1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FPS Lag

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Xevioni, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xevioni

Xevioni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello,so I haven't been able find anything to calm the extreme GPS lag on my statement game. Note that my computer can/should play starbound,GTX 950,24 GB RAM,3.6GHZ 4 Core Processor,I can run a lot. However with starbound my ship even lags,at first,the game played GREAT,then water a 4 hour session it slowly reclined to a measly 24GPS on my ship. At the outpost,I can get around 17 to 20 fps. Sometimes the game e Ben crashes,but this is what to be discussed in another thread if it pisses me off as much as this one did. Anyway my OS is Windows 10 Pro. I'm using steam and after testing all the little buttons which seem to have no point they all have just more crashes,loading times and no change in fps in different sessions. Another thing to note is that after getting a new GFX card I've been getting a OpenGL error for whatever reason,I'll have to look into this later. Please do help,I just bought this game and haven't even seen the unstable version and thinking how the "stable" version this one "works" I'm frightened to imagine the changing bad screen tearing I may find in store.

2. Xevioni

Xevioni Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems that after restarting my computer it runs fine,the outpost is essentially laggy but not as bad,a little better than the ship before,few lag spikes.
    Perhaps it is some sort of cache build up that it creating this lag?

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Its an optimisation issue that's making that happen. So no matter how good your computer can run things this will happen until the Optimisation update.

4. billlovesphils

billlovesphils Void-Bound Voyager

After much tinkering and applying different techniques, I must say, your game is unplayable for me with the terrible framerate drop.

5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

To be honest its the reason why I don't visit the Outpost. Everywhere else is fine for me.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Welcome!e to game development.

7. tjsutton

tjsutton Space Hobo

Any idea when the optimisation update will be?

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

After the story update.

When will that be? "When it's done." ™

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.