1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Frackin' Music 3.45

Add-On for FrackinUniverse & Vanilla. Adds 200+ new songs to biome playlists.

1. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

hello Sayter,

Well I mean where is the log file you asked xD .. tho maybe this one I attach below is what you ask? I change the format file so I can attach it and it is from D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage

How frequent is the custom musics would play? Cause I get default musics even in Frackin Universe worlds :( ... the only thing that I feel to be different is ambient sounds in the crystal moon.

Attached Files:

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It's random chance. The music does play, but it's mixed in with starbound music so sometimes you'll get normal starbound, sometimes you wont :)

anyhow, for the time being simply remove the barran.biome.patch from frackinmusic/biomes/surface

that should fix you right up

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

sayter updated Frackin' Music [Upbeat Giraffe] with a new update entry:

crash fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. rosedragon

rosedragon Void-Bound Voyager

already remove barren one for sometimes, since it wont even allow me to run starbound. I guess I will be patient and jumps happy when I at last heard Frackin' Musics :)

5. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

So here's the thing: when I updated the mod to the new patch system, barren.biome did not have a musicTrack property, so barren.biome.patch had to manually create it. One of the recent patches added musicTrack to barren.biome, causing that one add op to crash because you can't add a property that already exists.

TL;DR: delete {"op" : "add", "path" : "/musicTrack", "value" : {"night" : { "tracks" : []},"day" : { "tracks" : []}}}, from barren.biome.patch and it will work fine

6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

i removed that already from the file, for that reason. It still decided to crash like a bitch.

odd, I know.

On my system it works just fine though. He might be using an outdated client.

But as I said, hardly a big loss. It's not like we intentionally visit barren for anything other than building.

7. GROVER CURES HOUSES

I just tested it on the latest stable, works without that first line.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, as i said, works okay for me.

my guess is he hasn't updated. 50% of the error reports end up going that way.

my favorite were the bug reports for frackinflora back in the day where people crashed because their client couldnt find weather that was added in the vanilla game. Which meant they were using a warez version since the weather had been added a full 5 or 6 releases prior. Laughed my ass off for those ones.

9. GROVER CURES HOUSES

o-oh ok

I am good with words I swear

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I r gud wif demz tu.

11. moseythepirate

moseythepirate Pangalactic Porcupine

A question. Is this multiplayer friendly if I'm playing with someone else using Frackin' Universe but no Frackin' Music?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

yea, that shouldnt affect a thing other than your end, since it merely adds to the music track list. I don't see that causing issues.

13. vantonium

vantonium Yeah, You!

is there a list of the tracks?

14. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

not really, no. I am faaaar too busy to create one and even then, you can see them by checking the files since it isn't compressed as a modpak. FrackinMusic/music/ should be easy enough to find :)

I'll be adding more tunes soon, and adding more biome specificity.

15. moseythepirate

Huh. It doesn't seem to be working for me. I've been hanging out at a Penumbra planet all day, and haven't heard a single non-vanilla track, nor in my wanderings in the surrounding planets. My Frackin' Universe is up to date too. Any ideas?

By the way, I found that for what ever reason multiplayer didn't like it when I had Frackin' Music and my partner did not. Not a big deal, just thought I should mention it.

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

works fine. random chance is all.

17. vantonium

vantonium Yeah, You!

thanks!

18. moseythepirate

Yeah, hate to be a pest, but after several days of heavy playing, still no FM tracks. It most definitely isn't working for me. It's listed in my active mods, but the tracks aren't coming up. I should have heard at least one by now.

19. Learner

Learner Subatomic Cosmonaut

As have I.

It's strange. I've heard some strange sounds from one of the new planets, but I haven't heard any of the new music (in-game).

Edit: Well, I guess that's no longer the case now.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  20. ReijiGazpacho

ReijiGazpacho Big Damn Hero

Waterfox (think 64-bit Firefox) simply crashes trying to download the music pack. Haven't tried a different file yet, but my guess is Waterfox doesn't like whatever MEGA's doing.