1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Food Stacking Issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zancuno, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

Hello, I'm not sure if this has been said yet but I noticed something that has me agitated about the food part of the inventory.

Food items are not stacking properly

Okay I am not sure if those canned foods at the beginning were left individual or not but when it comes to other food items.... it glitches

None of my crops or cooked foods want to stack into one space, they just kinda go everywhere.....

Also the only time they will stack is if you picked up multiples of that item at the exact same millisecond....

I've got (modded assets) 7 chesto berries stacked over here, a mess load of individually stacked chesto berries over there, possible stack of 2 corn here, stack to 10 pearlpeas there, and a mess of food items stacking individually everywhere!

I'm not sure if this individual stacking was on purpose... but I could see this will become very frustrating for those people farming for food or to sell for pixels and you cannot store them or carry them around properly just for them to spoil x.x

I mean this would require a ton of refrigerators if you want your foods to be even stored fresh to be able to spend hours going back and forth to the colony to sell them (hasn't got to the terramart stuff yet). For me this causes food items to take up so much storage space that if the items don't fill up a majority of my hunger, I end up running out of food far away from my refrigerator. X.x

Can someone answer this whether food items are supposed to be stacked individually or not?

if it's not supposed to be like this can it be fixed?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Food doesn't stack in vanilla starbound so it's not an issue with starbound.
    If you can't stack the food with mods then basically they have different progression in the rot timer. It's up to the mod author to fix this. Alternatively you can use a mod that stacks food or a mod that removes the rot timer.

~ Iris ~

Kulsius likes this.
  3. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The food doesn't stack since SB v1.0, this is due to the rot mechanic where foods rots away if not used for a longer period of time. Each piece of food has its own rot timer therefore they are all unique in a way. The reason some foods (especially modded if you get more than 1 at the time) stacks is because the timer is exactly the same for it (like you said, "at the exact same millisecond....").

4. Zancuno

Zancuno Existential Complex

alright thanks for pointing that out

5. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not issue, it's a feature! :D