow. That's exactly why it exists: to swap techs without needing to return to base.

Also: how, exactly, would a "tech that cancels their natural buff" be any different than what I have already done with this update? You'd still need to take the tech anyhow.

Furthermore, if you didn't notice, Avali flight is *vastly* superior to what it was before. Especially if you aren't wimping out in Casual mode and the foodbar exists to beef it up.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I understand your position, however, it seems to detract from the immersion IMHO, at least to some extent. I think that the idea of tech's which enhance a race's natural characteristics is a fantastic idea. However, should not the race have some natural characteristics in and of themselves which the technology is enhancing. Maybe I'm just being anal and OCD, but if a bird/raptor race has wings, should not they be able to slow fall without a tech chip?

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yes, thats how it was.

however, the *majority* of complaints I heard were from people wanting to be able to control is, as slowfall always-on was annoying. The majority wins, and I applaud them since the result is a much better flight ability since I ironed out the kinks. Now you can easily turn it on, swap to slowfall, or swap into Glide mode for extended travel, at will. And disable it when you dont require it.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time