1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Hello, can you add skills and abilities for the Draconis Race Mod?

3. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i just saw from this that theres a race of pigs called the pyg, so now i got a new race to play as. :rofl:

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

6. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Clicked on the updates button in the mini menu, got this result:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

It's asking for files that are only found in the Frackin Universe mod (as part of the new update system), which you appear not to have installed.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

9. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So the mod no longer functions without error on it's own. Do you know which was the latest version that doesn't produce such an error?

10. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Sorry. Since I've been using FR and FU together for a long time now, I have no idea.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

16. Tallglassofwater

Tallglassofwater Poptop Tamer

This is my favorite mod. It adds so much to the game's replay value in terms of incentive to build new characters, to roleplay, save certain activities for other characters, etc but doesn't force play styles; it enhances or balances them. Speaking of balance, great job on that aspect in regards to comparing the various races themselves too. Some races I'd really love to see: Saturnians (a magic user race![:uses the rpg mod<drools>]), the playable Deadbeat race, Kobolds, moogles, all the penguin races (they seem like they wanna eventually add more of them though so maybe one day when that's said and done), Mephetor maybe (they are talking about making a race-specific skunk-spray weapon that might be powerful enough to warrant balancing via weakness... might be a wait-and-see, but I really like the design work done. I do have one question... I saw someplace ya'll talking about how you removed Inklings from FR? Why so? Where they just OP somehow? Or the author wanted them to be OP and pulled them? I've been curious about that.

EDIT: One thing I will say - I'm not a big fan of the races with one-liner descriptions. Are they all author submitted? Would it be ok and/or possible for me to go into my files and add to those descriptions just on my game?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Inklings implements race-specific stats in such a mishandled way that it outright breaks FR if installed.

Saturnians isn't fully compatible, the Penguin Piracy mod has it's own race-specific stats, and Mephetor is pretty much dead.

18. Khioni

Khioni Pangalactic Porcupine

As for my Moogles that I mentioned wanting to see join FR in my last post- I had disabled their custom stats/physics a while ago in anticipation of them joining FR, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The physics could be based off their FF games, mostly FF Tactics Advance and A2 as they're Ivalice Moogles, not the classic furballs everyone loved from FF6+ (except for 12 as that's in Ivalice, and a few that they didn't show up in).

Tactics A2: they're supposedly bad at swimming (refusing to jump into deep water at all), are somewhat fragile outside of the Mog Knight class, and have a decent amount of MP. They're also your first race that can be gunners under normal gameplay conditions where you actually unlock the classes instead of rushing the storyline, and they've been shown flying in some games (Gurdy is one of few that actually did it in FF12, which shows that at least SOME Ivalice Moogles are capable), but gameplay balance means we can't just give 'em a Space Jump effect. Maybe give 'em gliding in place of full-blown flying?
    P.S I can't to see their artwork when they finally come in... Kupo!
    MogStarboundSprite.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Tallglassofwater likes this.
  19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time