1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed FPS Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Shika, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

I get 60 FPS on the ship, but when I go on a planet I rarely can get above 15. Ranges from 5-13..making the game unplayable.

Things I've tried to fix FPS:

Running in administrator launcher & game
    Running in compatibility mode launcher & game
    Delete steam from both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and check if steam.exe's compatibility mode is completely gone now
    Using the openGL version.
    Reinstalling, restarting computer, etc

Any other ideas to fix this?

2. Symethe

Symethe Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know how to fix this, but I just wanted to leave a comment here so that you (and the developers) know that you're not alone with this problem.
    I'm running this game on a fairly high-end gaming pc and I can't get above 20 fps either.
    Hopefully this will be fixed sooner rather than later.

3. pelisoli

pelisoli Intergalactic Tourist

How do you guys check the FPS? is there a hot key ? or a command?

4. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

I use Fraps. I managed to get my FPS up to 15-25..so it's semi-playable now. Hopefully a fix will be out soon.

5. Kalerad

Kalerad Tentacle Wrangler

Tried all these too. I just heard one of the devs say somethign about a possible fix, but he was english, and he was mumbling. So I didnt' quite understand him, and they don't read the twitch chat T_T

6. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

Bump

7. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

Bump.

8. Kalerad

Shika, are you still having trouble?

My issues are fixed. This all happened after I did the regedit fix (and it didn't work)... heres everything I did between then and now (issues are fixed now)

9. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

Yeah I am. I was afk, but I'm pretty sure the game updated. However, I did that method and restarted my computer and nothing changed. Still having 10-20 fps in game.

10. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

11. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

12. Kalerad

You apparently dont' read very well. I told you to do this in your other thread. But I'm glad you are finally fixed up.

Seems the secret is running STEAM in administrator mode.

13. Shika

Shika Orbital Explorer

I did run steam in admin mode, but I did this and it worked. --> If this doesn't work you can allowe steam to force it in administrator mode,
    You go to a steam short cut, and add a commend to it: -forceservice LIKE below.

14. JohnnyKill

JohnnyKill Astral Cartographer

I'll add things how to fix FPS that you get from steam, x) My windows isn't in english soo I have to photoshop everything

15. Kalerad

Not sure why you would need to force it. Check box on the Compatibility tab works just fine.
    But as I said, whatever works. This is a very strange issue in the first place... hopefully they will fix the issues so people wont have to do this at all.

16. JohnnyKill

JohnnyKill Astral Cartographer

-forceservice FROCE's the games it start to run in admin rights and the servers it connect to TO open in admin rights and when it saves some thing it does it with admin rights, btw Update my thread It shows you how to reduce lag of steam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.