1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Flying to Volcanic, Magma and Ocean planets gets the player stuck in FTL flight, working fix inside

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Raindrac, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Use asset_unpacker.exe

2. Cetek14

Cetek14 Void-Bound Voyager

Still nothing. Probaly i do something wrong.

3. SweFox

SweFox Guest

You can't just open it like that and expect it to unpack haha!

4. Cetek14

Cetek14 Void-Bound Voyager

Nope. Just when i open it nothing happens.

5. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Look at the sticky in the modding subforum.

6. Lord_Nuke

Lord_Nuke Space Spelunker

Hi there! All instances of "nohueshift" in those biomes already appear to be "true" instead of "1" and yet I still have this error.

7. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

Here is a quick fix. A word of warning though; you still won't be able to visit these biomes on multiplayer servers that don't have this fix installed. If you're hosting and have this fix installed, your clients need not download this unless they want the fix for single player as well. I'm not big on "__merge" best practices yet either so feedback on the "volcanic.parallax" file would be much appreciated!

Download Parallax Fix: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/unofficial-parallax-fix.1384/[/B]

Installation: Extract the folder and everything in it to your "Starbound\mods" folder. This will likely become obsolete when an official fix gets pushed out. When that happens, delete the "Startbound\mods\parallax_fix" folder and everything in it.

These . . .
    Code:
    Search ""nohueshift" : 1" (5 hits in 3 files)
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\magma\magma.undergroundparallax (1 hit)
            Line 4:     "nohueshift" : 1,
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\ocean\ocean.undergroundparallax (1 hit)
            Line 4:     "nohueshift" : 1,
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\volcanic\volcanic.parallax (3 hits)
            Line 75:    "nohueshift" : 1,
            Line 86:    "nohueshift" : 1,
            Line 97:    "nohueshift" : 1,

. . . should be . . .
    Code:
    Search ""nohueshift" : true" (5 hits in 3 files)
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\magma\magma.undergroundparallax (1 hit)
            Line 4:     "nohueshift" : true,
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\ocean\ocean.undergroundparallax (1 hit)
            Line 4:     "nohueshift" : true,
        Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\volcanic\volcanic.parallax (3 hits)
            Line 75:    "nohueshift" : true,
            Line 86:    "nohueshift" : true,
            Line 97:    "nohueshift" : true,

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Chrona, Zakail and niceone like this.
  8. Krosanreaper

Krosanreaper Big Damn Hero

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks for the fix Createse, I finally got the copper magma trees I was looking for.

9. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

1. [​IMG]
      Helpin' Everybody
      Like ancient sages of yore, these folks provide a light in the darkness, guiding the lost, and ultimately providing insight and clarity.
    Heading to badge nomination to post you up for receiving this, Sir Yoshi.. Been personally impressed with both thy attitude and thy hyper-helpful actions :>

10. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much. My server only just discovered this bug after we had added the Dungeoneering mod to our pack, so we were all fuckin confused as to if it was broken or conflicting with another mod for the longest time. Glad to see it's just a big bad vanilla bug and nothing I broke with my mod pack :rofl:

Thanks very much for the fix as well, this will make so many people happy :D

11. Thedesertwolf

Thedesertwolf Aquatic Astronaut

I am rather curious as to if this has been properly patched by the starbound developers at chucklefish as of yet... because frankly I trust myself absolutely none to go in and edit files... without totally screwing them up and making it worse than it was before.

12. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

It has not been fixed by Chucklefish yet, but this mod fixes it perfectly: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/unofficial-parallax-fix.1384/

Createse likes this.
  13. Thedesertwolf

<3 thanks. Saw that and am using it now. I've got some reservations in regards to using mods before a game is released but having a good 7'th of the galaxy unacceptable is annoying :p

14. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

Honestly at this point this game is a lot like how Minecraft was back in beta, and I feel about the same about using mods on this as I did on that. So long as you pick and choose well, it will only enhance your experience~

15. Thedesertwolf

I could make a joke about minecraft still technically being in beta... I will resist for now and just get back to a'splorin. So far the fix has worked great. Have yet to see any oceanic planets though.

16. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, this doesn't change that they're still unimplemented.

17. Thedesertwolf

^^ Did not know. Now I do.

18. gmod

gmod Subatomic Cosmonaut

where is volcanic.paralax?

19. Createse

Createse Big Damn Hero

'Starbound\assets\biomes\surface\volcanic\volcanic.parallax'

20. gmod

gmod Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok well I saw your fix and installed that sooo....

Createse likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.