1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Fossil Brushes not being reset

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sylxeria, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Sylxeria

Sylxeria Industrial Terraformer

The Advanced and Master brushes both say that they're single-use, and they are. Success or Failure, the brush is expended in the attempt.

However, whether this be an honest bug or an oversight, I've noticed that the 'charges' on the digging tools don't refill/reset between uses.

Example: I was digging out a fossil I found. I succeeded and it dropped the fossil. I had 7 brushes, and now I had six. I used up all but two of my pooled tools. When I dug into the second fossil nearby, I still only had two tools left. The four-square one still said (0) charges remaining, as did the two cross pieces. Thankfully, I still managed to dig it up, but shouldn't the tool charges be reset between uses since they're already being expended with each use?

I'm only using two Mods, one of them re-enables the crafting of Pickaxes and Drills, and the other re-enables the racial SAIL portraits - neither of which say they touch anything pertaining to Fossils or the minigame. I'm also running Windows.

2. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

From what I've gathered, it's just random af. Might me wrong tho. Sometimes I'm getting plenty, sometimes I'm getting 4 squares, and go f yourself.

3. Sylxeria

Sylxeria Industrial Terraformer

That's just the thing though, with every failed attempt it'd fully refresh the charges on the brush. I had the same tool count every time. Whenever I succeeded though without using up every tool, whatever that brush had left would carry over into the next minigame which generally ended up shafting me as a result. It's only on successful attempts that this happens.