1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue FPS Drop Only in the Navigator Screen On My Ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by punkfac3kid, Sep 15, 2017.

1. punkfac3kid

punkfac3kid Big Damn Hero

As the title implies, I have this issue that only started happening after my third flight to a new star system. Basically I am on my ship normally 100+ FPS or whatever it is normally and then when I go to the map, it all drops to like 20 to 30 FPS out of nowhere and has only started this after flying to a 3rd new system. Before this it was fine.
    For the details I am currently playing on a Linux hosted server (that I host on my own machine in my basement) with friends and we are using the modless vanilla game. My PC specs are: -ASRock X370 Killer SLI a/c -AMD Ryzen 5 1600x -16 GB Corsair 3000mHz -Gigabyte GTX 980TI Windforce G1 Edition

2. punkfac3kid

So X and a 3 is an emoji. TIL bu yeah its the X.370 motherboard

3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Never heard of it, maybe your machine has a problem transporting you to diffrent galaxies? I have no idea.

4. punkfac3kid

Yeah so funny thing, it just stopped on its own anyways. Kind of a weird issue, but it seems that after clean installing and reinstalling and then leaving the affected galaxy it works just fine now. Kind of a bummer since I clean installed before getting the logs to see if something was actually hanging up, but now it works at least so hopefully no one else has this problem.