1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. angrboda_giantess

angrboda_giantess Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that felins already have their jump height changed (and other things) in the species mod, so which will be used in the game? The increase is different between this and the felins mod.

3. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

@angrboda_giantess :
    Starbound processes mods in alphabetical order, so if two mods are changing the same thing, the alpabetically last one wins.
    That currently is fracking races (or it would be, if there was not a typo preventing the mod from working on the felins).
    You might want to check out the "unofficial modding ebook" which answers this and many other questions.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  4. angrboda_giantess

angrboda_giantess Void-Bound Voyager

Oh okay, thanks! I'll check that out.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

7. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound is crashing on me and the error in the log seems to be from FrackinRaces:
    [12:32:25.567] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'swimboost4', config file '/stats/effects/swimboost/swimboost4.statuseffect'

I feel like I've messed this up somehow but I dunno. Only got Races and Universe installed for mods, and the game loads when I remove Races.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  8. FuryAdcom

FuryAdcom Big Damn Hero

Same that Chompy, the new update just crash my game.

9. Kassika

Kassika Void-Bound Voyager

I recieved a reply from Sayter in the regular one you need to update your frackin universe i think it was check the latest page on the frackin universe discussion

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

I updated a bunch of other mods today and this one after singling out all the ones I updated crashes on the menu load do I need anything else for this?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Herkan likes this.
  12. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

Something about this particular update causes the game to crash upon loading. Sadly the error in the log is quite unhelpful, at least from my end. All I can tell is that something related to the character creation pane messes up.

Code:
    [01:14:13.051] [Error] Fatal Error: Access violation detected at 010D2433 (Read of address 000000DA)
    [0] b8597a Star::captureStack
    [1] b85bb2 Star::fatalError
    [2] b81482 Star::SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline
    [3] 111ad58 Star::CharCreationPane::changed
    [4] 111c2e7 Star::CharCreationPane::randomize
    [5] 1119068 Star::CharCreationPane::CharCreationPane
    [6] 119a5ed std::make_shared<Star::CharCreationPane,<lambda_58a401e4b4f05a23844eb5aac50a458e> >
    [7] 119d273 Star::TitleScreen::initCharCreationMenu
    [8] 119af9b Star::TitleScreen::TitleScreen
    [9] ad905e std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::TitleScreen><std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
    [10] add98a std::make_shared<Star::TitleScreen,std::shared_ptr<Star::PlayerStorage> &,std::shared_ptr<Star::Mixer> >
    [11] ae960c Star::ClientApplication::changeState
    [12] af04dc Star::ClientApplication::update
    [13] 10a700f Star::SdlPlatform::run
    [14] 10a7256 Star::runMainApplication
    [15] af313c WinMain
    [16] 11bcff6 __scrt_common_main_seh
    [17] 774f338a BaseThreadInitThunk
    [18] 77a29f72 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [19] 77a29f45 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Herkan likes this.
  13. Herkan

Herkan Void-Bound Voyager

Also crashes for me, even without any other mods, or with only FU, so it's probably similar as above

14. Donfon

Donfon Orbital Explorer

Same thing here

Game crash when loading --> delete FrackinRaces.pak = all work again.

15. starman205

starman205 Aquatic Astronaut

i dont get it i put the file of FU in the mod file of starbound then put Frackinraces in the same file but as soon as i open the game the logo shows up then closes

16. jakeedge04

jakeedge04 Void-Bound Voyager

Hmmm i added this mod then my game started crashing at the loading screen after the fish. Apparently im not the only one.

17. Cyan4235

Cyan4235 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The error is caused by this "[16:43:05.554] [Error] Fatal Exception caught: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'swimboost4', config file '/stats/effects/swimboost/swimboost4.statuseffect'"
    --- Post updated ---
    Downgraded to 1.31, all works again

18. Xacris

Xacris Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, I had to downgrade for my game to work, as when I just deleted the mod and tried to play, my character would not show up in the menu to choose from.

19. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

Any plans are this to get fixed?

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinRaces with a new update entry:

new races, and lots of little tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...