1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Flying to Volcanic, Magma and Ocean planets gets the player stuck in FTL flight, working fix inside

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Raindrac, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Raunaldi

Sir Raunaldi Intergalactic Tourist

My surface directory is empty... I can still play the game but have the same issue when going to a volcanic or magma planet, but have never seen a Ocean one yet. Should I uninstall/reinstall?

2. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

No, by the sounds of it you're just experiencing the same bug as everyone else. Unless you've extracted the contents of 'Starbound\assets\packed.pak', you shouldn't even have such a directory. Download the Unofficial Parallax Fix and let me know if the problem persists. FYI, ocean biomes haven't been officially implemented yet so you won't see them without modifications.

3. Sir Raunaldi

Thanks for the quick response! Downloading now to test it out.

4. Sir Raunaldi

Looks like it is working now, thanks! Now when Steam pushes the update will I have to remove this from the mod directory?

5. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

Hopefully, yes.

6. tails230

tails230 Phantasmal Quasar

It didn't work for me! I extracted the folder to the Mods folder, but when I tried to load Starboudn, it gave me 3 error boxes and it crashed Starbound!

7. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

Post the contents of your 'Starbound\starbound.log' file after a failed launch please so we may better diagnose your problem.

8. Lilywusky

Lilywusky Space Hobo

How do you extract things from a .PAK file? I honestly don't know, Hahaha.

9. Dauti97

Dauti97 Space Hobo

dunno if I've done something wrong but when i click on the " Unofficial Parallax Fix" by Createse it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."..

10. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

I've deleted it. Although I haven't done any extensive test, I believe they've fixed the problem my mod set out to fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.