1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fracking Universe Tier 6 Barren planet ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WyvernX1, Feb 14, 2018.

1. WyvernX1

WyvernX1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I'm looking for Tier 6+ Barren planet for my village ( coordinates )
    Did anyone find any ? ( so far i found 5.99 Threat ) using Better planet info mod as well for specific info.

2. Gasboy

Gasboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Isn't the threat level of a barren planet completely meaningless? There's supposed to be no weather, no mobs, nothing of interest. 'Course, Frackin Universe...

3. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

It does; tiers influence NPC merchant assortment and tenant payout.

Great Griddle Bohr V x: -955688440 y: 635763185
    As for the question, I have a Strange planet, but two thirds or so are Barren. It also has proper caves, with ore and stuff (I even found a Precursor biome) and an Avian pyramid, but threat level might be a bit too extreme: 9.7th tier.

4. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

In Frackin' Universe, barren planets have ores and monsters, the latter only underground, and only the unique monsters, none of the procedurally generated ones. I've found Aegisalt, Ferozium, Violium and Solarium on such planets. One such planet had the Mini-village biome, complete with Bobots.

5. WyvernX1

It's meaningfull because of NPC Tenants or so for rewards :D in FU

6. WyvernX1

Thanks i try it, Tier 9 Noice :D

7. WyvernX1

anyway thanks for the planet. if anone find lower but not lower the tier 6 let me know here, i will to if i find one :D

8. WyvernX1

Forgot one thing stars are generated so i don't have that one here .

9. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Tough luck; I was running 5.5.61 at the time, guess Sayter changed planet generation. I'll keep you posted if I'll find another one.

EDIT: If all else fails, you can craft an Eden terraformer and use it on a suitable planet; Eden biomes do not spawn any monsters.

WyvernX1 likes this.
  10. WyvernX1

Eden too ? Good. what about Structures, etc . . i wanted to use Barren because of performance ( you know more NPCs, Structures make game stutter + freeze for sec or 2 etc . . .) thats the only reason why i need barren. ( i will transform it to lush planet so enemy is something i want too xD)
    But Thank you very much for Help :D

11. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Terraforming doesn't create new structures or NPCs, it only transforms already existing landscape; see this thread.

12. WyvernX1

I know that it doesn't create, I want Barren planet because of NO structures on them etc . . . for best Performance