1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it works 100% fine. I use it and have 0 problems with it ever. As stated a trillion times: its random chance between its songs and the vanilla songs. Chances are you've heard songs, assumed they were vanilla ones, and carried on with your day.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

only just noticed this today lol.

I do have a fix completed already, I just keep forgetting to upload it because its huge. I've also added a couple tunes and replaced one or two.,

almedyl likes this.
  3. Learner

Learner Subatomic Cosmonaut

Trust me, something simply didn't seem right, because I'm not new to FU or FM. :confused: I've not only own the Starbound soundtrack for a couple of years now, which during some of that time, various tracks have been played as I slept and has also been chosen as a tune to walk to... (to put it shortly but hopefully not argumentative or like I'm lashing out, I do know the Starbound songs) but as I've said... when I got to a Penumbra planet (which in the past for me have exclusively played Frackin Music songs), I simply didn't hear anything on the list of songs that would normally play on a Penumbra planet. (I know that particular fact, because mid-exploration, I took a moment to check the mod files for a list of songs that normally play on a Penumbra planet, then manually made a playlist of those songs so that I could listen to them.)

But more so to the point, I've tried to force one of those songs to play by manipulating the game window size. Every time the window size is restored and maximized, the game immediately starts playing a new song. I use that handy trick to stop endlessly looping songs (like On the Beach at Night), and I use it sometimes to force a FM song to start playing.

So in short... after not being able to force a particularly unfamiliar song to play after multiple and numerous attempts, on differently downloaded versions of the add-on that came in different formats, and achieved results that contrasted those in the past... what else am I to assume? :wut:

Edit: I won't give up though: I'm going get myself to the latest patch of FU. If I get it to work, then I'll just delete this message and that'll be that.

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

And I'm telling you straight up : You're wrong, it works fine, I use it exclusively with FU and pretty much no other mods. As such, I hear the songs all the time, and they work 100% fine. You can argue till you are blue in the face. I'm using the site version, save for a minor fix I made yesteday that doesn't impact anything you'd notice anyhow...and I have never once had an issue. Sometimes it plays vanilla songs a lot, yes...but there are tons of tunes and they randomly play from a list of about 200 tracks at this point.

Someone posts this same thing now and then, and they've been wrong every time. The songs play.

5. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

You may just release a patch, it should be much smaller. ;)

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yes and no. There will be some track swaps , probably. Which means new files needed. And for those that don't already have the mod , I'd rather avoid confusion with them not having all the files etc (because you know it will happen. Some douche won't read the text and then will complain in the thread that things don't work). For those that have the mod already, there absolutely would be one.

almedyl likes this.
  7. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Dear sayter:

It has come to my attention that your Frackin Music mod, and my No Biome Music mod (and by extension, my New Biome Music mod, which requires the No Biome Music mod in order to function properly), are incompatable with eachother. I doubt that it'll crash the game, but since your mod doesn't "include" my mod in its .modinfo file, I'm afraid that my mod might prevent your mod's music files from being heard in Starbound's vanilla biomes, since it was designed to "replace" the vanilla music playlists instead of "add"ing to them.

Thankfully, I believe that the fix should be as simple as adding this line to your .modinfo file:
    Code:
      "includes" : ["No Biome Music"],

8. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

I tested the change, first without using No Biome Music, and found no problem and no log warning. Same with the mods. It can be safely added.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks, I suppose. Not really a concern either way, though. I'm uncertain why someone would use both in the first place. It makes no sense at all to download a 500mb music mod and then download a No Music mod :)

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

It makes more sense if you intend to use the No Biome Music Mod to wipe the vanilla music playlists clean, and then to use the New Biome Music Mod, and/or Frackin Music, to fill up the empty playlists. Thus why I suggested "including" the No Biome Music Mod in your mod's .modinfo file.

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated Frackin' Music with a new update entry:

track balancing

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. SpaceKGreen

SpaceKGreen Existential Complex

I was looking through the files, randomly opening a few, and I found that "city-of-stars.ogg" and "electricepic" were the same song. They have different filesizes, and they were equalized slightly differently when I compared them in Audacity, but they are the same song.

I'm looking for other repeats at the moment; might take a bit what with all the songs in this pack. :p

EDIT: Can't seem to find any on my first scan, but with the way I went through alphabetically and my spotty memory, I dunno.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

lol nice catch...wonder why they are the same. two completely different sources , too.

ill note that down though. Next update will have more music added and I'll be doing a comb-through to re-biomeify several tunes in the process.

14. SpaceRanger

SpaceRanger Void-Bound Voyager

I saw this on the overview page "I downloaded it yesterday and the music was great so far, but I started playing it today and ony my planet the default music faded out to this excessive annoying beeping sound that won't go away."
    Then it had the maker of the mod say there is a patch for this issue what i need to know is do we still need said patch or was this issue fixed?​

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

issue is long since fixed. You should be good to go now. This was an issue prior to the newest Stable update, where an unfound music file (it was calling the wrong file) would play feedback loop rather than nothing.

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I know that you said that you rebalanced them... but I'm still getting a track on Eden worlds that doesn't "sound" right. It starts off quiet for a second, and then BAM, a real loud percussion and a "dangerous" theme plays. It is... very loud (we're talking higher than the Lunar Base Mission in vanilla which is too loud itself) and I find myself immediately warping back to my ship to get rid of it because it is just entirely too loud, especially if I'm trying to build on said Eden (why else would you go to an Eden world?).

Such a "dangerous" music theme doesn't really fit a peaceful Eden world anyways. I'd expect a track like that to play on something like an Atropus world or something instead, but not an Eden.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea. It's meant to be loud. That's how the track is. That's been balanced. In fact, it's about 50% less than it was before. Can't all be perfect. Deal with it :) I don't have the time, nor the inclination, to spent 10 hours a week on FM fine-tuning tracks. That said, you're free to do so and I can include it in an update later if need be. You can also extract the modpack, and simply remove the track from the biome.

18. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a list of the tracks used in this mod? I've been running it with Frackin Universe, and a lot of the music you used in this mod is just amazing.

19. Maeko

Maeko Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to get the MP3 files so I could listen to this all day long (•ω•)

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Get a utility to unpack the .modpak file and then get something like Winamp. Simply open each .ogg you want to put on a CD/flashdrive/whatever, and tell Winamp to output as MP3 (or whatever program you end up using). I'm sure there are other audio conversion utilities out there too (I never had need to mess with em myself).

There, done.