Tutorial Foxys Tutorial Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Kayuko, May 20, 2015.

1. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Totally forgot about this, so sorry. >.<

Here's the temporary-fixed version.
    But be warned, it won't be really accurate as the anchor isn't in the middle of the white point.
    But those 2-3 pixel different should hardly be noticeable while aiming.

cursors.png

Just right click -> Save and overwrite the file cursors.png in your modfiles.

2. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Interesting... Now I can make my own quests and hopefully a dungeon sometime! Great tutorials Kayuko! ^_^

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  3. phytophile

phytophile Void-Bound Voyager

Back in the Koala days I found a cursor mod that had a similar custom .png file, but with more (different?) parameters in the .frames file which I somehow intuited how to change, to tell it to look at the center of the chosen frame rather than the top left. I reaaaallly wish I could remember WTH it was, because I know it is possible and that you're literally just a couple of parameters away from nailing it. I'm gonna use the "half-crosshair" temp fix in the meantime, thanks for taking the time to put it together - aiming with a triangle cursor bugs me.

I just did a bunch of googling and came up with nada, and I can't seem to find the old/outdated cursor mod I downloaded over a year ago either (all I remember is that it had a dot cursor and a crosshair cursor, perhaps among others as separate .png options - it was by comparing the values for the different cursors and swapping the values of the dot cursor into the values of the crosshair cursor that got it to become centered, or something like that, I just remember a vague "hey, what if...?" moment that happened to work out perfectly). So, sorry I can't be of any direct help, but I wanted to give a heads up that a solution *does* exist, having somehow stumbled upon such in the past. Hopefully this rings a bell or two or nudges someone in the right direction; I really do not understand modding much at all and was supremely lucky to have blundered my way to success in that instance, but it ought to be repeatable by someone who knows what they're doing.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015