1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Fowl Friends Mod

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by meismike, Dec 8, 2013.

1. meismike

meismike Void-Bound Voyager

This is my first mod for Starbound. It adds an item you can use to summon chickens. Available here https://www.mediafire.com/?y4wbq2g9cxeo58v.

Just follow the instructions in the readme and the recipe should appear in your basic crafting window.

Im thinking of doing the same kind of thing for penguins and po's, is that something you guys would be interested in?

chickens.png

Svarr Chanston and Med like this.
  2. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

At first, I thought about complaining about bad game design... but then...

Food isn't really part of the game's design right now, it's too easy to aquire. So, this mod simply becomes a way to spawn the homely sights and sounds of farm chicken! :love: Which I think is completely awesome!

I'm gonna install it....:cool:

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  3. meismike

Well if you get a chef on board, he will sell you food for 5 pixels. One chicken costs 50 pixels, so I don't think its THAT game breaking. I can change the recipe though if you have any better ideas.

4. Broand

Broand Void-Bound Voyager

How hard was it to make this mod? Summoning creatures could be the first step to pokemon style pet gameplay.

5. meismike

I think it took me a total of 5 hours. 2.5 of them were understanding how the whole thing worked and how to make stuff. the other 2.5 was trying to center the bloody egg and have it place correctly (that still does not work right).

6. erisiah

erisiah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great minds think alike? I just spent a couple of hours working on my own chicken spawner mod! :D

7. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

I love it! Definitely make one for penguins and the Po. Also, do you think you could make a spawner for the friendly robots you can find in the USCM bases?

8. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heh. I made a chicken gun yesterday. I guess this is a popular idea.

9. erisiah

erisiah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is hilarious! Robotic egg chicken butt launcher! :DD