1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Forest Trees Aren't Growing Back

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bonabopn, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

At some point in spring, i decided i needed more wood but didn't have any trees on my farm. I chopped down a few trees in Cindersnap Forest but left the stumps, however the trees do not seem to be growing back. (It's autumn now.)
    Screenshot

Also the game is spawning too many rocks and logs in the forests. There should be a limit so it doesn't get to ridiculous levels - i'm not cleaning this up unless i get paid for it!
    Screenshot

• Moofinseeker

Moofinseeker Space Spelunker

Trees don't grow back from stumps - IRL or ingame, so you need to cut down the stumps as well. You can plant the tree seeds you get on your farm or clear out the woods entirely. Also, the fallen logs give you wood too, so why aren't you cutting those down?

• Bonabopn

I thought stumps do grow back in this game? Regardless, the trees should regrow naturally like the rocks and logs - but there needs to be a limit.
        Also i'm not cutting the logs because i don't need wood anymore. I *did* need wood, so i chopped lots of trees and logs, but this is two months later, and navigating the woods is starting to get frustrating.

• Moofinseeker

Moofinseeker Space Spelunker

Trees grow back from seeds, not stumps. And unfortunately clearing mess is just a part of any farming sim. I agree that the spawn rate for rocks and logs is a tad high though. If you want to prevent your way getting clogged, you can make paths everywhere, but it's a bit time consuming. The only other option is to look up a cheat/mod to change the spawn rates...

• Bonabopn

this is in the forest, you can't plant seeds or place paths in the forest.
            it would be sensible to put a limit on the rock/log spawns in the forest/trainstation because as it is i imagine it can reach ridiculous levels.