1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated FrackinRaces with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. TheNuki

TheNuki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be an error with this update.

Attached Files:

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. Myuuthemew

Myuuthemew Void-Bound Voyager

I'll be so ready once again to play Starbound once The Gyrusens are in this mod.

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

This shouldn't be happening anymore; I'm a bit late to the mention here, but on my end, there's no issues with compatibility in the most recent updates.
    I've had a lot of people come to me and assume that it's not compatible, but it.. is. If it's not, there may be confounding factors.

And if there are still issues, please take them to me!
    Especially since I'm considering implementing a second species in my mod.

13. qinlongfei

qinlongfei Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry for the probably silly question, but does this mod affect all NPCs in the world, or only the player character?

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

15. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

May i ask something? Why was boiled rice made such that now florans and carnivors and robots cannot eat it? It's like the only food that wasn't troublesome, now there is no food for carnivors to eat if there is an incident with a lack of meat. Kind of forcing me to buy canned food now.

16. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Rice isn't made out of metal nor meat. It became the only food anyone used despite all attempts to make food types matter. Want to play as an aggressive carnivore? HUNT. Hunt and sstab for meatss. Or just play in Casual if you don't feel like preparing on an excursion.

17. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

Exactly. You used to be able to easily dodge it with popcorn, too.

Fixing it so that most, if not all foods have a properly assigned type means they actually matter, instead of being "Oh, OK. I'll just... Spam rice 'cause it's still universal."

One thing is canned food rations being universal, but rice and popcorn being "universal"? What? So you meant to say that a Floran to still eat rice and popcorn like it's normal for a 100% meat-eater?

Hate to be that one guy, but if you don't like hardcore character stats/physics per-race, then why are you getting Frackin' Races?

Edit: Went for realism. I can see why he did this, but at the same time it DOES make playing carnivore way harder due to the lack of an Ultimate Juice equivalent...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  18. LaughingAlex

Never tell me to play on the easiest setting, ever. Also do not get me wrong but the elitism(STOP HAVING FUN! kind as indicated by saying I should play on casual) in this post is rather off putting. What about juice drinks, are those now banned to I mean, they have very powerful buffs in them. Nothing can come close to the ultimate juice as a buff and it makes me wonder if florans are thus weaker than say, nova kid or human.

I mean crap, I already know how to generate an infinite supply of meat without exploring for gods sake.

I was hoping for a more civil response and it's like people get mad at my question, though I suppose it was a silly question I perhaps shouldn't have asked.

What in the world got you thinking I'm some idiot scrub? I like playing FU and Frackin races pairs well with it and I only asked a question, and you make these short sighted hostile assumptions about me. Not like this is the hardest game in existence, I suppose it was a silly question. Still though.....

Ultimate juice gives a long buff boosting damage, health, speed, jumping, and energy max, just as an example. It's far more powerful than anything that meat-based foods can give.

Course I guess I shouldn't ask, people cannot say anything in these forums without turning it into a personal attack.

19. LaughingAlex

I'll just have to make this a test at this point. I'll test if florans can handle the fruit drinks, if they cannot drink ultimate juice and some similar, you've created massive imbalance issues once again.

Test: Ultimate Juice gives the "Herbivore food" debuff, so in balancing this means carnivor counts as a drawback and a major major penalty. I say you should take this into account if your going down this route of forcing x or y race to eat only specific foods all the time.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  20. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think there is a bug with Novakid's Diet... They say Omnivore, but regardless of which you eat, you get a debuff...