1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

For the creators and the community of Starbound...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Combozone, Feb 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

I just wanted to say thank you.
    Never before in my entire life have I loved a game so much for what it does. It moves me in a way that I have almost never felt for any game.
    From the gameplay (albeit incomplete) to the setting to the music to this wonderful forum, I've never felt happier with a game, or with pretty much anything.
    It's encouraged me to write, to draw, and to grow in a way that I did not think I would ever do.
    The gameplay is absolutely stunning, and although I know it isn't complete, you guys work constantly to make it the best it can be.
    The community is just so great for this game, and they really have helped me out in times where I didn't know where to turn to. This is also for you, community! Thank you!
    The setting is just space, but the way it is developed and shaped is absolutely incredible, and it's done so well! It's thought out, it's redone several times (which is impressive!)
    The music really fits the type of game this is, and creates a fantastic atmosphere
    I can honestly and truly believe that I am in the game at certain moments. The characters you guys have developed (not just Chucklefish, but everyone on the forums!) are just amazing, and to me that's one of the best part of the whole game and community: immersion.
    I can feel like I am in the game at pretty much any time. I can see myself doing the same things that my character would do, but the immersion of everything else makes me really get into the role of whoever I want to be, and that is something that NOTHING else has made me want to do.

Once again, to the community and to Chucklefish: THANK YOU!
    Keep on exploring the stars!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  2. roman.stanash

roman.stanash Subatomic Cosmonaut

Agree

Combozone likes this.
  3. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just when I thought this forum was only for whining and complaining...

Master Automan IV likes this.
  4. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

I know people have whined and complained about the game for 4 or so years. They've complained that they haven't achieved their deadlines at all.
    If they had at that time, the game would have been complete and utter trash.
    Keeping it in it's beta form, always working on it, is how it should be for now. Starbound is an amazing experience, but it needs time.

Lavranzo and jakecool19 like this.