Fly-able Planets

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Juice Box, Jun 25, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes!

20.9%
  2. No!

53.5%
  3. Juice Box, you're crazy!

14.0%
  4. Juice Box, you're so good looking and amazing... i'm not getting Starbound unless Tiy adds this.

11.6%
  1. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box will upgrade his translating skills to better suit this thread, but only for this thread. (A.K.A, I won't talk in third person)

So my idea is that you come along on some planet and you find some type of ancient device or something along those lines. After you put a massive amount of energy into it, it "activates". This then give you the ability to move that planet anywhere in the solar system, (would probably be a one time use).

This would be convenient for the player and would be extremely rare, so they can't just stay on the one planet the whole game. This means they could move their home planet to planets further out, saving time and fuel... + it would be freaking epic.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

Juice Box likes this.
  3. MrMas35

MrMas35 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think since this only has one vote he was the one who did it:
    Juice Box, you're so good looking and amazing... i'm not getting Starbound unless Tiy adds this.

Juice Box likes this.
  4. yvolcarn

yvolcarn Space Penguin Leader

It sounds interesting, but is there any functional difference in where your planet is in a solar system? Or is it just an aesthetic thing?

5. MrMas35

lol no need to hate but:

With -38 votes this is officially the most disliked thread on the suggestions page.

Bars likes this.
  6. MrMas35

Make that -68

7. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

Woudlnt this be like the death star?

8. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

No cause the item itself is a one time use to move your planet to another location, if you are going to do this again you need to find / make the item and then wait for it to fully charge before moving

I think this would be a good idea but it would be even better if you could move your planet to another solar system or into the void of space or something xD

9. TheHalfBit

TheHalfBit Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would make it my homeworld, get it fully established, and then fly it straight into a black hole :)

Violet Rose likes this.
  10. TheKrister2

That would be... umh.... FREAKI'N AWESOME!!!! xD

11. TheHalfBit

TheHalfBit Subatomic Cosmonaut

The trick would be in indoctrinating the masses to think it's some sort of dense sun "no... No! the warping of space is just a wierd form of light/halucination/Aurora, calm down, its not a black hole, I promise!"

12. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea, although I'm not sure what the point of it would be.

Also, your orange text is a bit painful to read. You might want to change that.

13. TheKrister2

I found it easier to read in the short turn but in the longer it became annoying

14. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

So you're saying you saw the episode of Invader Zim "Battle of the Planets" where Zim turns mars into his space ship and you want to use it in the game?

15. TheKrister2

Maybee :love: